Petition asking Sig Sauer to stop sales to LE/G'ubbmint

PDA

Tophernj
February 24, 2013, 05:03 PM
Petition asking that Sig Sauer to stop selling firearms that do not meet the law in states with ultra-onerous anti 2A laws.

http://www.causes.com/actions/1733845-sig-sauer-for-citizens-rights?recruiter_id=185197053&reposter=384128&token=6hPzi7Wha8VdNc_fA223N92T&utm_campaign=activity_invitation_mailer%2Factivity_invitation&utm_medium=email&utm_source=causes

C

If you enjoyed reading about "Petition asking Sig Sauer to stop sales to LE/G'ubbmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MagnumDweeb
February 24, 2013, 05:16 PM
Signed and Shared

sanforb
February 24, 2013, 09:55 PM
signed and shared also

Akita1
February 24, 2013, 11:07 PM
signed & shared

theriflespeaks1863
February 25, 2013, 12:35 AM
Signed. I hope they get the message.

archigos
February 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
Signed & shared.

Tophernj
February 25, 2013, 07:17 AM
Awesome!!

C

mikeasb
February 25, 2013, 07:54 AM
I fiiled out my name, etc... But when I clicked the "Sign" button I got a pop-up to log into my facebook account. I don't, never have, and never will have a FB account so I don't know if my signature was counted or not. Best I could do. Sorry.

Tophernj
February 25, 2013, 08:41 AM
^^^S'all good.^^^

Droid noob
February 25, 2013, 09:09 AM
Is this really the way to go with the firearms companies?

If Sig Sauer is publicly traded, they have a responsibility to their shareholders to keep sales as high as possible. If they were to cut sales, they could be sued by their shareholders.

If they are a private company, then petition away.

Maybe instead of badgering the companies, we should be buying and praising the ones that have already cut their sales to these states.

squid841
February 25, 2013, 09:19 AM
I signed it, but the facebook thing popped up, so i don't know if my vote went through

baz
February 25, 2013, 09:25 AM

If Sig Sauer is publicly traded, they have a responsibility to their shareholders to keep sales as high as possible. If they were to cut sales, they could be sued by their shareholders. Sig Sauer is private. But it is also German, and I doubt that it will be moved much by an issue that is distinctively American like this. I think it is a waste of time.

Red Sky
February 25, 2013, 04:15 PM

If Sig Sauer is publicly traded, they have a responsibility to their shareholders to keep sales as high as possible. If they were to cut sales, they could be sued by their shareholders.

If they are a private company, then petition away.

Maybe instead of badgering the companies, we should be buying and praising the ones that have already cut their sales to these states.
Keep in mind that it could certainly (and correctly) be argued even by a public company that restricting sales to LE/gov in these states along with the rest of the industry might be necessary to ensure continued volume of sales to the civilian markets from which most of their profits come.

Akita1
February 25, 2013, 04:32 PM
Sig Sauer is private. But it is also German, and I doubt that it will be moved much by an issue that is distinctively American like this. I think it is a waste of time.
Agreed in principle, but US civ sales are pretty significant for SIG USA so they may well be impacted by various legislative activities given some features (pistol grips, folding & telescopic stocks) and standard ammo capacity of their sporting rifle and semi-auto handguns (how they currently ship anyway - they could adapt as well but, especially for the pistols, retooling is expensive).

Given that the company and its major shareholders are privately-held (it's German owned but the company is effectively part American/part European), they can do whatever they want within the confines of US and German laws. It's never a waste of time to fight for our rights - in this case, doing SOMETHING is better than doing NOTHING.

In the absence of better alternatives (e.g., no one's actually rising up in open revolution any time soon and our fellow citizens - who appear to outnumber us at the polling station - keep voting those of an anti-2A mindset into legislative and executive offices), this is actually a pretty good strategy industrywide.

Ryanxia
February 25, 2013, 05:56 PM
I fiiled out my name, etc... But when I clicked the "Sign" button I got a pop-up to log into my facebook account. I don't, never have, and never will have a FB account so I don't know if my signature was counted or not. Best I could do. Sorry.
This. Should probably mention you need to sign up for an account to sign (but I guess that should be assumed anyway).

HKGuns
February 25, 2013, 11:45 PM
Not going to sign up for an account. Sorry, I don't do "facebook".

aguywithagun
February 26, 2013, 01:40 AM
Here is a link for contacting Sig, Smith and Glock and asking them to join the boycott against NY law enforcement agencies and other anti-gun state law enforcement agencies. Sorry if this has been posted already. Signing the Sig petition now!

http://www.ncgunblog.com/new-york-boycott/

TennJed
February 26, 2013, 01:49 AM
Good links thanks

baz
February 26, 2013, 07:23 AM
Agreed in principle, but US civ sales are pretty significant for SIG USA so they may well be impacted by various legislative activities given some features (pistol grips, folding & telescopic stocks) and standard ammo capacity of their sporting rifle and semi-auto handguns (how they currently ship anyway - they could adapt as well but, especially for the pistols, retooling is expensive).
Well, given this, maybe it is not "a waste of time." But even with significant "civilian" (I know the term is used this way to distinguish general public sales from LEO/Military, but it isn't really appropriate to contrast with LEO sales), I'd wonder how much the statist mentality of Germans would influence their view of this issue. It still seems a tough row to hoe.

hi-tower
February 26, 2013, 09:33 AM
Was going to sign until the sign up for Facebook thing popped up. Won't do Facebook.

returningfire
February 27, 2013, 11:02 AM
No facebook, ever.

Tophernj
February 28, 2013, 07:58 AM
As for those opposed to Facebook, cool. Thanks for trying.

As to asking a company to help us out... I don't see a problem with it. It's their company but my money. All I am doing is asking them to stop. Nothing more. They don't have to listen to a word being typed or said to them. Their responsibility is strictly to their share holders. However, they can thru advertising ask me to buy their product. I don't have to listen to a word being typed or said by them. I can spend how I want. And I will look to give my money to companies that are joining me in the fight. Nothing more.

C

If you enjoyed reading about "Petition asking Sig Sauer to stop sales to LE/G'ubbmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!