Becoming addicted

PDA

Cast of One
February 25, 2013, 09:01 PM
I just started shooting black powder about six weeks ago. So far, I love it. Today at dinner, I asked my son to pass the black powder when I meant the pepper. I'm getting addicted.

If you enjoyed reading about "Becoming addicted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Prairie Dawg
February 25, 2013, 10:24 PM
If his response was....."2F or 3F?", then he's gone over-the-top as well!
--DAwg

Cast of One
February 25, 2013, 10:43 PM
That would have been awesome. I might have to introduce him to the holy black while Mom is away at work.

towerdog
February 26, 2013, 12:30 PM
I got my first black powder for Christmas the wife got me a Pietta Model 1851 Navy Confederate .44 . I have put around 200+ rounds through it so far but can you believe it caps are hard to find around here.

Last time out my youngest son shot it he is 9 and looks like I am going to have to sneak out to shoot it because he loved it. Once he got over the initial fear of the black powder blast, which only took him two shots. He asked when can he get one.

I have already started looking into more BP's now.

woodnbow
February 26, 2013, 12:38 PM
Those Navies are known as "gateway" pistols... it may be too late already!

Jim, West PA
February 26, 2013, 01:04 PM
Gotta warn ya Cast Of One. By comin here you have tossed yerself into the lake of
ENABLERS !!

Lunie
February 26, 2013, 04:08 PM
I just started shooting black powder about six weeks ago. So far, I love it. Today at dinner, I asked my son to pass the black powder when I meant the pepper. I'm getting addicted.
No kidding, potassium nitrate, the primary ingredient of black powder by volume, is also a food seasoning/preservative.

Although I don't recommend sprinkling Holy Black on your steaks. (Especially while they are on the grill! :evil: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_nitrate

loose noose
February 26, 2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome fellow Soot Lord, Now pass the ramrod, I mean potatos, aw heck I don't know what I mean. Beleive me it is addicting ain't it!:D

Cast of One
February 28, 2013, 04:33 PM
This forum is one of the reasons why I became interested in black powder.

boommer
February 28, 2013, 06:39 PM
Why is the some other type of powder? When did this happen?

Rom828
February 28, 2013, 06:46 PM
This forum is the reason I joined THR.

72coupe
February 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
Not me, I don't like it at all.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/72coupe/B0000180.jpg

YumaKid
March 2, 2013, 12:16 PM
Rom828; I joined for the same reason. And 72coupe, if that "fake Navy" wore an octagonal barrel and didn't have a shiny finish on the grips; it could be my 16 y.o. son's EMF/Pietta. Yeah, I wasted little to no time dragging him into the Black right along with me.:evil:

72coupe
March 2, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yuma it is a 2nd Model Dragoon by Uberti. It is a good bit larger than a Navy.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/72coupe/FLOOD015.jpg
62 Pocket Police.

YumaKid
March 2, 2013, 02:00 PM
Oops - my bad. :banghead: Since somebody had mentioned 'initiating' their kid(s); my mind went straight to my boys charcoal-burner. Now that I'm looking closer at your 2nd model; the differences are pretty obvious.

robhof
March 2, 2013, 07:08 PM
Don't listen to those others, it's not addictive, but the darn guns seem to follow you home...:cuss::evil::evil:

robhof
March 2, 2013, 07:11 PM
Picture didn't load on 1st post, hope it works now?:fire::evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Becoming addicted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!