RCBS service

PDA

aliveisalive
February 26, 2013, 11:20 AM
Well, first time I ever called. I simply needed the .357 spacers for a set of .38/357 dies, and the large primer rod for their hand primer.

Wait was about 10 minutes, and when the female picked up she wasn't very friendly. So here I am thinking oh no, I've heard such great things just my luck...

But, she took name and addy and said ok they are on the way. No payment. Just on the way.

I'll attribute it to them taking tons of calls lately (Or so I hope thats what it was) but either way, I'll take a less than friendly person and free stuff.

So first experience mixed, but during these crazy times for them im sure, they still get a +1 from me.

-Brian.

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jesse Heywood
February 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
Everyone has a bad day occasionally. Doing their job I would start having a bad day about the 3rd call....

aliveisalive
February 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
I work in a fairly busy 911 call center, so Im a little particular when it comes to customer service :)

aliveisalive
February 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
Also, I think I get more excited over reloading supplies than actual guns...

Just ordered 12 ammo boxes from berrys, a rotary media separator, a brass hammer and brass punch set..

woo!

hdbiker
February 26, 2013, 01:00 PM
I e-mailed RCBS complaining that after only 40 years of use (chuckle),my RockChucker spent primer catcher tray broke.Less than a week later, I recieved a new on in the mail,NO CHARGE !!!! RCBS tools and customer service is TOP NOTCH !!! hdbiker

geist262
February 26, 2013, 01:13 PM
I bent a 9mm resize/decapping rod. I just wanted to know how to order a replacement since it was my fault. They sent a new one under warranty. Top notch outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James2
February 26, 2013, 01:19 PM
Good reports. I have used RCBS for years and never had a reason to call or complain. Good stuff.

oneounceload
February 26, 2013, 01:25 PM
I was having an issue with a used RCBS Grand shotshell reloader. The tech spent over an hour on the phone with me going over everything step by step, determined what was need to correct everything and I had the parts delivered across the country in three days. I called up later and ordered some extra parts for the inevitable breakage (some parts on the Grand are designed to break to save the press) and they just shipped them without question or cost. Haven't found anyone doing it better

jdduffy
February 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
I broke one of the plastic wings on a old 22-250 precision mic. I called to see if I could buy the part.they sent the whole bullet set up for free !!!!! how can you top that kind of CS.

carbine85
February 26, 2013, 05:02 PM
I called them and said I lost some parts. They sent replacements at no charge. When I was talking to the lady on the phone she figured out that I had old style locking rings and replaced 6 of them for no charge. They earned my loyality.

Magnum Shooter
February 26, 2013, 05:20 PM
Rounded off the main screw on my Lube-A-Matic, they sent 2 free, canít beat that.

SquirrelNuts
February 26, 2013, 11:54 PM
I had a rough seater plug in a set of .30-06 dies. I called to buy a replacement. They took my name and address and sent me a new one at no charge.

280shooter
February 27, 2013, 12:10 AM
RCBS are the best in replacing parts,, with no cost,, How can you beat that?

BYJO4
February 27, 2013, 12:15 AM
RCBS has built up a great reputation for customer service and standing behind their products. Thats the primary reason that my loading bench has so much green on it. I began buying RCBS equipment 40 years ago and still have every piece of it.

ngnrd
February 27, 2013, 04:53 AM
meh... I've been waiting on a replacement expander for my 380 dies for almost a month since they said they would send me a replacement for the 9mm version that comes in their 380 die set.

Needless to say, I'm not overly impressed at the moment. Seriously... why did I buy something other than Lee?

jack44
February 27, 2013, 09:27 AM
I still have not recived my scale. Friday is D DAY if I dont get a mad reloader will call em!.

ngnrd
February 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
After writing my previous post, I emailed RCBS inquiring about the status of my replacement expander plug. I got an email back this morning apologizing for the fact that it hadn't yet been shipped, and stating that it would be shipped today.

I know the industry as a whole is extremely busy right now. But if I knew it was going to take well over a month, I could have returned this die set, ordered a Lee set to replace it, and would have actually been loading 380 within two weeks instead of waiting for the mailman every day.

So, yeah... still not overly impressed with the customer service at RCBS.

mtrmn
February 27, 2013, 04:20 PM
Nothing but good from RCBS for me. I find that email is much easier and less time consuming than waiting on a phone.

BRHbar
February 27, 2013, 06:52 PM
I too, called about breaking decap pins, talked to Charlie I believe, super nice guy. He sent me an assortment of pins, and 2 decap rods. It did take about almost 2 weeks to get them, just figured that it was due to all the orders that there putting out. I had talked to him about 223 dies, cause that's the one that i'd been breaking the pins on.... anyway, he told me that they were like 12,000 sets behind.

oneounceload
February 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
But if I knew it was going to take well over a month, I could have returned this die set, ordered a Lee set to replace it, and would have actually been loading 380 within two weeks instead of waiting for the mailman every day.

Maybe so, but then you would be using those so-so Lee products.... ;)

jerkface11
February 27, 2013, 07:25 PM
, I could have returned this die set, ordered a Lee set to replace it, and would have actually been loading 380 within two weeks instead of waiting for the mailman every day.

And if it had broken they would have charged you shipping at the very least.

ngnrd
February 27, 2013, 07:27 PM
You mean like the 9 other sets of Lee dies that I have, and that I haven't had any issues with.:scrutiny:

jerkface11
February 27, 2013, 10:46 PM
When my Lee die broke they were rude and wanted me to pay shipping so they could fix it even though it was NEW.

stargeezer
February 28, 2013, 11:45 PM
40 years of using RCBS gear and everything I've needed has been free and in my hand in a week and a half mostly. I did call about parts for a tool they had not made in 30 years - that part took three weeks, but what do you expect.

Lee on the other hand burned all bridges with me years ago. I had used their old style hand primer since the late 70's util it got knocked off my bench and some of the plastic shattered and the middle link cracked. Yes, it is thirty odd years old, and I had used it for thousands of rounds, but it did the one thing I needed it to do - it worked.

After I bought Lee's "new" model and trying that POS, I called Lee and after working my way to a real person, I was told the parts I needed for my old one were not to be had and was told how happy I'd be with the new improved model. I did a fast count and asked about the problems I was having with the new tool and was then told that yes these things can be a issue and no there were no fixes for the problems. To which I pointed out that my old one had worked all those years without these problems.

The solution turned out to be simple - I threw the 'new improved model' in a drawer and bought the RCBS tool that was more expensive, but it WORKS.

YMMV

Rodahayes51
February 28, 2013, 11:59 PM
When I first started loading, I bent a 223 deprimer-expander. I (foolishly) bought another complete die set. Recently I was starting to size 223 and on the second case I felt increased resistance and stopped. Sure enough, I had bent another. I found out the deprimer-expander wasn't tight. This time I called RCBS service and very helpful man named Larry Meyer took the time to e-mail me instructions on how to adjust the die. I told him I would like to buy 3 of the units to replace the two that broke and have a spare. He sent me 3 of them free of charge. I appreciated that and certainly will continue to buy RCBS products!

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!