There's one born every minute!!

PDA

LubeckTech
February 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
Is there something really special about this mold;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-9MM-TWO-CAVITY-BULLET-MOLD-AND-HANDLES-/190800074014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6c92151e

Unless it is gold plated or there is something of collector value about this it should be a $20.00 mold brand new. If you were to backorder one thru a distributor you should have one in 4-8 weeks. Cast 9mm bullets are available.

If you enjoyed reading about "There's one born every minute!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
silicosys4
February 26, 2013, 07:00 PM
9mm and .40 molds are pretty hard to find right now, probably trying to cash in like everyone else.

LubeckTech
February 26, 2013, 07:04 PM
Very true but the expected order full fillment dates from Lee are not that bad and for that much money there are many nicer molds availavle.

Reefinmike
February 26, 2013, 07:14 PM
Ooh wow. I have that same mold and well, long story short, when I first got my TCP, I thought it was going to be a new range gun! only shoot a box a month and I have enough ammo and bullets on hand for almost 5 years! maybe its time to cash in on the mold :evil:

grubbylabs
February 26, 2013, 07:19 PM
I would probably order another accurate mold, I bet Toms ship times are probably about the same.

His prices for a basic two cavity aluminum mold are probably not much higher.

Fishslayer
February 26, 2013, 08:29 PM
But it comes with the handles, and I don't think he's charging extra for the cracks... :D

FWIW I haven't seen any of my favorite 9mm bullets for quite awhile.

Come to think of it I haven't seen ANY.

rsrocket1
February 26, 2013, 08:44 PM
Wow, I have a 6 cavity Lee 9mm mold, if that was the trend could I get $225 for it?

hueyville
February 26, 2013, 09:25 PM
Great idea. I purchased an entire commercial casting operation when its owner retired. I probably have over twenty 4 to 8 cavity I have zero desire to use. That might score that bullet casting machine I have my eye on.

grubbylabs
February 26, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hey hueyville shoot me a list of what you got when you get a minute, I might be interested in a few of the molds.

I would especially be interested in some 30 call molds for my bolt rifles.

LubeckTech
February 26, 2013, 09:35 PM
I bought 1,000 9MM Berry's Plated RN HB last week for $91.00 shipped.
All gone this week though. Bullets are out there but you have to be working with suppliers who will notify you when they come in and have places you check daily. You also have to be ready to move as soon asyou see something . At the moment 5 minutes can make the difference between score or bust!
I cast but try to have plated stock for my Glocks and H&K USP40 to eat.

grubbylabs
February 26, 2013, 09:50 PM
Check our Rocky Mountain reloading, he has stuff.

Searcher4851
February 27, 2013, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't say the person is trying to gouge anyone. He started the auction at $20.00.

Hondo 60
February 27, 2013, 04:52 PM
(just shaking my head)

Wow - that's insane!
I just bought 2 molds from Titan Reloading.

Not advertizing for 'em, but they had what I wanted in stock
Got a 32 cal & 45 cal molds, a bottom pour pot, ingot mold & ladle
all for under $130 including shipping

If you enjoyed reading about "There's one born every minute!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!