Detective Special Holster

PDA

Billy Shears
February 27, 2013, 11:59 AM
Who makes a good holster for a Colt Detective Special with a three inch barrel? I have a late series 2 one with the thin barrel with the unshrouded ejector rod. I can't seem to find a good belt holster for it. Most holster makers only make holsters for the two inch barreled version. I know the three inchers were rare, but somebody must make something.

One of these days, when I can find one and I have the money, I'd like to pick up one of the series 3 guns with the three inch barrel, that does have the shrouded ejector rod. No doubt I will want a holster for one of those as well when I get it. Right now though, I'd be happy to find something to fit the DS I've got.

If you enjoyed reading about "Detective Special Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
357 Terms
February 27, 2013, 04:58 PM
Try a holster made for an sp101.

Old Fuff
February 27, 2013, 07:20 PM
I've been in the same boat, and found a solution at a gun show while going through a box of "worthless" old hosters :evil: and discovered one for a 4" Police Positive Special, that was made on the same frame/platform as the Detective Special. It was in "like new" condition and set me back $15.00 cash money... ;)

JTQ
February 27, 2013, 09:27 PM
Simply Rugged shows the Detective Special on their list, but don't specify barrel length.

http://www.simplyrugged.com

Likewise for Lobo Gunleather, they show the Detective Special, but don't specify barrel length.

http://www.lobogunleather.com/1_home

The more I look, I'm guessing this is the case with most holster makers. You may have to call them and verify. The guys that have been in the business for a few years may be the best bets as they made holsters when that pistol was more common in use. Such makers as Alessi, Rosen, Sparks, etc.

smkummer
February 27, 2013, 11:20 PM
I'll let it go for $15 plus shipping. I have to go look for it. Let me know if your interested.

Billy Shears
February 28, 2013, 12:21 AM
Yeah, for $15 I'll take it. Send me a PM when you find it with the address for me to send you a check or money order.

If you enjoyed reading about "Detective Special Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!