Grand Firearms Industry Contact Your Politicians Thread

PDA

mesinge2
January 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
Ruger - Take Action Now!

Ruger has made it easy for you to contact your Local and National Representatives. It only takes about 2 minutes and sends a pro-2nd Amendment email to everyone from the president down to your local state reps.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Taking action is simple, just follow these 3 Steps:

Step 1: Enter your personal contact information below, this information will be added to the letter and is required to reach each of the appropriate representatives in your area. This information is not stored by Ruger, nor is it used for any other purposes than this legislative action.

Step 2: Press "Submit" and we will prepare the letter below, in your name to the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General.

Step 3: Review your letter one last time, add in your first name and press "Submit"! You have just taken strong action in protecting your rights.

Moderator Note: This was the first member to identify a good letter writing website and post it. First Ruger did it, then S&W and now other firearms industry companies are providing the means to contact all of your elected officials easily.

Ruger's fed official letter webpage - http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

NRA/ILA's fed official letter webpage - http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

GOA/capwiz site - http://capwiz.com/gunowners/home/[/COLOR]

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Firearms Industry Contact Your Politicians Thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
January 12, 2013, 10:12 AM
Nice letter!

Steve H
January 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
Done

NosaMSirhC
January 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
Ruger - Take Action Now!

Ruger has made it easy for you to contact your Local and National Representatives. It only takes about 2 minutes and sends a pro-2nd Amendment email to everyone from the president down to your local state reps.

Taking action is simple, just follow these 3 Steps:

Step 1: Enter your personal contact information below, this information will be added to the letter and is required to reach each of the appropriate representatives in your area. This information is not stored by Ruger, nor is it used for any other purposes than this legislative action.

Step 2: Press "Submit" and we will prepare the letter below, in your name to the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General.

Step 3: Review your letter one last time, add in your first name and press "Submit"! You have just taken strong action in protecting your rights.

Done..:thumbup:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

VINTAGE-SLOTCARS
January 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
Fast, eazy to do, confirmation back,,,,,DONE !!! Thanks

Ehtereon11B
January 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
Love it. Its actually easier than the one the NRA has on their website. Wife and I have done it already.

Walt622
January 12, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the link, fast and easy!

Carter
January 12, 2013, 12:00 PM
Awesome. One more reason to keep buying Ruger products.

58limited
January 12, 2013, 12:02 PM
Done. I like how you can add your own closing.

RockyMtnTactical
January 12, 2013, 12:24 PM
I like that this letter is sent to more than just your two Senators and congressman, it is also sent out to your Governor, Biden, and state reps.

CTGunner
January 12, 2013, 01:01 PM
I sent it but didn't get a confirmation. Did the confirmation go to your personal e-mail?

mesinge2
January 12, 2013, 01:12 PM
I sent it but didn't get a confirmation. Did the confirmation go to your personal e-mail?
Mine did

Old Fuff
January 12, 2013, 01:12 PM
Done! But don't let this be an excuse for not sending your own personal communication to the same legislators or officials.

Also be prepared to answer their replys. Thank those who are on our side, and make it clear to the others that you are a registered voter* and looking forward to November 2014 and 2016.

*If you are not registered get sighed up NOW!

Kiln
January 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
When I saw the title I thought I was going to come into a thread saying that Ruger was rolling over on gun owners again and endorsing the AWB. I'm glad to see that this isn't the case.

Water-Man
January 12, 2013, 01:34 PM
How good of an idea is it to give your name and address to some of these people and admit you're a gun owner?

I have some reservations about doing so, considering the present state of affairs and the current Administration.

Tin Foil Hat? Maybe so but..........

dstryr
January 12, 2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry for the repost; I did a search for 'Ruger' before my post and didn't see this.

mnhntr
January 12, 2013, 01:56 PM
done

Jaymo
January 12, 2013, 02:14 PM
We must all hang together or we will all hang separately.

SC_Dave
January 12, 2013, 02:20 PM
Done, Thanks

JRadice45
January 12, 2013, 02:28 PM
done

eddiegun
January 12, 2013, 03:17 PM
Done.

Thank You mesinge2! .......and Thank You Ruger!

blahpony
January 12, 2013, 03:19 PM
Sent.

Doc7
January 12, 2013, 03:24 PM
Done!! My representative blocks me on his website because of faulty zip code technology claiming I don't live in his district and they havent responded to my tech support messages. This was great, thanks!

Old Fuff
January 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
How good of an idea is it to give your name and address to some of these people and admit you're a gun owner? I have some reservations about doing so, considering the present state of affairs and the current Administration

I would hate to think of missing any hit-list they might have, and it's likely I'm on any previous ones they might have. Iíve been making a point of getting on all I could since the middle 1960ís

Our country's founders knew they'd be at the head of the list when they signed the Declaration of Independence. They hesitated not, and at considerable less risk I won't either.

gotigers
January 12, 2013, 04:58 PM
I just hit it. I posted it on my hometown forum and facebook.

pass it on.

Edit: Well, if they use this list to come for us, then we are at war. So it wont matter if you're on the list or not. What will you do, if they come after people on the list? I don't think that will happen, but it is not a valid arguement.

gfpd707
January 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Done

gunslinger15
January 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
DONE!!!!Tthat was a great super easy one! My Reps have probably gotten 50 letters from me now! Ha Be sure to post this link to your FB and Twitter! Its so easy the masses have no excuse not to get their voice heard!!!! Thanks for the link!

udonb
January 12, 2013, 05:13 PM
Done. Very easy. Thanks Ruger.

CTGunner
January 12, 2013, 05:21 PM
Done

Will41
January 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
My wife and I both sent an email. This is an awesome form.

Thank you Ruger. I might have to buy a new Ruger!

As I mentioned, I have been trying to do something everyday.

For the people that are afraid to speak up, we need all gunowners to take a stand and let their voices be heard before it is too late.

Nelson21
January 12, 2013, 05:39 PM
done

First post too.

Will41
January 12, 2013, 05:58 PM
It is awesome that Ruger is doing something. But, what about the other gun manufactures?

rugerman07
January 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
Kudos to Ruger for helping us get our voices heard!

xjsnake
January 12, 2013, 06:43 PM
Emails sent. Thanks for the heads up y'all!

Franksterm1
January 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
Done

horsemen61
January 12, 2013, 07:17 PM
Did it

SEE IT LIKE A NATIVE
January 12, 2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you ! Done deal !

RTU
January 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the link, Has been done

Texasrpbrock
January 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
I've been sending emails the old fashion way apparently. Seriously, that's slicker than snot. And it goes to everyone in my Texas plus Washington. Gotta love technology. But keep up the personal emails and correspondence as well folks!

Good link!

Texasrpbrock

Ryanxia
January 12, 2013, 07:42 PM
I hate to be paranoid, but Ruger doesn't exactly have a good reputation for upholding gun laws, wasn't it Bill Ruger that suggested the initial ban of "high capacity" magazines? I know he's no longer running things, but I'm a bit leery of putting all my info in on Ruger's website. I know that's stupid but go with your gut I guess. In any case, I've written numerous letters to my representatives (all of them) and donated to the NRA-ILA fund so I'm still doing my part. Seems like a good letter.

Atbat82
January 12, 2013, 08:09 PM
Done. That was crazy easy! That's at least three times I've written my reps. Wonder if they're sick of me yet ?

Sent from my iPhone

Swing
January 12, 2013, 08:10 PM
Neat. :)

gotigers
January 12, 2013, 08:26 PM
Here is a site similar to Ruger's Take Action. This is at GOA fight John McCain's BS.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/utr/2/?a=62315921&i=13321241&c=

RTU
January 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks, has been done!

Udontwantnoneson
January 13, 2013, 03:46 AM
Excellent, just enter your info and the site does the rest!

Kiln
January 13, 2013, 04:07 AM
I would hate to think of missing any hit-list they might have, and it's likely I'm on any previous ones they might have. Iíve been making a point of getting on all I could since the middle 1960ís

Our country's founders knew they'd be at the head of the list when they signed the Declaration of Independence. They hesitated not, and at considerable less risk I won't either.
Same here.

Lone Ranger
January 13, 2013, 05:55 AM
Done and emailed to my friends.

Will41
January 13, 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks! I just sent an email and renewed my GOA membership.

bubbameat
January 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
Just sent message and forwarded the info to my wife for her to send.

2 Wild Dueces
January 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
GREAT way to get letters out! Pass this on!

labhound
January 13, 2013, 08:56 PM
Done, and sent the link to all my friends e-mail addresses!!

tyler500e
January 13, 2013, 10:43 PM
I think I may just go pick up a mini 14 tomorrow.. if I can find one.

KDS
January 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
Done. Huge fan of Ruger and I think I'll treat myself to another one of their fine firearms

gotigers
January 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
bumped. hit this.

Tinker
January 15, 2013, 02:53 PM
Been a while since I've looked at GOA's site. I always liked Larry Pratt. I think I'll join them.

That certainly was easy the way that it set up. Thanks. I will pass it on to friends and family.

dc.fireman
January 15, 2013, 04:57 PM
Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and experiences with me.

If you need assistance resolving a specific problem with a federal agency, please contact my office at 703-442-0670 or toll free at 1-877-676-2759. Otherwise, please be assured that we are reading and responding to your comments and opinions as fast as we can.

As the 112th Congress moves forward, please continue to be in touch with your views.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

He was one of the first to endorse 'new legislation' after the massacre. He has/had an NRA 'A' rating. He is up for re-election/eviction in '14.

Teachu2
January 15, 2013, 05:31 PM
Gee - Feinstein and Boxer just got my letter. Think I'll get invited to DC to discuss it? :what:

lobo9er
January 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
I am a Big Fan of GOA

miamivicedade
January 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
I got Durbin and Kirk. Kirk is a terrible Republican.

miamivicedade
January 15, 2013, 09:57 PM
Done

pacerdude
January 15, 2013, 11:06 PM
I just sent in my information. I am glad that a Ruger was the first gun I put my money towards several years ago. Now i just wish I had the money to spare for another pistol.

RockyMtnTactical
January 16, 2013, 03:02 AM
Might want to re-send yours again.

WAhunter
January 16, 2013, 03:47 AM
Done.

ephraimf
January 16, 2013, 05:49 AM
Done

Jakemedic
January 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
A special thank you to whoever it was that posted this in the first place. I just recently purchased my first Ruger product, and I am very glad that I did.

jeepdeep
January 16, 2013, 07:25 AM
Done.

Geddinight
January 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
Thank you Ruger. It was easy and fast.

mokin
January 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
I like it! I've done lots the other ways too.

9mmforMe
January 17, 2013, 01:05 AM
Done as well. Good letter!

forty5
January 17, 2013, 01:59 PM
Done and Done, One for me and one for my wife.:)

birdhead
January 17, 2013, 04:58 PM
I did it!! Thanks Ruger!!

Ironbar
January 17, 2013, 05:08 PM
Did it.

Topkick
January 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
DONE!

glock30
January 17, 2013, 08:32 PM
Done.Thanks!

Phineas Dregg
January 17, 2013, 08:37 PM
done! I also tried something a website called popvox.com that does something similar but lets you comment on specific bills or proposals.

Doc7
January 17, 2013, 10:36 PM
I just did it a second time. It's up to 513,037 and growing constantly.

Tonight, instead of continuing to polish my Marlin 60's bolt, I took the time to hand-write 4 letters, 6 more copies left and will be sending them to the list of Reps the Ruger site gives me. My NJ house legislator representing my town has proposed draconian gun control similar to NY State, but I'll send him a copy anyway. Yellow ledger paper for the win.

Old Fuff
January 18, 2013, 11:01 AM
My NJ house legislator representing my town has proposed draconian gun control similar to NY State, but I'll send him a copy anyway.

Given your location, that's to be expected. But if he/she is in a swing district and not a safe one, a flood of mail may effect a change in thinking. :evil:

Ram48
January 18, 2013, 09:09 PM
If you go to Ruger.com they have a link that will send a letter to every Politico that represents you from local to the POTUS all you do is fill out your contact information
Please do this and be sure to pass it on. Here is the link to the GunBlast video explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ahHROWY90&feature=em-uploademail

Doc7
January 18, 2013, 09:10 PM
I have done it twice! Great reminder. I also used the list it provides of the representatives to write letters tonight. I wrote one for all the ones Ruger's site suggested, as well as Boehner and Pelosi.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8394129132_eaf51ee38a_c.jpg

jon_in_wv
January 18, 2013, 10:38 PM
Good job Ruger!

hso
January 19, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info, but we have threads on the NRA, Ruger and congress.org letter websites already running.

I encourage everyone to use whichever you like, but I also encourage you to print out those notes to the politicians and hand sign them and mail them in to their offices in DC for even greater effect. If you follow Doc7's lead and hand write it, even better (although if you have a good scanner and printer you might avoid the hand cramps ;)).

hso
January 19, 2013, 09:58 AM
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/letterscongress.htm

congress.org's fed letter webpage - http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

congress.org's state letter webpage- http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=61115481&type=ML

Ruger's fed official letter webpage - http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

NRA/ILA's fed official letter webpage - http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Duffy
January 22, 2013, 10:38 AM
I highly recommend popvox.com. It is quick and easy and has links to helpful resources. We must let our so-called representatives know how we weigh-in on proposed legislation and have the moral courage to represent the people rather than their party affiliation.

goon
January 24, 2013, 11:24 AM
In response to the post about giving your name and point of view to the current administration, we must not be intimidated into not using the First Amendment. We have the right, the responsibility, to remind our elected officials that they work for us.

I am an American and I will not be silenced like some disruptive child.

statelineblues
January 24, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sent emails to my Congress-critters today-will follow up with snail mail in a week or so...

HeathH
January 24, 2013, 06:35 PM
My last response from Sharrod Brown

Dear Mr. Hamilton:

Thank you for expressing your concerns over gun control and access to mental health care.

When our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, we as a country must take action. The shocking numbers of public shootings throughout the country last year, culminating in Newtown, Connecticut, demand that we engage in a serious national discussion.

Many people have expressed concerns about holes in our mental health care system that contributes to violence. Though people with mental illness are not at an increased risk of behaving violently in general, there is a subset of individuals with mental illness who are at risk of violent behavior of the kinds we have seen in public gathering places.

Over the last few years, Congress has passed laws to improve the mental health system so individuals in need of psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and support do not fall through the cracks. Several components of these laws have yet to be fully implemented.

In a bipartisan effort to ensure that mental and behavioral health services are covered by insurance in a manner equivalent to medical and surgical services. Congress passed the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act in 2008 This law prohibits insurance companies from arbitrarily limiting the number of hospital days or outpatient treatment sessions a patient is granted, as well as prohibiting higher copayments or deductibles for subscribers who seek psychological services. Such practices by insurance companies were both wrong and counterproductive. This legislation will help the 54 million Americans with mental illness gain access to appropriate and affordable treatment. My Senate colleagues and I have been working with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to ensure this law is fully implemented. Additionally, I and several of my colleagues sent a letter to President Obama asking him and HHS to fully implement the law.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is also working to improve access to mental and behavioral health services. Individuals in Ohio who have been denied insurance coverage due to a pre-existing mental health condition can now access the new Ohio High-Risk Insurance pool. For more information on the high risk pool or to sign-up for coverage, please visit http://www.insurance.ohio.gov/Documents/07-22-10HighRiskPoolFAQs.pdf

The ACA immediately eliminated pre-existing coverage exclusions for children. Kids will no longer be denied coverage ó or have services excluded from coverage ó as a result of pre-existing conditions. Additionally, parents of young adults can now maintain coverage for their children until age 26. Serious mental illness is often first noticed in the late teens or early twenties, when the brain is changing rapidly and when pressures to perform are great. It is crucial that young adults with existing or emerging mental illnesses not experience lapses in coverage at this time of high risk.

Beginning in 2014, insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to individuals with mental illness and insurers cannot use mental illness as a reason to raise premiums. HHS also established an essential benefits package ó a set of health care service categories that must be covered by most plans ó that will take effect in 2014. Mental health and substance abuse disorder services will be part of this package.

The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and the ACA represent tremendous strides forward for mental health coverage and access. However, we must also re-examine our mental health safety net, which has faced unrelenting budget cuts, reducing access for some our most vulnerable citizens.

Finally, we must work to reduce the stigma attached to mental health treatment, and find ways to support families who are concerned about the mental health status of their loved ones. It is essential that families know about the mental health resources available to them, and that they understand they have allies and other resources to which they can turn. Education about signs of mental illness, how to obtain a mental health screening, and how to access treatment services are simple but key ingredients to a successful national plan for managing mental health crises. Should any legislation concerning gun control and access to mental and behavioral health care come before the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you also for sharing your thoughts on background checks for firearms owners.

I continue to receive numerous constituent letters voicing opinions on this issue. Gun shows have become a way for criminals and gun traffickers to purchase weapons without a background check and without a record of purchase. Gun sellers at these shows are not always registered the same way as owners of gun shops. This enables people to sell guns to criminals or the mentally unstable without any record being created for law enforcement. The International Association of Chiefs of Police supports improving and expanding the background check process to ensure that registration and background check is conducted for every gun sale.

Gun control is a complex issue and we must work together to uphold our Constitution while at the same time ensuring that our communities are safe. We can and must act to ensure tragedies like this never happen again.

Should any legislation come before the Senate for a vote, I will keep your views in mind. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator

Old Fuff
January 24, 2013, 07:47 PM
International Association of Chiefs of Police supports improving and expanding the background check process to ensure that registration and background check is conducted for every gun sale.

I think the cat just slipped out of the bag. :eek: :mad:

John3921
January 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
Feinsteins bill is up on popvox now.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x102

Taurus 617 CCW
January 28, 2013, 11:37 AM
I just found a link on Ruger's website that will email everyone from your local representatives, all the way up to the President in one click. I also found out that Ruger is going to be monitoring who responds, who doesn't and make the results public.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/#

I discovered that Ruger contacted most of the other major firearm manufacturers and urged them to do the same but got no response. I just emailed Smith and Wesson about this. I encourage you to do the same. If we put enough pressure on them, the are more likely to do the same.

Here's what I wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I am not only a firearm owner, and gun enthusiast; I am a gunsmith and work at one of the finest indoor range facilities in the northwest. We have a large selection of Smith and Wesson firearms on display in our retail area and for rent in our gun range. I recently became aware that Ruger has put a "Protect your rights" page on their website that will send an email to every local politician, all the way up to the President in one click. I was also made aware that Ruger contacted you about doing the same (without wanting credit for doing so) and no action has been taken. I understand that we are in a politically sensitive time but we also need to stand up for our rights. I urge you to consider putting the same link on your website as well. This is a valuable tool for gun owners to utilize and should be made available. Many people still remember the assault weapons ban of 1994 and how most firearm manufacturers did noting to stop it. We are in that same position once again and this is an opportunity for you, the largest handgun manufacturer in the USA, to tell your customers that you stand by them. Smith and Wesson makes some of the finest firearms I own and I want others to share the same enjoyment in the future, unrestricted. You as a company have built a legacy and I would like to see future generations be able to be a continuing part of it. Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/#

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX

mesinge2
February 8, 2013, 03:15 PM
You can send letters to all your representatives in a few clicks and choose who gets the letters.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_787655_-1_757992_757992_image

mdauben
February 8, 2013, 03:52 PM
Done!

longknife12
February 8, 2013, 03:54 PM
Done.
Dan

MacTech
February 8, 2013, 04:25 PM
Done

Walt622
February 8, 2013, 04:32 PM
Done.

leprechaun50
February 8, 2013, 05:49 PM
The site comes up for me but it does't work. Guess the site must be real busy. It works now.

ArcherandShooter
February 8, 2013, 08:36 PM
Done.

mesinge2
February 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
The site comes up for me but it does't work. Guess the site must be real busy. It works now.
For some reason S&W's site usually runs a little slower than most, at least for me.

larry starling
February 9, 2013, 04:33 PM
done again!

paramedic70002
February 9, 2013, 06:24 PM
I like this one better than Ruger's which called for the enforcement of existing laws. I want existing laws removed.

bowman1962
February 9, 2013, 06:41 PM
Done..... And facebooked it also!

ETXhiker
February 9, 2013, 07:02 PM
Done, thanks!

VINTAGE-SLOTCARS
February 9, 2013, 08:17 PM
Done, Thanks

Steve H
February 9, 2013, 08:21 PM
Done

plodder
February 9, 2013, 08:38 PM
done

Akita1
February 9, 2013, 08:41 PM
Done

dab102999
February 9, 2013, 08:47 PM
I like how you could change the closing. I have been signing all of my letters lately as.

Future single issue voter.

Sgt_R
February 9, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks, I will put this one in the rotation.

R

Texshooter
February 9, 2013, 09:47 PM
Beautiful

Pressure then

More PRESSURE then

MORE PRESSURE

mokin
February 9, 2013, 10:51 PM
Done. That makes for the third time this week I've contacted some of those individuals.

Matthew Temkin
February 9, 2013, 11:13 PM
Ditto!!
Thanks for the heads up.

Atbat82
February 9, 2013, 11:21 PM
Done. Thanks for links.

All, please also write your reps outside of these form letters. The more we pressure now, the better off we'll be later.

Sent from my iPhone

climbnjump
February 9, 2013, 11:48 PM
Done.

BemidjiDweller
February 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
I like how they included the Mayor of the city S&W is located in. He is getting emails from people all across the country now.

HankB
February 10, 2013, 12:24 AM
I'm waiting to see S&W follow the announced policies of Barrett and now LaRue and refuse to do any business with states like New York which want to outlaw many of their products for the general public; that will show they're serious and not just posturing.

I expect I'll be waiting for a long time . . .

r1derbike
February 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Another Yea from AR.

Ole Humpback
February 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
Heres the content of the letter:

Dear (Recipient),

As a law-abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner, I am deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and I support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, I do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict my rights under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on me and other law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, I support a comprehensive approach to preventing violence in our communities through a thorough evaluation of the challenges we face. That review must include the enforcement of existing laws, the need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill.

As a law-abiding citizen and a constituent, I ask that you represent me in these matters.

Sincerely,
(Your Contact Information)

Solo
February 10, 2013, 03:25 PM
Done.

mike.h
February 10, 2013, 03:56 PM
Done, thanks for the heads up

NosaMSirhC
February 10, 2013, 03:58 PM
To the OP, "Thank You" for sharing!

I blast my elected officials every opportunity I can and this was just another one.

Be Safe!

NosaM

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

velojym
February 10, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'll +1 having S&W and Ruger follow Barrett's example.

B O
February 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
Done!

LordDunsany
February 10, 2013, 06:01 PM
Done!

I also used the Ruger mailing tool and have received a number of replies from my representatives. This is an excellent method for demonstrating grass roots opposition to new and onerous regulations that do not readily solve the problems they are intended to affect.

Ron in Texas

mesinge2
February 11, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'll +1 having S&W and Ruger follow Barrett's example.
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/mesinge2/Emoticons/agree.gif

Tablescraps
February 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
Done,

Can someone post the link to the Ruger page for this.

climbnjump
February 11, 2013, 10:58 AM
Can someone post the link to the Ruger page for this.

hso
February 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
I like this one better than Ruger's which called for the enforcement of existing laws. I want existing laws removed.

Might want to read the entire letter instead of just the first paragraph.

Dear (Recipient),

As a law-abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner, I am deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and I support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, I do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict my rights under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on me and other law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, I support a comprehensive approach to preventing violence in our communities through a thorough evaluation of the challenges we face. That review must include the enforcement of existing laws, the need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill.

As a law-abiding citizen and a constituent, I ask that you represent me in these matters.

hso
February 11, 2013, 11:04 AM
It is good to see S&W providing a broad letter like this, BUT we must each send letters on each and every proposed piece of legislation putting additional restrictions in place.

Do this and the Ruger site, but you need to monitor the POPVOX thread for all the legislation affecting us and you need to monitor your own state legislation since many states are trying to follow New York's lead in making draconian restrictions on firearms owners.

G2065G
February 14, 2013, 11:27 AM
People need to get on these sites and send their reps letters. Hit up every site at least you will be heard more than once.

Buzzard II
February 23, 2013, 02:01 PM
CHECK THIS OUT-REMINGTON NAILED IT! THANKS!
http://takeastandnow.com/contact-your-legislator/

buckhorn_cortez
February 23, 2013, 02:09 PM
No, the way Remington could "nail it" would be to refuse to sell ammunition or guns to any state government or city government that passes laws against citizens owning specific types of ammuntion or guns.

Derek Zeanah
February 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
We are running ads for Ruger and S&W to do the same thing. Glad to see more of it, however

jbkebert
February 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hornady is running a similar ad.

58limited
February 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
I just did this, used the letter on Ruger's site last month. Got an immediate automated response from the Texas governor's office:

"Thank you for sharing your opinion with the Office of the Governor. It will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member."

I know the governor is pro 2nd amendment so I don't think this response is in anyway off-putting, but the wording reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark:

We have top men working on it.

Whom?

TOP...MEN

mooner
February 25, 2013, 06:54 PM
I will start by saying thank you Remington for supporting the cause.

However, it is VERY important to note that Ruger created this ap and distributed it to all manufacturers who wanted it at the SHOT show - even allowing them to take the Ruger name off and put on their own. All free of charge.

So, Ruger nailed it. Ruger came up with the idea, payed for the development, and let all of their competitors and other industry partners use it free of charge. All for the cause. Remington, Smith and Wesson, Hornady, all are using this ap (there may be others I don't know about).

HOOfan_1
February 25, 2013, 07:35 PM
That dude has his barrel resting on his shooting sticks....smh

Akita1
February 25, 2013, 07:46 PM
That dude has his barrel resting on his shooting sticks....smh
same here; at least it's not metal...

plodder
February 25, 2013, 07:55 PM
I've already personally contacted all of my reps & then some. I'll be one of the first to sign on Remington's or any other manufacturer's petition/ mass message lists when they take the pledge to only sell to government agencies what those governments do not prohibit their citizens from possessing

Buzzard II
February 27, 2013, 11:14 PM
We all have to work TOGETHER to send e-mails to anti gun politicians!

Buzzard II
February 27, 2013, 11:15 PM
to the top

Buzzard II
February 27, 2013, 11:18 PM
bump to top

Buzzard II
February 27, 2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights

If you enjoyed reading about "Grand Firearms Industry Contact Your Politicians Thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!