where to buy lead bullets?

PDA

poor man
February 28, 2013, 04:46 PM
who has lead bullets online? any favorites? shipping costs? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "where to buy lead bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ljnowell
February 28, 2013, 04:49 PM
http://www.missouribullet.com

Brad is a member here, and a heck of a good guy. Even in these dire times they are shipping 10x faster than anyone else. When we werent in an Obamanation rush two day turnarounds were the norm for a MoBullet order!

Give them a shot, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

340PD
February 28, 2013, 06:23 PM
+ on on this ^ guy. I do not shoot lead anymore, but when I did he was great, even to the hardness he was offering.

tom357mag
February 28, 2013, 06:30 PM
++++++++100 Missouri Bullets are great from there bullets to there customer service. Also use the search to recieve an additional discount. I believe its THR-ORIGINAL but use the search.

m2oore
February 28, 2013, 06:37 PM
Missouri Bullet is a great company but right now is experiencing a big backlog of orders. If you need some lead bullets now I would recommend these guys.

http://www.falconbullets.com

Great service and they ship fast. Ordered Monday in 125Gr 9mm and got them today.

If you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks then I would then go for Missouri. =)

MARKMALL
Check out Quality cast. They have great bullets at a good price.http://www.qualitycastbullets.com/

J_McLeod
Misouri bullets. Wouldnt buy cast anywhere else.

zdc1775
February 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
ZCast had good results with them. Not as pretty as Missouri bullets but plenty accurate in my 1911.

Also used Magnus bullets that are made here local. You should be able to find them in Tn.

ljnowell
February 28, 2013, 06:55 PM
If you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks then I would then go for Missouri. =)

Not all orders are taking that long. I ordered on a monday and got my bullets a few days later, two weeks ago.

Missouri Bullet is worth it.

cowtownup
February 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
I buy from this company..

http://www.bslbullet.com/

calaverasslim
February 28, 2013, 07:45 PM
My supplier in FL. ships either same day or next and he says he has plenty on hand.

forestpunch@yahoo.com

joecil
February 28, 2013, 07:50 PM
I buy from several sources really. For 9mm and 45 Cast it is Quality Cast or Friendswood Bullets (both sell the same bullets by QC) and for jacketed the last batch I bought from Precision Delta. Now my 45 Colt cowboy bullets and 45-70 target stuff I get from Badman Bullets. Hunting rounds for my 45 Colt are Ranch Dog 290 gr bullets as Carolina Bullets cast or Missouri Bullets 300 gr Lee bullet. Hunting rounds for my 45-70 are Missouri for the 405 gr GC HC and 500 gr GS HC but have also bought from Oregon Trail.

Clippers
February 28, 2013, 07:53 PM
Another Missouri Bullet Company customer here.

hAkron
February 28, 2013, 08:21 PM
Based on this thread I just ordered 1000 158gr 38 SWC, and 500 124gr 9mm from Missouri Bullet. I also used the Thr-Origional promo code to get 5% off. 3 boxes were the same shipping cost as 1 box...no sure how many boxes fill a flat rate shipping box.

ljnowell
February 28, 2013, 08:31 PM
hAKron, they ship four boxes of bullets up to 200gr per flat rate box. You will like ther bullets, I have loaded both of those so if you are wanting any load data or anything of the sort, feel free to PM me, always happy to help!!

beeenbag
February 28, 2013, 08:33 PM
www.zcastbulletz.com

Great guy to deal with and cheaper than the rest. His bullets will compare to any cast lead bullets out there.

9w1911
February 28, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mid Atlantic bullets

Constrictor
February 28, 2013, 08:48 PM
I love me some Missouri bullets!!!!!!!

sellersm
February 28, 2013, 09:43 PM
Missouri is the one to choose, you've chosen well! If they're out of something, ZCast Bulletz is a good place, as is Falcon Bullets.

Big Nugget
February 28, 2013, 09:48 PM
I like MB, but I go here now. http://shop.snscasting.com/Bullets_c3.htm;jsessionid=364500075DA9372B26B652D6760A1858.qscstrfrnt02

ole farmerbuck
February 28, 2013, 09:52 PM
I buy from this company..

http://www.bslbullet.com/
Wow! Those things are expensive.

flgolfer29
February 28, 2013, 10:47 PM
Mastercastbullets.com

oldfortyfiveauto
February 28, 2013, 10:54 PM
SNS is local to me and they are good folks.

ljnowell
February 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
SNS is local to me and they are good folks.

I have shot several boxes of SNS bullets. Being from Illinois they are in some of the local gunshops. They seem to use standard alloy and lube that most other casters use. No complaints with them really, except that i did get a box of 148gr SWCs that leaded me up something fierce with the same load I was using with a few other casters bullets. After that I switched to Missouri exclusively.

I'm not badmouthing them by any means, just saying about a single experience. Again, I shot several boxes of thier bullets without any issues.

Big Nugget
March 1, 2013, 11:47 AM
Funny, I can say the same if you turn it around about MB. But to be 100% fair it's more about how they are loaded than the producers of the bullet.;) My guns will favor a different charge for the same type of bullet from 2 different casters.

ljnowell
March 1, 2013, 12:59 PM
Funny, I can say the same if you turn it around about MB. But to be 100% fair it's more about how they are loaded than the producers of the bullet. My guns will favor a different charge for the same type of bullet from 2 different casters.

Thats what I mean, I cant say that its SNS fault, they make a good product. In fact, there are many vendors out there with a good product. There is only one that I stay away from and thats a customer service issue, not quality issue.

MikeS.
March 1, 2013, 01:37 PM
MB for me.

Buck13
March 1, 2013, 02:54 PM
I just got some from these guys for plinking. Haven't fired any yet, but they looked good and were all uniformly lubed. They are not hard-cast. The owner said "under 1500 fps and 25,000 PSI."
http://www.badmanbullets.com/OnlineStore/
I like the fact that you can order small sample packs.

Haven't seen these, but they are very inexpensive:
http://mimamarauders.com/2ndChance.htm

zxcvbob
March 1, 2013, 03:06 PM
I really like Mastercastbullets.com but sometimes Mike is awfully hard to get in touch with. His bullets are extraordinary, and the lowest price I've found anywhere.

rondog
March 1, 2013, 03:18 PM
www.zcastbulletz.com

Great guy to deal with and cheaper than the rest. His bullets will compare to any cast lead bullets out there.

Another vote for this guy! I've bought a LOT of bullets from him.

FROGO207
March 1, 2013, 05:58 PM
I have purchased about 1/2 ton of cast bullets over the past few years from MB and Z Cast almost exclusively. No need to go anywhere else IMHO.:D

hey_poolboy
March 1, 2013, 06:10 PM
I shoot a lot of s&s. Never tried MB, but I've also never had a problem with the thousands of sns I've shot.
http://www.snscasting.com

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

BYJO4
March 1, 2013, 06:54 PM
Another vote for Missouri Bullet.

Stormin.40
March 1, 2013, 09:39 PM
I have used and like ZCast for the price and Penn Bullets for the selection with competitive prices.

hAkron
April 5, 2013, 08:11 PM
The bullets I ordered on 2/28 showed up today. I'm pretty excited.

ljnowell
April 5, 2013, 08:22 PM
The bullets I ordered on 2/28 showed up today. I'm pretty excited.

Thats probably the longest time I have ever heard of for waiting on Missouri Bullet. However, in this crunch, that still aint too bad. :) Normally you think about ordering them and before you can complete the transaction you get a shipping confirmation, lol. In normal circumstances here in IL I get them next day or day after from Missouri Bullet, depending on the time of day I order. I cant wait to get back to normal.

Gadawg88
April 5, 2013, 08:42 PM
My order from Feb. 27 got here today also.

Crashbox
April 5, 2013, 09:04 PM
I posted a few weeks ago on MBC's incredible service and quality product:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=705025

And I certainly do plan on purchasing again from them- they are top-notch IMO.

TheCracker
April 5, 2013, 09:18 PM
Can't go wrong with Missouri bullets. They are snowed under and it took me 4 weeks to get my 9mm bullets I ordered in February. At least they they take back orders and aren't screwing their customers by jacking up prices

blarby
April 5, 2013, 09:48 PM
Always nice to poke around and see who has what, and for what price.

FWIW : Some manufacturers make bullets by hand- the olde fashioned way, without magmacasters.... these bullets WILL be more expensive, but will be of significantly higher quality, with much lower weight deviation. ( for those of you it matters to)

For bulk burners, you can't beat brad @ mo bullet. Before I turned my furnace on, he was my go-to.

I did a really good writeup on the breakdown of my first Mo Bullet order... which was a custom order ta boot......... Not linkin to it, because it caused a lotta heat ! For what he offers, on the timescale he delivers, I was really impressed.

Now what I dont get is guys charging $15/100 for bevel base, machine cast bullets. Those dudes........... I just dunno.

MikeS.
April 6, 2013, 12:47 AM
I received my latest order from MB and once again the gorillas from USPS tore up the shipping box. So much so 1 of the MB boxes inside was damaged and had spilled.

If I lost any of the bullets it was just a few. I contacted MB and Brad offered to replace them. I told him no thanks. Just wanted to let them know USPS had tortured another of their boxes.

ljnowell
April 6, 2013, 01:20 AM
If I lost any of the bullets it was just a few. I contacted MB and Brad offered to replace them. I told him no thanks. Just wanted to let them know USPS had tortured another of their boxes.

That happened on one of my last two shipments a month ago. Brad will always replace an entire box when that happens, but I told him the same thing. I may have lost 100 or so bullets, not enough for me to want him to ship me a whole box and pay shipping costs and whatnot. I value thier service as much as they value my business, it wasnt thier fault, and it wasnt a big loss. No big deal.

gab909
April 6, 2013, 01:24 AM
As soon as MBC gets the 150 gr RNSW for my 40 S&W, I will buy all my bullets there. For right now I just get down to a 1000 and send an order in. with MBC I can finish loading up my 45 and 41 mag, order and the new bullets will be here before I can shoot them up.

Huge fan of MBC here

hAkron
April 6, 2013, 05:45 AM
When I ordered I was notified of a 4 week delay, so no problem. I ordered some 38 special wad cutters. I buy these locally too, so I've always got a decent stash. I also ordered some of the 124gr 'small ball' 9mm, which I'm pretty excited about. I normally load plated or jacketed 9mm, so this should be a fun departure. I'm thinking of working up as accurate a load as I can with these small ball bullets and promo powder for the cheapest 9mm target loads on earth.

ole farmerbuck
April 6, 2013, 07:53 AM
I've ordered a lot of bullets from MBC and they are the only ones that AREN'T smashed when they get here. Never even a dent in a box. Now, when I get orders from another place (jacketed) the boxes look like they've been run over a couple of times.

Catpop
April 6, 2013, 07:33 PM
Didn't see anyone mention Oregon Trail Bullets. I ordered 2000 recently on the advice of a fellow reloader. 500-9mm, 500-357, 1000-45acp. Thoroughly satisfied, shipped usps flatrate within one week of order placement. Loaded 9mm so far, they are shooting well.
Any reason no one else mentioning them?

ljnowell
April 6, 2013, 07:57 PM
Didn't see anyone mention Oregon Trail Bullets. I ordered 2000 recently on the advice of a fellow reloader. 500-9mm, 500-357, 1000-45acp. Thoroughly satisfied, shipped usps flatrate within one week of order placement. Loaded 9mm so far, they are shooting well.
Any reason no one else mentioning them? I dont think they make a bad product, not at all, but they dont fit the bill of what I need. For example, 200gr 45 bullets from Missouri Bullet run about 42 bucks for 500. The same quantity is 69.75 from OT. Also, I think that they cast bullets too hard. The alloy used is entirely too hard for soft 38 loads, for example.

Now, its all a matter of preference, some will love thier product, some wont. I dont see the advantage to paying the extra money to buy it.

FROGO207
April 6, 2013, 08:44 PM
I use the OT Lasercast for soft shooting loads in my 30-30's as they are so hard I do not need a gas check for them to be accurate. MB has the best handgun bullets on the planet IMHO and the price is easy on the wallet as well.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "where to buy lead bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!