Difference between Stevens 66 bolt and 66B bolt?

PDA

rocktot
March 1, 2013, 01:26 PM
I am looking for a complete bolt for a Stevens 66B, and found one for a 66, but I've read they are probably different. Anyone know for sure?

Anyone have a complete Stevens 66B bolt for sale?:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Difference between Stevens 66 bolt and 66B bolt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ApacheCoTodd
March 1, 2013, 11:07 PM
They are in fact distinctly different. I had been through this in the past and while I remember them being very different, what I don't remember is whether or not they are compatible as an interchange.

The 66 bolt can be broken down into body, handle, etc... where the 66B is a bolt body unit. If you look at the Numrich schematic drawings you get an idea.

jonnyc
March 2, 2013, 07:06 PM
I have a 66B and I am VERY happy it seems to work just fine. Finding parts or even any info on them is near to impossible.

If you enjoyed reading about "Difference between Stevens 66 bolt and 66B bolt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!