Colorado Gun Control Senate Hearings - Monday 03/04/13

PDA

coloradokevin
March 1, 2013, 02:38 PM
As the misguided gun bills that were introduced here in Colorado earlier this month continue to advance, they've now reached the Colorado Senate, for hearings that start this coming MONDAY, MARCH 4TH, 2013.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record on this issue, but please take a couple of minutes to write to these elected representatives and let them know that you oppose these laws! We're entering some dark days here in Colorado, but we need to fight these measures as hard as we can.

This news article contains links to each of the SEVEN bills being debated this week. FOUR of those bills have already cleared the Colorado House of Representatives (which means that they'll become law if the Senate passes them and the governor signs them).

http://www.9news.com/news/article/320410/339/Monday-is-gun-day-in-CO-Senate-hearings

Here's a list of nine Democratic Senators that are up for reelection. Their votes are critical to us in this process (thanks to Zak Smith for originally providing this list in another thread):

Irene.aguilar.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4852
angela.giron.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4878
lucia.guzman.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4862
cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4856
john.morse.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-6364
Gail.Schwartz.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4871
Jeanne.nicholson.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4873
lois.tochtrop.senate@state.co.us- 303-866-4863
Andy.kerr.senate@state.co.u- 303-866-4859

Here's a comprehensive list of the Senators in Colorado:

irene.aguilar.senate@state.co.us
david.balmer.senate@state.co.us
randy.baumgardner.senate@state.co.us
greg@gregbrophy.net
bill.cadman.senate@state.co.us
morgan.carroll.senate@state.co.us
larry.crowder.senate@state.co.us
angela.giron.senate@state.co.us
kevin.grantham.senate@state.co.us
lucia.guzman.senate@state.co.us
ted.harvey.senate@state.co.us
rollie.heath.senate@state.co.us
owen.hill.senate@state.co.us
mary.hodge.senate@state.co.us
senatorhudak@gmail.com
cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us;
mike.johnston.senate@state.co.us
senatormattjones@gmail.com
john.kefalas.senate@state.co.us
andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us
steve.king.senate@state.co.us
senatorlambert@comcast.net
kevin@kevinlundberg.com
vicki.marble.senate@state.co.us
john.morse.senate@state.co.us
linda.newell.senate@gmail.com
jeanne.nicholson.senate@state.co.us
senatorrenfroe@gmail.com
ellen.roberts.senate@state.co.us
mark.scheffel.senate@state.co.us
gail.schwartz.senate@gmail.com
pat.steadman.senate@state.co.us
lotochtrop@aol.com
nancy.todd.senate@state.co.us
jessie.ulibarri.senate@state.co.us

After these bills clear the Senate, they only need a signature from this man to become law:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/GovHickenlooper/CBON/1249674240317

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Gun Control Senate Hearings - Monday 03/04/13" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
March 1, 2013, 02:56 PM
Good work! Thanks for putting this together again.

The last link didn't go right for me. Here's where everyone can contact Hick: http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/requests/opinion-leg.html

I would encourage everyone, regardless of living in Colorado or not, to contact the legislature here and the governor because they will listed to tourist dollars blowing away from Colorado's economy.

coloradokevin
March 1, 2013, 03:06 PM
I corrected the last link, it should work now. Thanks!

s9601694
March 1, 2013, 07:29 PM
Sent all of them an email and messaged/posted their FB

BlkLtng02
March 2, 2013, 12:05 AM
Sent them all an email and I let Jeanne Nicholson know personally how I felt at a town hall meeting.

Zak Smith
March 2, 2013, 01:57 AM
It looks like we have 2 Dem Senators who will vote against 1224. We
only need 3 to defeat any bill.

We spoke to another 6 or 7 and I think there is a pretty good chance
we can get at least 1 or 2 to vote with us on 1224.

We need to keep up the email campaign through the weekend. If you can
call or FAX that's even better. Sending to all Senators is good, but
here is the list of Democrat Senators who we might be able to convince
to vote against 1224.

linda.newell.senate@gmail.com
nancy.todd.senate@state.co.us
senatorhudak@gmail.com
Irene.aguilar.senate@state.co.us
angela.giron.senate@state.co.us
lucia.guzman.senate@state.co.us
cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us
john.morse.senate@state.co.us
Gail.Schwartz.senate@state.co.us
Jeanne.nicholson.senate@state.co.us
lois.tochtrop.senate@state.co.us
Andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us
senatormattjones@gmail.com

Please keep your emails POLITE and non-threatening. We need to help
them to come over to our side, not given them a reason/excuse to vote
against us.

I would strongly recommend focusing on HB 1224.

The Campus Concealed Carry bill has odds about the same as 1224.

We will almost certainly lose UBC's. I am not giving up but the odds
are much worse on that one.

There is a lot of criticism at the Capitol about the Senate Bill on
"Assault Weapon Liability." I don't know where the votes will stand on
it.

rondog
March 2, 2013, 03:00 AM
There's talk of an organized mission to drive around and around the capitol building, blowing our horns to make as much noise as possible to make ourselves heard.

Zak Smith
March 2, 2013, 03:02 AM
I honestly don't know that that will help, but I am not going to tell anyone else what to do or not do.

Monday is only the committee meetings, not the full vote. The (D) votes are there in the committee to pass them out anyway. If we can defeat these it will be in the full Senate vote, which is not yet scheduled.

coloradokevin
March 2, 2013, 04:50 AM
Please keep your emails POLITE and non-threatening. We need to help
them to come over to our side, not given them a reason/excuse to vote
against us.

I would strongly recommend focusing on HB 1224.

The Campus Concealed Carry bill has odds about the same as 1224.

We will almost certainly lose UBC's. I am not giving up but the odds
are much worse on that one.

There is a lot of criticism at the Capitol about the Senate Bill on
"Assault Weapon Liability." I don't know where the votes will stand on
it.

I agree. Like it or not, there's probably a 99% chance that the Universal Background Checks issue is going to pass. We can still win on HB1224 (magazine capacity) and the Campus Carry bill, but we're probably going to need a strong focus on those issues.

There are plenty of problems with that liability bill. It would probably be the worst one of the bunch to pass, but I don't imagine it has much of a chance of getting through in its current form. Obviously something to keep an eye on, but not at the top of my list of concerns at the moment.

BTW, Zak, I sent you a PM to ask you about an issue related to this Senate debate... couldn't really post it in an open forum, as you'll probably understand once you read it.

There's talk of an organized mission to drive around and around the capitol building, blowing our horns to make as much noise as possible to make ourselves heard.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, my personal opinion is that a horn-blasting protest will only make us look antagonistic, which is not something we will be likely to benefit from in this debate. Kind of like the tactics that were used by the Occupy protesters, right around the time everyone started hating them. Regardless, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. However, I'd caution you to review Denver Revised Municipal Statute 54-71 (particularly the last sentence in subsection "a") before proceeding with this plan. Here's the text of that statute:

Sec. 54-71. - Horns or other warning devices.

(a)
Every motor vehicle when operated upon the streets and highways of the city shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal atmospheric conditions for a distance of not less than two hundred (200) feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound. The driver of a vehicle, when reasonably necessary to ensure safe operation, shall give an audible warning with his horn, but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a street or highway.
(b)
It shall be unlawful for any person to own, have charge of, drive, install, cause the installation to be made, or use upon any motor vehicle any siren, exhaust whistle, or any red spotlight; provided, the provisions of this subsection shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles as provided for in this chapter.
(c)
A low-power scooter shall be equipped with a bell or other device capable of giving a signal audible for a distance of at least one hundred (100) feet; except that a low-power scooter shall not be equipped with nor shall any person use upon a low-power scooter a siren or whistle.

longknife12
March 2, 2013, 09:28 AM
Emails done....again.
Dan

Ryanxia
March 2, 2013, 09:46 AM
Good luck guys, keep up the good fight.

MoMatt
March 2, 2013, 11:51 AM
Corrected e-mail for Senator Tochtrop:

senloistochtrop@aol.com

* It's correct in the first post, but not in post #6.

coloradokevin
March 3, 2013, 08:50 PM
Just FYI, apparently the Giffords family will be testifying here in Colorado on Monday, against the rights of lawful gun owners:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/320927/339/Giffords-husband-to-testify-in-Colorado

Personally, I don't think he deserves to get ANY official time in front of our legislature. He is not a Colorado voter, a Colorado resident, or a Colorado tax payer. Our rights are none of his concern.

MErl
March 3, 2013, 09:41 PM
more proof this is a national fight with a beachhead in the mountains

CoRoMo
March 4, 2013, 11:53 AM
more proof this is a national fight with a beachhead in the mountains
So true!

Over the past few day I've contacted a number of folks outside the state to urge them to get involved here and hold ransom Colorado's tourism revenue and college tuition if these laws pass.

mrvco
March 4, 2013, 12:40 PM
Sent (again).

mrvco
March 4, 2013, 05:56 PM
Any new news today?

Zak Smith
March 4, 2013, 05:57 PM
Live updates
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1439405_.html&page=77&anc=bottom#bottom

CoRoMo
March 4, 2013, 06:13 PM
All contacted.

Multitudes reached out to in an attempt to get them involved as well.

coloradokevin
March 4, 2013, 09:00 PM
Magazine ban just passed committee 3-2. Not a surprise. But, the full senate vote is probably our last hope, since our governor is still pledging to sign this bill... nevertheless, keep contacting him as well!

By the way, as they closed out testimony on this bill, one of the anti-gun politicians commented about the 'emotional and disrespectful displays by gun owners who were driving around honking today' (or something to that effect). So, that protest was noticed, but probably not in the best ways... as I sort of expected.

Lots of great testimony was given AGAINST these bills, and mostly emotional pleas were made FOR these bills. Again, not unexpected.

coloradokevin
March 4, 2013, 09:10 PM
Also, here's the most recent interview with the governor... though he originally stated that gun control laws wouldn't help, he seems to be toeing the party line a lot more in the last few weeks. I think we can assume that he'll sign any law he gets at this point.

We're in a bad place at the moment!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/321188/188/Hickenlooper-doesnt-think-gun-control-will-cost-him-re-election

C.F. Plinker
March 4, 2013, 09:58 PM
Will there be any amendments before it goes before the full Senate for the first time?

BlkLtng02
March 4, 2013, 10:12 PM
9 out of 10 people he talked to support the new laws?? The town hall I went to with Senator Jeanne Nicholson it was 90 pro gun to 4 anti gun. Give me a break!!

Kim
March 4, 2013, 10:27 PM
I am not from Colorado but, I knew this guy who got elected Governor had been pro-gun control for a long time. Unfortunately, the people voted him and the rest of the anti-gunners into office. Just like Obama. These people do not change or evolve over time. They mean what they say. Makes me ill.

llwsgn
March 5, 2013, 12:36 AM
Sent them all emails. Thx for the links. Will call tomorrow.

Justin
March 5, 2013, 02:13 AM
Sat through the Senate Judiciary hearings today.

The fix was in from the word "go."

Justin
March 5, 2013, 02:25 AM
It's not over yet. The bills still have to pass in the full senate, and then get signed into law or vetoed by Hickenlooper.

I suspect that regardless of whether or not one, all, or none of the bills become law, there will be a reckoning come November 2014.

radiotom
March 5, 2013, 08:05 AM
By then it is too late, your rights will be diminished.

How many of you guys out in CO voted for the people who are now turning on you?

hovercat
March 5, 2013, 08:12 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that the White House called Dems and threatened to withdraw DNC campaign funds AND to field a well funded primary challenger if they did not vote the WH way. True or rumor?

IlikeSA
March 5, 2013, 08:20 AM
There were rumors about that: particularly with Bloomberg putting his nose in our affairs and threatening to either support an opposition candidate or put his money behind those who vote his way. I believe that money should be taken out of the the political equation, but know that it will never happen.

mrvco
March 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that the White House called Dems and threatened to withdraw DNC campaign funds AND to field a well funded primary challenger if they did not vote the WH way. True or rumor?
I'd be shocked if it wasn't true.

Justin
March 5, 2013, 10:00 AM

I certainly didn't.

Bloomberg has outright said he'd finance a primary challenger for any Democrat who votes against these bills, and given that he recently dumped $2 million into Illinois in order to force out a candidate for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s seat, I don't think he's bluffing.

Of course, Bloomberg may not be bluffing, but neither are all of the Colorado citizens who oppose these bills.

longknife12
March 5, 2013, 10:06 AM
:cuss: I darn sure didn't vote for ANY of them!

mooner
March 5, 2013, 10:24 AM

It seems that every time there is a topic dealing with the fight that a certain state finds itself in, somebody has the need to spout off something like "Well, you guys got what you voted for"

You are right that elections have consequences. However, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of the individuals commenting here in no way supported those who are trying to take away our rights. Making this comment because your state is in better shape does not help the conversation and comes off as petty to those of us who find ourselves in a situation we would rather not be in.

If you happen to live in a state that is more pro 2A, you would do well to heed the warning. Colorado (and Minnesota) was once much more pro 2A than it is now. What is happening there can happen where you are. We would do well to help and encourage other states to stay free, lest we see the whole country slip gradually away.

MachIVshooter
March 5, 2013, 10:54 AM
Colorado (and Minnesota) was once much more pro 2A than it is now.

We still are.

This state's voter population is split into thirds with democrats, republicans and independents. However, the libertarian attitude is very prevalent in all three categories.

Three things contributed to the democrat wins:

-The 2010 governor race was a three way, with a democrat, a RINO and a conservative libertarian. The republican vote was split.

-The marijuana issue brought the lefties out of the woodwork for 2012

-People did not feel that RKBA was under attack after Hick's (surprisingly reality based) comments in the wake of the Aurora theatre.

We've never been the solid red that Wyoming is. The state has voted blue in slightly more than 1/3 of elections since becoming a state, but there are clear patterns. Trust me, they're going to feel the backlash in 2014 & 2016. The democrat legislators in swing districts are finished no matter what happens, and Hick's only chance of being a two term governor is judicious use of the veto pen.

radiotom
March 5, 2013, 11:59 AM
It seems that every time there is a topic dealing with the fight that a certain state finds itself in, somebody has the need to spout off something like "Well, you guys got what you voted for"

You are right that elections have consequences. However, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of the individuals commenting here in no way supported those who are trying to take away our rights. Making this comment because your state is in better shape does not help the conversation and comes off as petty to those of us who find ourselves in a situation we would rather not be in.

If you happen to live in a state that is more pro 2A, you would do well to heed the warning. Colorado (and Minnesota) was once much more pro 2A than it is now. What is happening there can happen where you are. We would do well to help and encourage other states to stay free, lest we see the whole country slip gradually away.
Sounds like we've found one.

Posing a question is not an accusation...but with that said we have successfully rooted out Obama voters on this website who claim to be pro-gun, and I suspect there are plenty of CO Democrats that are "getting what they voted for" unfortunately a lot of other people that didn't vote for this are getting screwed too. Which one are you? I understand the big tent theory on RKBA, but you're not in the tent (in reality) if you voted for these people.

I live in Michigan by the way, and I expect that my state will fall on hard times again quite soon, which is why I'm going to be leaving as soon as the woman is done with college. Fleeing to a firewall state, if you will. Utah and Arizona look nice.

mrvco
March 5, 2013, 12:17 PM
At least as of right now, there doesn't appear to be much to get the libs out to vote in 2014.

I have no idea who it would be, but hopefully we can find a strong candidate for Governor in 2016.

phonesysphonesys
March 5, 2013, 12:27 PM
Justin, I sat there all day waiting to speak on HB1224. They let all of those for it speak. Then when it was our turn they only let the expert witness speak. They would not let us servents speak. Then they took a vote. Senator Aguilar could not hid here contept for us . Said we were a most direspectful crowd. I thought we were well be haved. She did not like the horns honking outside. I was real mad when I left.
Semper Fi

Black Butte
March 5, 2013, 12:37 PM
Bloomberg has outright said he'd finance a primary challenger for any Democrat who votes against these bills, and given that he recently dumped $2 million into Illinois in order to force out a candidate for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s seat, I don't think he's bluffing.

Next, he'll be going after your big sodas.

NelsErik
March 5, 2013, 12:57 PM
Actually, I think Colorado was won by the Democrats and the grabbers in a relatively short period of time. It didn't take 50 years. They are trying to do the same in Texas and everywhere else in the country.

The plan is called the Colorado Model. (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/316nfdzw.asp?page=1)

It is coming to Texas. (http://www.redstate.com/laborunionreport/2011/12/28/the-colorado-model-the-lefts-stratagem-for-turning-red-states-to-blue/)

March 5, 2013, 03:18 PM
All those Cali imports did the number. It took 50 years, but now Denver can proudly say, We're San Francisco! and Boulder can shout out, We're Berkeley!

A new name has been proposed for the State- Coloradofornia. :D

mrvco
March 5, 2013, 03:26 PM
I just hit up our supposedly wavering 4 democrat senators via all channels.

powell&hyde
March 5, 2013, 03:29 PM
All those Cali imports did the number. It took 50 years, but now Denver can proudly say, We're San Francisco!
Yup, I just hope it doesn't spread to other states.

Zak Smith
March 5, 2013, 04:16 PM
I sat there all day waiting to speak on HB1224. They let all of those for it speak. Then when it was our turn they only let the expert witness speak. They would not let us servents speak.
Each side got 90 minutes for testimony. We had our deck stacked with expert/sponsored speakers, which honestly got us more "bang for the buck" given the time available. I was also disappointed to not have time to get called (I was 5th on the list at 7:30 AM).

mooner
March 5, 2013, 04:17 PM
Radio Tom,

I did not take the question you posed as an accusation. Actually, your comment is one of the less accusatory I have seen. It was simply the most recent one I saw when I decided to make my point.

I thought it might be helpful to see how comments similar to the one you made are viewed by one person that lives in a state that (at the moment) is not as 2A safe as it used to be. In no way was it an attack on you or anyone else. Make of it what you will.

This fight is taking on a different look. They have seen how hard it is to win at the national level. The new approach is attack at the state level. Divide and conquer.

Justin
March 5, 2013, 07:15 PM
Justin, I sat there all day waiting to speak on HB1224. They let all of those for it speak. Then when it was our turn they only let the expert witness speak. They would not let us servents speak. Then they took a vote. Senator Aguilar could not hid here contept for us . Said we were a most direspectful crowd. I thought we were well be haved. She did not like the horns honking outside. I was real mad when I left.
Semper Fi

I was on the list to speak, and they even called my name at the beginning of the call for testimony for the pro-rights side. Ultimately, I didn't get a chance to speak, but didn't feel short-changed, as the expert witnesses represented us quite well.

Not that it did any good, as it was pretty clear that both Jessie Ulibarri and Irene Aguilar were far more interested in whatever was displayed on their laptop/iPad screens than in actually paying attention to the testimony being given.

Trisha
March 5, 2013, 08:10 PM
In the midst of this brain-twisting stress find a way to unwind and center yourself. We're too vulnerable to having our "hot buttons" pushed and be directed by emotion when the only mindest has to be complete calm so we can think, and if necessary act to our training.

These folks are backed into a corner and are going to continue to use every dirty trick imaginable. We can be sure they're taking names.

March 5, 2013, 08:12 PM
I was on the list to speak, and they even called my name at the beginning of the call for testimony for the pro-rights side. Ultimately, I didn't get a chance to speak, but didn't feel short-changed, as the expert witnesses represented us quite well.

Not that it did any good, as it was pretty clear that both Jessie Ulibarri and Irene Aguilar were far more interested in whatever was displayed on their laptop/iPad screens than in actually paying attention to the testimony being given.

Man, that sort of disrespectful 'above it all' behavior on the part of our elected servants just frosts me. :fire: They should be made to write a letter of apology to you for that kind of behavior.

Heres' hoping that their little display of disinterested hubris gets them unelected when they face the voters again.

Sorry you had to experience that.

coloradokevin
March 5, 2013, 08:16 PM
Justin, I'm not at all surprised to hear that they didn't care... throughout this process it seems like the lawmakers on the anti-gun side (who should be listening to the public's testimony just as much as their pro-gun peers) have been either rude, or simply ignored the testimony from those of us who support gun rights.

In other news, I snuck into the house quietly this afternoon, and found that all of my guns were sleeping securely in their safe, right where I left them... with all of these reports of "guns on our streets" and "guns out their killing people", I at least expected them to be playing poker in the living room, or something. I must just have some really well-behaved guns! I think it comes from their upbringing :)

Trisha
March 5, 2013, 09:07 PM
A good home, and the right food do wonders for the otherwise unruly ones. . .

coloradokevin
March 8, 2013, 06:47 AM
Update:

These bills will be given their "2nd reading" in the state senate on friday, march 8th, 2013.

If you haven't done so, please contact your colorado senators immediately.

longknife12
March 8, 2013, 09:46 AM
Kevin,S en Newell has a town hall meeting Saturday morning 9am at Blueberry Cafe on Littleton Blvd in Littleton. 4 of us from another net are attending. Last chance to voice our side! Any one care to join us?
Dan

hang fire
March 8, 2013, 09:55 AM
Just read where one of the most vocal state rep anti, is a convicted felon with numerous convictions. She would be barred from owning a gun.

Her mug shot pic was posted on Magpul's Facebook page..

http://colorado.mediatrackers.org/2013/03/06/breaking-anti-second-amendment-legislators-criminal-record-exposed/

MErl
March 8, 2013, 10:14 AM
convicted criminal yes, not felon though.

MachIVshooter
March 8, 2013, 03:29 PM
Sounds like HB1226 is done for. Small victory, we'll see what happens with the rest.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/bill-151976-senate-college.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_508197135888861_5622870_508221612553080

CoRoMo
March 8, 2013, 05:25 PM
Thank you Amanda Collins!

coloradokevin
March 8, 2013, 08:43 PM
MachIV,

I also heard the news on HB 1226 this morning, but now the Denver Post is reporting that a vote on that bill may or may not occur. Regardless, the Dems are definitely taking heat on this one, thanks to the testimony of victims like Amanda Collins.

C.F. Plinker
March 8, 2013, 08:45 PM
So far the first 4 have passed.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/7-gun-control-bills-up-for-second-reading-colorado-senate-will-likely-debate-late-into-the-night

Zak Smith
March 8, 2013, 08:47 PM
Just to be clear this is the voice vote only. Vote for record, where we can win or lose, is Monday

Arbo
March 8, 2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.rmgo.org/home/senate-debate

I have been watching the 'debate' live for many hours. The pro-2nd side is much stronger, and the anti- side is repeating the same BS and not paying attention or caring...

I'm guessing they will (unfortunately) pass most of it. For logic and reason escape the type of people that introduce such meaningless legislation.

BTW, the voice votes held so far record 'pass'.. but listening to them online, it sounded pretty even... a few sounded more 'nay' than 'yea'.

MachIVshooter
March 8, 2013, 11:45 PM
Amendment just introduced to remove all exemptions from HB1224.

MErl
March 8, 2013, 11:48 PM
as in it would apply to all on duty police in the state as well?

Zak Smith
March 8, 2013, 11:48 PM
Live feed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XfGNjhRveek

Arbo
March 8, 2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that amendment went down.

What really get's me (i've been watching about 6 hours of this so far), is the left just about never speaks to why they support these bills or why they vote for or against amendments... it's totally one sided.

They are going to pass every one of these and don't give a crap what the people think.

MachIVshooter
March 9, 2013, 12:13 AM
Anyone know the breakdown of the division votes? Not all senators get to vote on these proposed amendments.

Arbo
March 9, 2013, 01:30 AM
1224 adopted.

Zak Smith
March 9, 2013, 01:32 AM
Voice vote, final on Monday. I am trying to get someone who was there to get a count

Arbo
March 9, 2013, 01:47 AM
It appeared to be (based on watching the woman just behind the pit counting) straight party line.

We will shortly be the center of major court battles.

Our economy is going to take a massive hit.

I plan to get the names of all those that voted for all this stuff and do all I can to ensure none of them get re-elected. EVER.

I am utterly disgusted.

Zak Smith
March 9, 2013, 01:49 AM
I believe we had 2 D's vote against 1224 in the committee of the whole vote but don't have a confirmation from the floor. This was not the recorded vote.

Zak Smith
March 9, 2013, 01:50 AM
On the good side SB 196 and HB 1226 were both tabled.

Arbo
March 9, 2013, 01:57 AM
From the article in the DP about this:

What to watch for: Some senators say they are undecided on the measure, including Angela Giron, D-Pueblo; Matt Jones, D-Louisville; and Linda Newell, D-Littleton. If any of them decide to vote against the bill, it would likely die, as Cheri Jahn, D-Wheat Ridge, and Lois Tochtrop, D-Thorton, say they will vote no.

Time to contact these people in a big wave....

Zak Smith
March 9, 2013, 01:58 AM
The would have to change their standing vote at this point.

longknife12
March 9, 2013, 01:55 PM
Well, Sen Newell canceled her town Hall meeting for this morning. I still can find no, listing for the cancellation! We had about 30 people still showed up to support us in pro gun. We held a meeting on our own to discuss options.
Truly, government without representation.
Dan
:mad:

Arbo
March 9, 2013, 02:57 PM
She probably did it because she knew what she was going to be confronted with.

They are, in general, chickens.

CoRoMo
March 11, 2013, 11:36 AM
...Sen Newell canceled her town Hall meeting...
That's pretty disgraceful.

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 03:12 PM
195 : no online ccw training, passed. Goes back to house due to amendment to allow some online training if supervised or some such.

1229 : BGC for personal sales passed.

They are on a 2 1/2 hr lunch break now..

Must be time to go to the range and do some shooting.

C.F. Plinker
March 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
Does 1229 need to go back to the house so the house can vote in the changes the senate made?

CoRoMo
March 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
What changes to 1229 did the Senate make?

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 05:41 PM
1228 passed -- fee for BGC ... the raping will start when this goes into effect.

I think the amendments to 1229 were a lot of exceptions, transfer to family members and such.

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
You go Sen. Brohphie (or however you spell it)! He just said he would NOT follow law (1224) if passed, that if he felt he needed a 30 round mag he'd drive across the state line and buy one. There was mass applause in the chamber.

mrvco
March 11, 2013, 08:08 PM
Awesome... Senator Greg Brophy.

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
I think the guy speaking now is Sen. Hill, I want to see if there are transcripts of this stuff, or if the video is somewhere, because he is GOOD.

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 08:26 PM
They passed 1224. It now goes back to the house due to the amendment for shotguns.

bhk
March 11, 2013, 08:57 PM
Question about exceptions in the UBC law: I don't see anything in there that would let me allow a friend to shoot a firearm of mine on my property (or anywhere else that is not an 'organized' range) when we are just target shooting/plinking. Am I missing somthing? Thanks.

Arbo
March 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
Question about exceptions in the UBC law: I don't see anything in there that would let me allow a friend to shoot a firearm of mine on my property (or anywhere else that is not an 'organized' range) when we are just target shooting/plinking. Am I missing somthing? Thanks.
Good luck trying to figure it out... even the few (D)'s that spoke up didn't know the intricacies and unintended outcomes of the bill.

C.F. Plinker
March 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
This is one of the exceptions that was added by the Senate.

21 (g) ANY TEMPORARY TRANSFER THAT OCCURS WHILE IN THE
22 CONTINUOUS PRESENCE OF THE OWNER OF THE FIREARM;

It should allow your friend to target practice with you.

MachIVshooter
March 12, 2013, 01:08 AM
Nobody is going to pay any attention to this garbage when it comes to loaning guns, and the sheriffs are disinclined to do anything about it anyway. Basically, short of deliberately provoking LEOs over the matter and self-incriminating, it's unenforceable. Same goes for the mags, at least for currently existing generations.

It's a sad day for us, but the fight ain't over. If 2017 comes and goes and we're still stuck with this crap, then it's over (for me, anyway; WY, here I come).

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Gun Control Senate Hearings - Monday 03/04/13" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!