interarms semi-auto shotgun

PDA

two gun charlie
March 1, 2013, 02:36 PM
ok I feel a little stupid :o I bought this shotgun , Atis 12 guage , semi-auto,
and I can't get the action out :scrutiny: it seems with many other semi-auto's
you just remove the barrel , pull or screw out the little operating handle and the action slides out , easy , but I can't see any way that this handle can pull out so there it is , stuck :scrutiny: hope someone on this site has a similar shotgun :D

If you enjoyed reading about "interarms semi-auto shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deer_Freak
March 1, 2013, 02:45 PM
Post the exact brand and model I am sure there is a owners manual online. We can help you but you have to help yourself first.

rcmodel
March 1, 2013, 02:46 PM
If it's the one I think it is??

Look for a flat blued metal piece with a friction-grip surface on the bottom of the bolt. It sits in a long dovetail groove.
There is a pin near one end of it.

The spring-loaded pin must be depressed, and the metal piece slid forward and out.

The bolt handle assembly can then be removed through the ejection port.

rc

two gun charlie
March 1, 2013, 03:31 PM
ok I see everything just the way you describe it , except that the pin seems to be a part of the metal piece and cannot be depressed

two gun charlie
March 1, 2013, 03:57 PM
here is what I see :D

rcmodel
March 1, 2013, 04:04 PM
O.K.
I remembered wrong I think.

See the little slot by the pin head?

Stick a thin screwdriver blade in it and see if you can pry it up?

Quite frankly, I have only seen one of them.
And that was too long ago to remember how it comes out.
I just know it has too to get the bolt handle out.

rc

two gun charlie
March 1, 2013, 04:11 PM
not coming up , are we talking a lot of force ? it does depress quite easily though , but it makes no difference to how far the metal piece can slide forward

I have been looking around but can't find much information on this shotgun , everything so far was easy to figure out , I am pretty much just waiting to run into someone who has one or had one to give me a hint on what to try , in the meantime I just fiddle with it , eventually something will go click.

So far I know it was made in Brescia , Italy , imported by interarms , called an Atis , a copy of a certain model browning , but I checked , it does not come apart quite the same way as the browning it emulates.

two gun charlie
May 19, 2013, 02:46 AM
:D you were right , I just used "insufficient" force

If you enjoyed reading about "interarms semi-auto shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!