huge blackpowder revolver

PDA

silicosys4
March 2, 2013, 04:09 AM
As the title describes, supposedly the biggest revolver ever made. Sorry if its a repost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SIvVKtuks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWHs7zQz_2I

If you enjoyed reading about "huge blackpowder revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snowdog
March 2, 2013, 04:41 AM
Cool!

The Guinness Records certificate lists this as a scaled up replica of a "Remington 1859"

'59? Uh, oops?

J-Bar
March 2, 2013, 08:23 AM
Bigger is not always better!

Ryanxia
March 2, 2013, 08:49 AM
That's pretty neat. The Cannon revolver! :)

Jim, West PA
March 2, 2013, 06:00 PM
Enabler !!!

ThorinNNY
March 2, 2013, 06:41 PM
Please be sure to send that video to Mike Boominijit the Mayor of NYC, Sarah Brady,the Emporor of New York- Andrew Cumo, Diane Feinschwein and any other gun grabbers you can think of. With any luck at all, maybe some of them will develop apoplexy after watching it. :evil:

alsask
March 2, 2013, 08:50 PM
I think concealed carry is out of the question.

KeithL
March 3, 2013, 07:39 AM
WOW! I want to know where he gets caps for that.
Seriously, he must make them, but I am curious about a cap that big.

kBob
March 3, 2013, 09:37 AM
Not sure, and it looks nothing like a pistol, but isn't the revolving cannon in the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond bigger. Maybe not as it is small as cannons go , but I am surprised no one else has meantioned it.

I wonder if the "Remington" in the picture has more than one chamber in the cylinder..... we only see the one shot.

I would love to have that Remington in a big glass case in my side yard. The neighbors would love it

The first NMA I bought was for presentation to a club member that had put in over 25 days of Volunteer work on our range.

It came via UPS and on a day with a substitute driver that did not know my then Black Lab was a Teddy Bear rather than Ceribus. SO he set the box just inside the gate and drove away.

A few hours later I come home and there is strofoam and cardboard and paper all over the front yard. I am curious and start to pick up the trash only to find a piece of cardboard from the box end identifying what was in the package.

Eventually I find the revolver in one of the dogs "dens" a shallow pit in the front hedge and consider bludgeoning the dog with. Calmness over took me however when I considered that at least he had not buried it somewhere.

The only damage was teeth marks on the wood and those were not to bad. Fortunately the new owner thinks those marks and the story that goes with them add character to the gun.

The next day I am working in the yard and one of the neighbors come over and expresses concern that I am arming my yard dog. He had seen Eric T. Dog patrolling the after noon of the mishap with the revolver clutched by the grip in his teeth. About another hour later another neighbor apears to announce that while he understood the importance of home security he was not sure we had the right to keep and arm dogs. Both the guys were poking fun at me and not serious and I suppose it is good to have neighbors that notice things like armed dogs trotting about your property.

Wonder if I should get a Colt for the kid's pony.........

-kBob

Lunie
March 3, 2013, 10:52 AM
28mm is over an inch in diameter. (Specifically 1.102", or a bit smaller than 1-1/8")

ivankerley
March 3, 2013, 10:56 AM
just a shame its based on the remmie :evil:
gene

Patocazador
March 3, 2013, 10:57 AM
It's a complete waste of time, money, lead, and blackpowder in my opinion .. just to get in the Guinness record book.
If you want a cannon, build a cannon and put wheels on it.

72coupe
March 3, 2013, 11:11 AM
I have that exact revolver but in a more convenient size.

4v50 Gary
March 3, 2013, 11:31 AM
A genuine crew served revolver. Two men to carry it. Another to carry ammunition. I suppose there's a limber or trailer to carry the cleaning equipment. At 28 mm caliber, I suppose the bullet mould is carried on the trailer/limber too. It's not much larger than a Brown Bess mould.

Jim, West PA
March 3, 2013, 04:13 PM
The first NMA I bought was for presentation to a club member that had put in over 25 days of Volunteer work on our range.

It came via UPS and on a day with a substitute driver that did not know my then Black Lab was a Teddy Bear rather than Ceribus. SO he set the box just inside the gate and drove away.

A few hours later I come home and there is strofoam and cardboard and paper all over the front yard. I am curious and start to pick up the trash only to find a piece of cardboard from the box end identifying what was in the package.

Eventually I find the revolver in one of the dogs "dens" a shallow pit in the front hedge and consider bludgeoning the dog with. Calmness over took me however when I considered that at least he had not buried it somewhere.

The only damage was teeth marks on the wood and those were not to bad. Fortunately the new owner thinks those marks and the story that goes with them add character to the gun.

The next day I am working in the yard and one of the neighbors come over and expresses concern that I am arming my yard dog. He had seen Eric T. Dog patrolling the after noon of the mishap with the revolver clutched by the grip in his teeth. About another hour later another neighbor apears to announce that while he understood the importance of home security he was not sure we had the right to keep and arm dogs. Both the guys were poking fun at me and not serious and I suppose it is good to have neighbors that notice things like armed dogs trotting about your property.

Wonder if I should get a Colt for the kid's pony.........

-kBob

You seriously expect us to believe that story with no pics ?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Great story Bob. A pic o' ole Eric T with that '58 in his grip would be GREAT !!!

If you enjoyed reading about "huge blackpowder revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!