C&R License arrived...now what?

PDA

Citadel99
March 12, 2004, 09:15 AM
I know I need to send copies to the people I'll be doing business with. Are these just regular copies on my scanner or do they have to be certified? And yes, the K31 will be mine soon!

Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R License arrived...now what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
March 12, 2004, 09:21 AM
DON'T sign the original.

Go to Kinko's or someplace w/ a copy machine & get some decent copies if your scanner isn't all that great. Sign the copies in something other than black ink. No certification (were you thinking of getting your signature notarized?) is needed.

Most importantly - hide your checkbook as it is about to be severely drained ;) .

hillbilly
March 12, 2004, 09:23 AM
Now what?

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!

Buy until it hurts and you are dizzy. Make that checkbook beg for mercy. Make that plastic smoke like Mount Etna.

hillbilly

Kharn
March 12, 2004, 10:18 AM
Until your bank account reads $0.00, your credit cards are all maxed and you have two more safes being delivered next week to hold your latest "Buy 20 get free whatever" from Century Arms, you are not living up to your potential as a cruffler.

Kharn

EOD Guy
March 12, 2004, 11:14 AM
DON'T sign the original.

Go to Kinko's or someplace w/ a copy machine & get some decent copies if your scanner isn't all that great. Sign the copies in something other than black ink. No certification (were you thinking of getting your signature notarized?) is needed.

Dealers need a certified copy of your license in order for them to send you any firearms. That's what your original signature does. It certifies the copy of your license. In other words, a licensee's signature on their license makes it a certified copy. Read the certification statement on the license for clarification.

Fly320s
March 12, 2004, 03:28 PM
EOD Guy,

Actually, even the B.A.T.F. and E. says not to sign the original as wholesalers will require a copy signed in ink. A photocopy of and ink signature does not count.

A photocopy of the original can still be "certified" by signing the copy in ink.

I'll find a link in a minute...

jrhead75
March 12, 2004, 03:42 PM
A. Do NOT sign the original. You will need to sign the copies in blue (or any other color besides black) ink so that the folks you send it to will be able to tell it's an original signature.

B. Win the Powerball Lotto ASAP...that way you'll have almost enough money to buy all the milsurps you're suddenly gonna realize you need.

C. Don't buy any Enfields, they're all set aside for me!

D. Have fun!

Erik Jensen
March 12, 2004, 05:59 PM
now what?

simple. you quickly become broke, of course!:neener: :neener: :what:

Citadel99
March 12, 2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys. What's pretty scary is that I'm going to be in White Sands, NM, next month for a month long field exercise and won't be spending any money...

Oh boy.

Mark

EOD Guy
March 13, 2004, 08:28 AM
EOD Guy,

Actually, even the B.A.T.F. and E. says not to sign the original as wholesalers will require a copy signed in ink. A photocopy of and ink signature does not count.

A photocopy of the original can still be "certified" by signing the copy in ink.

I'll find a link in a minute...

I realize that. I was referring to a COPY of the license, not the original. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Citadel99
March 13, 2004, 08:47 AM
Do the copies need to be front/back or is just the front of the license kosher?

Mark

EOD Guy
March 13, 2004, 06:14 PM
Do the copies need to be front/back or is just the front of the license kosher?

Mark

Just the front is fine.

Selfdfenz
March 13, 2004, 06:19 PM
Lucky rascal!

At a recent gunshow I happened to hear one of the deals quote a regular price of 135 on a CZ52. He incidentially mentioned it was 15 or 20 less to a C&R holder.

I wondred if that is always the way of things. If so, I need to consider getting one.

S-

Lennyjoe
March 13, 2004, 06:36 PM
Dont forget to send copies to MidwayUSA and Brownells if you buy gunparts and ammo online.

Case in point, A Wilson Combat 8 round 1911 mag goes for $28.95 for the normal joe, but at dealer cost its $22. (MidwayUSA)

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R License arrived...now what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!