Have you ever run into this?

PDA

seanfidheall
March 3, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hi folks,

I posted this on another forum and thought I'd check here. It's a new one on me.

I own a multitude of Uberti firearms, including many C/B and O/T revolvers. Finally got around to getting a new 1849 Pocket Model. When I received it there where a few problems. One was the cylinder arbor forward of the cylinder was bent, this creating its own set of issues. I returned it for repair and upon receipt found that that they had not corrected the arbor, but adapted to it. They stated in the return,

Note: The factory bends the base pin to set the cylinder gap and alignment.

None of my others have had this issue. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever run into this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pohill
March 3, 2013, 10:40 AM
I had a Uberti 1962 .36 Pocket Police with the same bent arbor. it drove me nuts. I took pics of it to show other shooters. I finally determined that it was an intentional bend to form a tighter barrel/frame connection. Once I learned how to insert the wedge (at an angle while applying pressure to the barrel), the gun was tight and stayed tight. I think it's actually a "plus."
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/pohill/CopyofS4020191Resized_zps27e69371.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you ever run into this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!