Joined the Hi Power club today..

PDA

CNobbe
March 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
Saw this gun at a few shows, cannot believe I saw it this morning at the same price..$600 was his price at all three and I wasn't going to wait any longer..lol

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k238/nobbe3728/P1010850_zps402e04cf.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Joined the Hi Power club today.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VAgunner
March 3, 2013, 01:46 PM
Nice gun at a fair price. Enjoy it and tell us how it shoots.

tarosean
March 3, 2013, 02:14 PM
Congrats on your acquisition... One of the finest pistols ever made IMO.

Now check to see if its still got the mag disconnect installed. Is so instructions are easily found with google or youtube search (just need a small punch).. It will make a huge difference in the trigger..

Loc n Load
March 3, 2013, 02:37 PM
I agree, the Brit's just changed over from their revered Hi Powers to Glock's after several decades of using the Hi Pwr. Back in the late 80's early 90's the FBI HRT used Brwng Hi pwrs, Novak still makes these in the same format that HRT used, I have one. A friend of mine ( was on HRT) who instructed at the academy in Quantico had a Browning that had over 100,000 documented rds through it. I have carried one on and off during a 40 year period, they are great guns and I hope you enjoy yours.

B!ngo
March 3, 2013, 03:23 PM
Best ergo's of any pistol I've ever held. People say that the H&K P30 is another perfect ergo machine, but they are n/a in the lovely state of CA so I've never tried one on.
If the BHP had more ambi features, I'm sure I'd own one but like most all Sig's (mentioned because they are also high on my list), they are for RH'ers only.
Am I bitter? You bet!
:)

B

P.S. OP: Enjoy it. Looks like a great buy.

JR24
March 3, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'm a recent convert myself. Strangely enough I really like the unmodified trigger on my new(er) MKIII. Heavy, but crisp and clean.

Enjoy shooting, best pointer out there in my opinion.

Sock Puppet
March 3, 2013, 05:25 PM
Nothing wrong with that deal. Congrats!

Pilot
March 3, 2013, 05:53 PM
Good deal! Nice MK III. Is that new?

CNobbe
March 3, 2013, 07:22 PM
Not new, the guy who bought said he bought it in 1989 (gun was made in 1988) and he said he only shot around 20 rounds through it. When I looked at the magazines, I could tell right away it hand't been used much as there was no finish missing on either of them. The finish is nearly perfect, has a small hard to see scratch on the other side, but it's not even through the finish and hard to see.

When I took it apart and looked around, there's signs of use, but the feed ramp has no wear at all.

The barrel I was worried about as I used some cleaner and was getting a lot of orange on my patches. I went to the indoor range and coughed up the money for the elusive 9mm ammo and put 99 rounds through the gun. Of course being UMC, one round was a dud. Hit the primer 3 times, and nothing, but other than that I had no issues with it. I checked out the barrel after a few rounds went through and that cleaned it right out..

If you enjoyed reading about "Joined the Hi Power club today.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!