How do you change powder in RCBS chargemaster

PDA

BGD
March 4, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have an RCBS chargenaster 1500 with the powder dispenser. I like the way it works. I am wondering if there is an easier way to change powder than dump it out the port on the side and work the rest out with a small brush. Anyone try an air compressor for the small bits?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you change powder in RCBS chargemaster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Crashbox
March 4, 2013, 08:07 PM
I use the side discharge port and also run the dispenser tube empty by setting a 100-grain load which will clean it out. I use a 1" paint brush to get the last bits and pieces out when sweeping them toward the open side discharge port.

Can't think of any other ways to do it.

jgh4445
March 4, 2013, 08:12 PM
I do the same as Crashbox. After I'm sure I got it all, to make doubly sure I use a can off air to flush it out with a few blasts just for good measure.( Pun intended) Don't forget to close the side port when you finish emptying the powder. If you forget, you'll have a not so nice surprise when you dump your next pound in. Don't ask me how I know.

higgite
March 4, 2013, 08:35 PM
Same as Crashbox, except I use the brush that came with the Chargemaster.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you change powder in RCBS chargemaster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!