Has any one tested older Unique againest a newer lot?

PDA

grubbylabs
March 5, 2013, 09:41 PM
I just picked up a 15lb can of Unique and the closest I can tell is it was made in 1989 It has a Hercules label and was made in Wilmington Delaware.

I put a little from a new can that I have and put a lit match to it, and then did the same with the older can, it seemed to burn a little more intensely. I am about 100% sure I need to work up my load again, but with 15lbs and gobs of free led, that should not be a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has any one tested older Unique againest a newer lot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rg1
March 5, 2013, 10:23 PM
I did a side by side comparison of 1985 Unique with early 2000's Unique and velocity was within 5 fps which is nothing. Same components, same pistol. The newer Unique has been made to burn a little cleaner I think because of the coatings? The company has a quantity of the original Unique and all lots even today are compared to the original lot and made to match the burn rate of the original. Might try a few workup loads but I'd bet they are nearly the same.
Here's a good article testing old and new Unique:http://www.gunblast.com/Unique.htm

grubbylabs
March 5, 2013, 10:53 PM
Cool thanks.

It wasn't the buy of the century, but it was just a little cheaper than what I normally buy it at.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has any one tested older Unique againest a newer lot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!