Installing Daniel Defense 7.62 lite rail on Armalite AR 10 T

PDA

cbmax
March 5, 2013, 10:55 PM
Hi All,

I will be picking up my new Armalite AR 10T later this week. I just received a Daniel Defense 7.62 lite rail in the mail today. I will also be receiving a Armalite upper receiver vice jaw clamp and a PRI Armalite barrel but wrench. I have heard that the factory Aramlite barrel nut can be very difficult to remove. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this procees go a little smoother. I will have a breaker bar. Do I need to heat the barrel nut? I really don't want to damage this rife by making dumb mistakes!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CB

If you enjoyed reading about "Installing Daniel Defense 7.62 lite rail on Armalite AR 10 T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nyresq
March 12, 2013, 10:52 PM
I installed a DD rail on my AR-10T. The factory free float tube was a bitch to remove, I used a large strap wrench on the tube and another on the collar, but the barrel nut was even worse. It took some heat from a torch. Once I heard the locktite sizzle out, a wrench turned it right off. It was a little un-nerving to be heating it with a torch, but it was all good in the end. It helps if you have someone who has done it before.

When you install the DD nut, use some red locktite. Its not a part you ever want to loosen up on its own.

BBBBill
March 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
I've never had blue Loctite release on its own. And, unlike red Loctite, you won't have to use heat to release it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Installing Daniel Defense 7.62 lite rail on Armalite AR 10 T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!