What's REALLY Tactical ???

PDA

David
March 12, 2004, 03:44 PM
We talk alot about what's tactical on THR -- but what's is the ULTIMATE TACTICAL List?

In other words, what brands are TACTICAL in different firearms-related areas.

For example, in my opinion, here are some of the "most tactical" brands:

Handguns -- Glock / Sig / HK

Rifles -- Bushmaster / Colt

Fanny Bags -- Maxpedition

Boots -- Oakley / Danner / Thorogood

Watches -- Oakley / Luminox

Clothing -- Oakley / Royal Robbins 5.11

Sunglasses -- Oakley / Wiley X / Costa Del Mar

Gloves -- Oakley / Hatch

etc., etc., etc.

What is YOUR list of the "most tactical" brands?

;) :D ;)

Skunk, we need your input on this topic, please!

:cool: :p :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "What's REALLY Tactical ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ceetee
March 12, 2004, 03:54 PM
In vehicles, it's gotta be:

THE HUMMER.

Poohgyrr
March 12, 2004, 03:59 PM
:D
The most tactical to me is taking the family to drink lemonade with Grandma while a Team deals with the problem....

But I'd want to allow for a good .308/other caliber on the rifle part for some situations though.... Heck, sometimes I'd like to just send in an A-10 :evil:

Smoke
March 12, 2004, 04:02 PM
{Gump voice}

Tactical is as tactical does.

{Gump voice\off}

Gear is not tactical.

Smoke

David
March 12, 2004, 04:30 PM
Oops -- I left out tactical flashlights...

Weapon Flashlights -- SureFire

Keychain Flashlights -- ARC / Princeton Tec / Photon

:eek: :cool: :eek:

Skunkabilly
March 12, 2004, 04:47 PM
Anything from BHI.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/images/newheader3/header3.jpg

Honor. Because snakes don't have armpits. :rolleyes:

Langenator
March 12, 2004, 04:55 PM
And don't forget ITT-for all your night vision needs!

Schiessuebung
March 12, 2004, 06:51 PM
In shotguns -- why Benelli, of course (as long as it's black)

How could Skunkabilly miss that one?:what:

OK, maybe Remington too, in a pump...

iamkris
March 12, 2004, 07:07 PM
ICBMs and tactical nukes -- Raytheon

Aegis class destroyers -- Newport News

Tactical mess halls -- Halliburton

Tactical single actions -- Ruger Vaqueros

Tactical flintlocks (Charleville muskets) -- Dixie Gun Works

LeonCarr
March 12, 2004, 07:12 PM
IMNSHO being tactical is a state of mind. Gadgets and black stuff do not make someone tactical. Having a combat mindset, training for the worst case scenario, and being aware of your surroundings are the first steps in becoming tactical.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

jacketch
March 12, 2004, 07:30 PM
The right tool for the job, whatever it may be, is always tactical.

That covers a lot of territory.

jercamp45
March 12, 2004, 07:46 PM
Mindset!

Clothing and gear are indeed useful acquisitions for tactical operations, and some of the equipment so listed was designed by tactical operators for tactical operations.
But to think a watch, pair of boots/pants, or special firearm(s) makes a tactical operator...well, that is the stuff of walter mitty.
I patrol a hotel each night that has alot of drug and gang activity. I wear good fitting thoroughgood boots, bought cheap at a copshop closeout, 2 dollar black pants from my local thrift store, a rather odd mix of 'leather' duty belt pieced together from various sources, a 28 yo Colt Government Model, issue body armor, badge and YELLOW jacket. Tactical, no. Effective, yes.
I am not dealing with terrorists, not breaking down doors, not fighting off enemy wave attacks. Nor are most of the 'tactical' guys out there. The gangbanger wannabe's wear their clothes a certain way. The laywers and politicians wear a certain style, and so do the guys that wanna be more than they are.
It is OK to buy they best, it is your money. But just because it says 'tactical' on the label, does not mean the wearer/bearer is.
An Opinion.
Jercamp45

StuporDave
March 12, 2004, 09:48 PM
David,

Lessee, from your list I own:

1 - a pair of WileyX glasses

I guess that makes me rather non-tactical :D

But here's my secret. My tactics are to not let anyone know I'm tactical. That way I can hide in plain sight while the uber-tactical folks have to creep around in the shadows. If they step into sight, it's immediately obvious that they're tactical. This makes them an immediate target.

I can wander around in plain sight in my "street clothes" camoflage, with all of my tacticality discreetly hidden just beneath the surface. I'll be taken as "just another sheep" and basically ignored. That way I can use the element of surprise, which is a great tactical move. You uber-tactical folks lose that advantage by looking tactical. The "enemy" immediately knows you're tactical and can prepare for your tacticality.

Dave
(Wolf in Sheep's Clothing) :D

If you enjoyed reading about "What's REALLY Tactical ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!