Gas check die

PDA

Mcswack
March 6, 2013, 11:00 PM
Has anyone here had experience with the Martin Gaschecker die tool that allows the production of gas checks from 10th thick copper/alum material in a standard reload die rig? I am thinking of procuring due to shortage of gas checks in my part of the country and would like some feedback. Thanks for your response. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gas check die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingmt
March 7, 2013, 08:32 AM
I haven't but I'm interested also. Do you have a link?

kerreckt
March 7, 2013, 09:21 AM
I suspect he is talking about this company: http://www.patmarlins.com/
I might be wrong but this is a great product, anyway.

mikeadams
March 7, 2013, 02:02 PM
I have one and it works well enough. Pops them out fairly quickly. There's a youtube video floating about that shows it in action.

When I ordered mine, Pat had a horrible backlog and it took 18 months to get it, but since then he's moved to another production facility so hopefully that's no longer the case.

There is also the Freechex II that seems to have very good reviews, and is supposedly easier to use. I believe there is another made by Corbin? I don't have any experience with either one.

Mike

kelbro
March 7, 2013, 02:20 PM
I use the Freechex I and II. They work very well.

I use Pat Marlin's other product, the Rock Dock and it is a very well built piece of equipment. I would not hesitate to try his Checkmaker if I ever needed another one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gas check die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!