The Brown Truck is scheduled to stop today.

PDA

Queen_of_Thunder
March 7, 2013, 09:42 AM
Happy day today. My rifle dies in 223,30-40 Krag, 300 Win Mag and 303 British arrive today along with brass and bullets for my .303. Its going to be a happy day for sure. Now the search begins for 30-40 Krag brass and 7.35 Carcano brass and bullets.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Brown Truck is scheduled to stop today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Akita1
March 7, 2013, 10:16 AM
Awesome; same here but for my new bow and some .380 fmj. Love that brown truck...

RiverPerson
March 7, 2013, 10:30 AM
Brown came yesterday here.

Got two of the shooter grade Mosins AIM had last week for $90. Aside from some rust on the butt plate of one, they were in great shape :neener:

MachIVshooter
March 7, 2013, 10:35 AM
Now the search begins for 30-40 Krag brass and 7.35 Carcano brass and bullets.

30-40 brass won't be so difficult.

AFAIK, Buffalo Arms is the ONLY source of new 7.35 Carcano brass, and what they currently have is headstamped 6.5 M-S. They also carry the .298" bullets.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Search.aspx?TERM=.298

Queen_of_Thunder
March 7, 2013, 11:37 AM
30-40 brass won't be so difficult.

AFAIK, Buffalo Arms is the ONLY source of new 7.35 Carcano brass, and what they currently have is headstamped 6.5 M-S. They also carry the .298" bullets.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Search.aspx?TERM=.298
Thanks for the link. I've got some ammo for the Carcano but it was made in 1935 and my last trip to the range yielded only one round fired for each 5 I attempted to fire. Nothing like waiting to see if the round will cook off before ejecting it. I normally wait 5 minutes before ejecting a round that didn't fire.

MachIVshooter
March 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the link. I've got some ammo for the Carcano but it was made in 1935 and my last trip to the range yielded only one round fired for each 5 I attempted to fire. Nothing like waiting to see if the round will cook off before ejecting it. I normally wait 5 minutes before ejecting a round that didn't fire.

My experience wasn't quite as bad, but I'd say about 1 in 10 failed to fire. I grabbed a dozen boxes of it ('38 & '39) from a local shop for $10/box a few years back. Not bad, considering each box is 18 rounds with 3 reusable clips.

Queen_of_Thunder
March 7, 2013, 05:23 PM
My experience wasn't quite as bad, but I'd say about 1 in 10 failed to fire. I grabbed a dozen boxes of it ('38 & '39) from a local shop for $10/box a few years back. Not bad, considering each box is 18 rounds with 3 reusable clips.
Yea you have that "new ammo".

baz
March 7, 2013, 11:39 PM
Brown comes by here at least once a week, often two or three times a week. But since the first of the year, only about a dozen of the deliveries have been gun related. I have Amazon Prime, with free shipping, and order something almost every other day. But I get the most excited when it is gun related. :)

This week? I got some 158 gr. 357 Magnum ammo in from Natchezss and Palmetto. Went to the range today and shot some of it up sighting in my Marlin 1894C. I reload 357, but 125 gr. for my revolvers. I have some 170 gr. Nosler and 180 gr. Hornady XTP bullets that I plan to hand load for the lever gun, but don't have the time right now, and was anxious to sight it in so just bought some commercial loads in 158 for that.

Queen_of_Thunder
March 8, 2013, 12:09 AM
Know what you mean. I got my shipping notice for 250 rounds of 10mm from Wideners. Now I can break in my G20. Its been no fun having a new gun and no ammo for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Brown Truck is scheduled to stop today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!