Should IDPA have a chapter on dueling?

PDA

dukeofurl
March 12, 2004, 05:35 PM
I'm inclined to say yes - it settles the finer irritations in life better than a "shoot off" :P

If you enjoyed reading about "Should IDPA have a chapter on dueling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
March 12, 2004, 05:42 PM
Uh oh. Did you have a close encounter with a range lawyer this past weekend? :uhoh:

clubsoda22
March 12, 2004, 05:45 PM
deuling just isn't as sporting with modern semi automatics and high capacity magazines....maybe if you had a pair of smoothbore flintlock deuling pistols...

MicroBalrog
March 12, 2004, 05:48 PM
deuling just isn't as sporting with modern semi automatics and high capacity magazines....maybe if you had a pair of smoothbore flintlock deuling pistols...

I think the terms could be set by the participants. What about modern military rifles, 50 meters, standing?:D

jsalcedo
March 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
What about .22 CB caps out of NAA mini revolvers at 75 yards?

Kalos
March 12, 2004, 06:43 PM
Keep in mind that dueling wasn't especially about killing the other guy. They were doing it with smoothbore pistols that were notoriously inaccurate; most of the time, both of the participants walked away just fine. It was more a matter of showing you had the cojones to stand up there and face uncertain death over whatever you happened to be squabbling about.

QuickDraw
March 12, 2004, 06:44 PM
Hey Skunk,
Checked out your web page....Good stuff!!:D

QuickDraw

Penman
March 12, 2004, 08:46 PM
Check the March issue of Smithsonian magazine for an article about dueling in America.

dukeofurl
March 12, 2004, 08:54 PM
no encounters with range lawyers - I just figured I should probably end the smack talking with fellow forum members and see how we fare on the field at dawn. :P

MicroBalrog
March 12, 2004, 09:08 PM
They were doing it with smoothbore pistols that were notoriously inaccurate; most of the time, both of the participants walked away just fine.

Also with sabres, rapiers, knifes, and revolvers.

mdsteele
March 13, 2004, 01:13 AM
What about .22 CB caps out of NAA mini revolvers at 75 yards?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I think that after a couple hours, you'd both, get tired of shooting.:D

The_Antibubba
March 13, 2004, 04:38 AM
Just what we need-an official shooting sport that deliberately violates All Four Rules of responsible gun handling.

Why don't you just melt down your firearms now?

If "capping" others is a big thrill, try paintball.

yeesh. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Should IDPA have a chapter on dueling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!