Threading a Savage bbl near Seattle

PDA

Ray P
March 8, 2013, 12:36 AM
Can someone recommend a gunsmith in the King or Snohomish County area with some experience at barrel threading? Looking to thread the muzzle of a Savage .308 bolt action rifle. Barrel is not stnls.

If you enjoyed reading about "Threading a Savage bbl near Seattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ray P
March 9, 2013, 10:20 PM
Yes, I know I'm in NM asking about Seattle WA area. The rifle and its owner, my nephew, are near Everett. While I was stationed at NAVSTA Everett last year, I wasn't too impressed with the self-styled gunsmiths hanging out at the Washington Arms Collector shows. Most could build you an AR kit, but I wouldn't trust them for any job requiring a lathe.

Any recommendations would help.

GrayGore
March 10, 2013, 03:38 AM
Family friend swears by Cloward's in Lake Stevens. Haven't got any personal knowledge, sorry.

Ray P
March 10, 2013, 03:41 AM
Thanks, Graygore, I'll pass that along!

If you enjoyed reading about "Threading a Savage bbl near Seattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!