Rock Island 2011 Tactical 9mm

PDA

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
March 8, 2013, 09:51 AM
I finally got to handle one of these yesterday at my lgs and to be honest it was as good or better than the Rock Island match grade, probably the best that Rock has produced to date. The wants 669.00 for it and after handling it that seems fair. Before I pull the trigger on it does anyone who has handled one have an opinion on the quality? http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/homedepotgeorge/2011tacticalvzgrip-450x300_zps437322c6.png

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island 2011 Tactical 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fishbed77
March 8, 2013, 11:00 AM
Seems a bit high. I've seen the .45ACP Tactical (non-rail version) for under $450, and the railed version for $550. I don't see were the VZ grips and fiber-optic front sight add $170 to the price. Maybe there's something I'm missing. Does the 9mm version command a premium?

Regardless, that's a nice pistol. If I ever have some extra money burning a hole in my pocket, I be tempted to pick up a RIA.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
March 8, 2013, 09:07 PM
It's definitely a step above the regular tactical model, I would put it up there with the match grade. That being said I only found 3 on the web ranging from 600 to 670 and when you figure shipping and transfer costs I'm right back to 669 sounding like a fair deal. I was hoping I would here from someone who's shot one but it seems these are pretty rare.

WCraven
March 9, 2013, 11:47 AM
Your missing the magwell as that looks like wilson combat.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
March 9, 2013, 11:52 AM
The one at the gun shop had it but I couldn't even find that pic on the web

bigfatdave
March 10, 2013, 06:42 AM
The price seems a bit high, but not outrageous.
RIA makes good stuff with one of the best warranties in the industry, if I wanted a FS 9mm I'd be tempted.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island 2011 Tactical 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!