Model 19-3 sear question

PDA

greenhorng
March 8, 2013, 11:50 PM
My model 19-3 shoots fine in both double and single action. The problem I have is when decocking from single action, the trigger will sometimes hang on the point of the sear. If I just touch the trigger and then thumb the hammer down it works fine or if I hold the trigger until the hammer is almost half way down it's fine. Some point in between those two and the sear and trigger bind, leaving the hammer about half-cocked. Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 19-3 sear question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SullyVols
March 9, 2013, 12:19 AM
Had a very similar issue with my brand new (built this calender year) GP100 which is still in New Hampshire except it would also bind up on a chamber.

But sorry, i'm not an expert. My model 19-3 de-cocks smoothly. I can't hear any parts rubbing or making contact. I would hope a gunsmith would at least point you in the right direction.

hAkron
March 9, 2013, 07:34 AM
I have a K-22 that has ill fitting side plate screws. If I tighten down the side plate screw down too much it binds the rebound slide and the trigger doesn't properly reset. If its not a burr or a high spot on the SA sear, then verify there is nothing wrong with the rebound slide.

F-111 John
March 9, 2013, 01:51 PM
I have a 19-4 that I bought new in 1980, and it does exactly the same thing.

My advice is the same advice the Doctor gave to the guy who said "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

rcmodel
March 9, 2013, 02:16 PM
Sounds normal to me.

If you 'play with' the trigger while lowering the hammer?

You are interfering with the normal operation of the lock-work.
You are stopping the rebound slide from pushing the trigger back forward out of the way of the DA sear.

Don't do that.

rc

greenhorng
March 9, 2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys. Great to hear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 19-3 sear question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!