Old small folders

PDA

gordy
March 9, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have these two old folders. They just have a number on the blade. I assume this is a patent number, Does anyone know about these knives. The one is a strange yellow,could it be pearl the other is a shiny white. these were my grandfathers. I am interested to there history and value.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old small folders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MutinousDoug
March 9, 2013, 09:30 PM
Well,
I'm going to say that your pictures are pretty bad. I can't see squat or tell anything about them.
Otherwise, maybe even I could help. On the other hand, maybe not.

gordy
March 9, 2013, 09:57 PM
Is this better? they say nothing on the knives. only a large number like patents numbers.

DNS
March 10, 2013, 04:25 AM
I believe those are Hammer Brand from the shape and the bail. Shell handles and millions of them made btw, so not really collector knives. I still buy them when I see them for $4 or $5 bucks and carry them once in a while.

Stampings weren't the best and they can be darn near impossible to read. Another clue its a Hammer.:D

VA27
March 11, 2013, 01:58 AM
I have one marked Imperial that I've had since I was a kid (back in the 50's). Cool little knives.

kozak6
March 11, 2013, 05:40 AM
Try taking some pictures with the macro setting.

The scales are probably celluloid.

If it's a patent number, you could just look it up.

bikerdoc
March 11, 2013, 06:42 AM
Just a hunch but I suspect they are old Schrades.

DNS
March 12, 2013, 05:13 AM
VA27 caught me.

The parent company was Imperial and the early ones were marked so too. Later on they changed to Hammer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old small folders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!