Stuff is finding its way back to the shelves

PDA

grandpawj
March 11, 2013, 11:20 AM
Last night at Bass Pro Shop in Myrtle Beach I found the following:

LPP's 100 round pkg 2ea @ $4.79 (all they had)
44 Mag Winchester Brass 100 pieces(bag) @ $31.99 (they had 4 bags left)
Unique powder 1 lb bottle @ $23.99 (they had 3 bottles left)

I didn't buy any but they had other powders, IMR 7828, IMR 4350, and IMR 4198

If you enjoyed reading about "Stuff is finding its way back to the shelves" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grubbylabs
March 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
Still pretty bare around here.

Belmont148
March 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
Seen a few more supplies lately as well. Lots of large rifle primers on the shelf, plenty of .308 bullets in all brands and sizes. Saw a large shipment of Varget, but it got cleaned out in a day. Also saw a bunch of 8# kegs of Unique. Also a local gun store has a lot of 9mm, .223, and 7.62x39 ammo at low prices. They are limiting your purchase though.

I am just glad to see something show back up. Also handguns and AR's seem to be back on the shelves at discounted prices. I think the clouds are parting.

Arkansas Paul
March 11, 2013, 12:15 PM
It's slowly coming back around I think.
Large primers are on the shelves for both rifle and pistol, but small primers are still scarce and don't last long when they come in.
Rifle powders are still available, but pistol primers are in short supply. I say pistol powders are, Red Dot, Green Dot and Blue Dot are everywhere. We picked up some Red Dot to try in the .38 Special because that's about all that could be had. Who knows? Maybe we'll like it.

KansasSasquatch
March 11, 2013, 12:22 PM
3.2gr Red Dot over a 158 LSWC is a good load Paul. Nice accurate powder puff load.

Arkansas Paul
March 11, 2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I've got to get me a 158 gr mold.
I loaded 4 grains over a 125 grain RNFP yesterday. I'm gonna see how they shoot.

ranger335v
March 11, 2013, 01:11 PM
"Last night at Bass Pro Shop in Myrtle Beach I found the following:"

I've not been there in years but I've noticed my local stores tend to have a pretty good stock right after a big delivery so maybe it's easing up. ??

chrisgo
March 11, 2013, 01:18 PM
Local Walmart just got 30 500 round cases of .223 steel cased ammo for $157.00 each!

gilfo
March 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
My local Wally World has started to put display items in the ammo cabinet. Doesn't look good for them to be selling ammo anymore.

Metal Tiger
March 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
Here in Lost Angeles NO PISTOL primers NO W231 to be had
Very small supplies of ammo. We are still in the Dark Ages here.

Speedster00
March 11, 2013, 01:34 PM
Nothing here in houston...however in Nashville, the reloading bench has TONS of supplies. But they dont ship...I was there in person and they said they want to support the locals in return and not ship out the store..

But they had powder/primers/bullets...etc.

USSR
March 11, 2013, 02:03 PM
2 or 3 bags/bottles/boxes, and "Stuff is finding its way back to the shelves"? :rolleyes:

Don

DWT
March 11, 2013, 02:11 PM
New Orleans is bare, too.

Arkansas Paul
March 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
2 or 3 bags/bottles/boxes, and "Stuff is finding its way back to the shelves"?

Don

Compared to nothing, I would call it an improvement.

JJ-
March 11, 2013, 04:25 PM
Still have nothing here

Lennyjoe
March 11, 2013, 04:46 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when us reloaders had to trade brass for bullets and vice versa because we can't find components.

Not to mention powders and primers. Now I read online where politicians want tax us to death on ammunition.........Just a sad state of affairs ladies and gentlemen.

James2
March 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
Local store here where I buy components, had black powder and percussion caps. Not any primes nor smokeless powder yesterday. Two boxes of 270 cal jacketed bullets.

Local Wally World had nothing.

Sorry, I see no end yet.

788Ham
March 11, 2013, 07:57 PM
Nothing here on the shelves I've seen either.... a lot of improvement to be had here!

PhotoBiker
March 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
Great. It would be Myrtle Beach...

I haven't been back to Myrtle Beach since I left MB AFB in '92.

Still very bare up here.

345 DeSoto
March 12, 2013, 12:54 PM
Let this be a lesson to us ALL...

USSR
March 12, 2013, 01:15 PM
Let this be a lesson to us ALL...

+1. Fortunately, I learned my lesson during a previous drought.:)

Don

DeadFlies
March 12, 2013, 02:01 PM
Stuff has ALWAYS been finding its way onto the shelves. These days it just doesn't stay there for very long. I found two boxes of WWB 9mm at WallyWorld yesterday. The guy (who literally laughed when I asked if they had any .22lr) told me they just came in this morning and by 10AM I got the last two.

Some stuff found its way onto the shelves but those shelves are empty again, just like yesterday. I don't see things getting any better. Not here, not now anyway.

grubbylabs
March 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
I started loading after the last drought settled down, I did not even know there was one until I started and herd people talking about it. but you can rest assured that when things settle down for a bit I will not be left for wanting again. I don't really need any thing right now, but my want list is very long.

-Gadsden-
March 12, 2013, 05:59 PM
I started loading after the last drought settled down, I did not even know there was one until I started and herd people talking about it. but you can rest assured that when things settle down for a bit I will not be left for wanting again. I don't really need any thing right now, but my want list is very long.

so would you say you made a good decision to start reloading by starting after the last panic hit? I'm going to get into it this summer, hopefully things will have calmed a bit

PhotoBiker
March 12, 2013, 08:27 PM
so would you say you made a good decision to start reloading by starting after the last panic hit? I'm going to get into it this summer, hopefully things will have calmed a bit

Keep your eyes on the for sale threads. There will be a bunch of deals out there once this starts to die down. People get into <<insert hobby here>> for the wrong reasons...

splattergun
March 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
Shelves are slowly getting stocked. Each week I see just a few more boxes of the less popular stuff still on the shelves in Walmart, Sportsman's Warehouse and the LGS. They're still starving for Unique, W231, SPP, LPP, 9mm, .308, etc., etc, but at least Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard has a bone.

Bolt action rifles are back in stock, many calibers. Revolvers are looking good. Semiauto rifles and handguns are still rare.

I believe I can be patient a bit longer.

railroadman
March 12, 2013, 09:18 PM
I live in Flagler Beach.NO Wal mart ammo in Daytona same thing.No .22 LR smal pistol primer not to be found in central Florida.

tahoe2
March 12, 2013, 09:34 PM
Sportsman's Warehouse has ammo all over the place! They even have 280 Rem & 300 Savage ( prices seem a little bit high though), but they have it! but alas no 7mm or 8mm Mauser, it doesn't matter cause I reload. It's still nice, to see shelves filling up again, however no bullets or powder yet, lots of primers though.

Ignition Override
March 15, 2013, 11:53 PM
.303 'British' ammo was listed this afternoon at JGsales. This S&B was priced about $20/20 rounds.
The other place I stated this was earlier on Gunandgame.

For 7.62x54R, either JG or Aimsurplus has had really cheap Russian or Bulgarian for a few days: About $85 for 440 or so rds. in a green spam can. They don't know whether the Cyrillic lettering is from the Russian language or Bulg. (or so they say).

Maybe lots of people will soon buy a MN+ammo, simply as a long-term reserve gun for future panics.

vtail
March 16, 2013, 12:01 AM

Analogkid
March 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
I was able to stock up on a ton of tula ammo at walmart in both 9 and 45. They had plenty of it and the manager raised the box limit so I was able to get 5 boxes of each because they said they had over stock of both calibers.

My two MAC clone carbines eat it just fine.

Wed my local fun store got in a absolute ton of .410 and 45 colt in all sorts of flavors and let me get several of each round. It wasn't to badly priced either. Now where did I put my Judge? :)

Brass cases stuff is still hit and miss but I am glad .357 is making its way back onto the shelves and Dad can fire his hand cannon Dan wessons finally.

It'll get there...

Arkansas Paul
March 16, 2013, 12:11 AM
Wally World had .22 lr today. Nice. I got 3 boxes, as that was the limit.
They said they had 9mm, but hadn't unpacked it yet, so I reckon I'll be there bright and early in the morning to see.
It'll be a while before it's back to normal, but it's slowly coming around.

mookiie
March 16, 2013, 12:22 AM
Wish I was close to you Vtail!

cfullgraf
March 16, 2013, 12:38 AM
Just wait until the Senate schedules a vote on Ms. Feinstein's bill.

sage5907
March 16, 2013, 07:02 AM
On March 15th I drove into Tulsa and visited 2 local gun shops plus Academy. The shoppers at each of the stores looked like Toys r Us at Christmas. The mood was very serious with few people finding everything they wanted to buy. One of the stores was so busy they were hiring off duty deputy sheriffs to handle security. That store had plenty of Speer and Sierra bullets but the prices were up about 25%. Some powder could be had for $40 a pound. Field loads and turkey loads in both 12 & 20 guage 2 3/4 inch could not be found. 22 long rifle cartridges were selling for $10 a box or $100 a brick. Looks like the Democrats may have awakened a sleeping giant when they created this shortage. They're doing a good job at rearming the public.

docnyt
March 16, 2013, 09:04 AM

Wait where is this?

Arkansas Paul
March 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
Looks like the Democrats may have awakened a sleeping giant when they created this shortage.

The Democrats created nothing.
The people who are willing to pay $10 a box or $100 a brick for .22 shells, or $3500 for a $1k AR-15 created this.

Ohio Gun Guy
March 16, 2013, 09:15 AM
^
I think the Dem's did. Every time they say "Boo", propose another bill, etc. it get worse.

Look at the NCIs records from November 2008 to current....

F1
March 16, 2013, 10:36 AM

sage5907
March 16, 2013, 11:45 AM
Quote: The Democrats created nothing.
The people who are willing to pay $10 a box or $100 a brick for .22 shells, or $3500 for a $1k AR-15 created this.

Arkansas Paul, you must think the people just woke up one morning and decided to pay $10 for a box of 22 long rifle cartridges. This was started by the Democratic push for gun control with Feinstein & Obama leading the charge. They're even talking about federally created background checks before you can buy ammunition. For gun owners this is much more serious than anything we've seen in the past.

Lj1941
March 16, 2013, 11:52 AM
I am still using my stock from the last panic of 2008-2009,so I haven't really checked the local sources.I am local to "TNT" reloading and I need some case lube so I may check Tony out.He has stopped all mail order sales VIA the Internet,but his biggest thing is gun shows.I will check and see and report back to the forum.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Stuff is finding its way back to the shelves" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!