Opinions on this little .22LR Single Action

PDA

Corpral_Agarn
March 11, 2013, 01:09 PM
Hello THR!
I cruise a forum or two looking for cool/fun guns for reasonable prices and I came across this little piece:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=720094&highlight=chico

I know next to nothing about the model, company or individual piece so I thought that I would get some opinions from my fellow High Roaders.
Any information I can get would be appreciated!
So, What say you? ... and thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on this little .22LR Single Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
Step away from the computer!!
They are Junque!!

Buffalo Scouts were imported by F.I.E. (Firearms Import Export) in Miami, FL. prior to the 1968 Gun Control Act.
Further import was stopped by the GCA due to lack of import points.

I worked part time for a gun shop then, and one of the things I did was go through every shipment of New Buffalo Scouts.
And function test and try to get them working well enough to sell them for $19.95 or something like that.

There were generally several in every shipment of new guns that didn 't work right out of the box.

rc

Corpral_Agarn
March 11, 2013, 02:00 PM
I was afraid of that but had to check...
Thanks RC for the advice. I will certainly be taking that to heart.

one last question:
The owner has offered to let me shoot it. Is it worth shooting it to see if its decent, or are they pretty much all junk?

Thanks again to you, RC. I appreciate your response and wisdom.

rcmodel
March 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
For just a little more, you can get a new Hertage SA.
At least if it breaks, you can still get parts & service from them.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_577/Handguns/Heritage

Better still would be to save your money until you can afford a good used Ruger Single-Six.

rc

Corpral_Agarn
March 11, 2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks again, RC. You have probably saved me quite a bit of trouble. Thanks again for your advice and wisdom!

bikerdoc
March 11, 2013, 03:58 PM
good decision.

Orion8472
March 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
It's deceiving. The revolver doesn't look too bad in the pics. I have absolutely no experience with them, so I will differ to the others.

CraigC
March 11, 2013, 05:02 PM
These are the predecessor to the current Heritage Rough Rider. Same design, same materials, same workmanship.

Orion8472
March 11, 2013, 07:31 PM
But without the safety, I noticed...

marv
March 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
I have one of those in chrome with both cylinders, box, etc, unfired. My bride bought it on a whim at a show in 1982 for our silver anniv.

340PD
March 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
This is a great forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on this little .22LR Single Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!