Looking for a good gunsmith for...

PDA

jlucke69
March 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
I just bought a Browning SA-22 in 22 short. Barrel length is a little long for me, so I am looking for a good smith to shorten the barrel to 16.25", dovetail, finish and install new sights. Brass pin front and Skinner rear. Anyone know of a good smith for the job?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a good gunsmith for..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BBBBill
March 11, 2013, 06:54 PM
What's your general location and how far are you willing to travel or send the gun?

jlucke69
March 12, 2013, 12:29 PM
Kansas, willing to ship as needed.

slumlord44
March 13, 2013, 01:25 AM
Any idea what that gun is worth in original condition? I am thinking you will be spending $100 or more to make an $800 gun into a $400 gun. Just my opinion. The Short version is a rare gun.

BigBoreJay
March 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
I can HIGHLY recommend Mike Alee in Mission, Ks.

gunsmithingonly.dot.com

He's great, and that's why he's backlogged a couple of weeks or more.

jlucke69
March 13, 2013, 06:04 PM
Looks like they do good work. I will give them a call. Slumlord44, as for reducing the value of the gun, I am not really concerned about that. I shoot my great grandfather's gun and hope my great grandkids get to shoot mine.

BigBoreJay
March 14, 2013, 02:31 AM
You won't be disappointed. Tell him Ray's son reccomended him!

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a good gunsmith for..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!