What is your most priceless/never sell gun?

PDA

Godsgunman
March 11, 2013, 05:06 PM
What is the most priceless/never sell gun you own? It may fall into this category because it is rare, or expensive, or just sentimental.
Mine for instance would fall in the sentimental side. It is a Marlin Model 60. I have owned it since my grandfather passed away but it was his coon hunting rifle and a very good one at that. I remember hunting with it starting at the age of 8 and it will always remind me of those times. Even though its only worth about $100 or so you couldn't get me to sell it for even 20 times that.
What would be yours?

If you enjoyed reading about "What is your most priceless/never sell gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve CT
March 11, 2013, 05:23 PM
The AR-15 my son built for me. While he was deployed for 14 months in the Persian Gulf, for Christmas, Fathers Day, my birthday, etc., he ordered and had shipped home the upper, stock, sights, parts kit, ...

When he came home, he pulled a lower out of his safe and built up my rifle on the kitchen table.

Coop45
March 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
453 cz in 17 hmr.

Reloadron
March 11, 2013, 05:42 PM
I have two:

M1A NM that was a gift from my wife almost 20 years ago.

Remington Model 510P single shot bolt action .22 given to me in 1958 when I was 8 years old. My first rifle.

There are others but those two I'll never part with.

Ron

bikerdoc
March 11, 2013, 05:45 PM
When I retired in 88 the dept. gave me my duty weapon a Ruger Police Service Six.
If that piece could talk!!!
I got it written down that it is to be put in the box with me.

Aaron1100us
March 11, 2013, 05:47 PM
These two

The gun my Uncle taught me to shoot with. 1961 Seneca Green Nylon 66.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/araha3ed.jpg

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

-Xero-
March 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
OTOH -- What's the most flagrant piece of junk you've owned that you could run ammo through? Might be the .410 gauge bolt action, single shot Mossberg I bought from Sears for about $17 back in 1964.

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2012/07/18/476757_01_mossberg_183t_410_bolt_action__640.jpg

I have a Rem. 700 PSS, .308 Win. 26" bbl. Jewell trigger, Leupold Mark 4, 6 - 22x 50mm mil dot, 80 mm lens hood.

Second in line would be the Browning Citoria, Mod. 425, adj. comb/butt/trigger reach, set up for trap.

tubeshooter
March 11, 2013, 05:52 PM
Most of what I have is rather pedestrian, with a couple of exceptions.

I have a JM-proofmark Marlin 1894CSS that works perfectly. Had looked high and low for years for a Marlin .357 lever and finally stumbled across it.

I also have a S&W 317 that had issues at first; I sent it back and had a steel cylinder put in.

I don't see myself getting rid of either anytime soon. Generally speaking I don't sell anyway, but those two would be at the top of my "never sell" list. The first because it would be nearly irreplacable as far as an exact match, and the second because nobody would want to give me what I have in the gun now.

WoodchuckAssassin
March 11, 2013, 05:58 PM
Smith and Wesson 686 no-dash from 1983.

My Godfather passed away unexpectedly, left the gun to my dad, and my dad passed it on to me. There's never been a better revolver made. Eat your heart out, Colt!

ZeSpectre
March 11, 2013, 06:01 PM
Well, the first would be the Remington 552 Speedmaster that I inherited from my dad. I talk about the reason this gun would never be sold here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=646122).

The other would be my CZ75 in .40 S&W. I have a few nice pistols but something magical happened with this one. It is apparently that gun made on a Wednesday right after they put in fresh bits and a fantastic batch of metal machined by a guy who just got a raise and was in a super good mood because this particular gun is the most accurate out-of-the-box handgun I've ever owned!

Gallstones
March 11, 2013, 06:04 PM
I don't have that many and I'm sentimental about all of them, they each have a story.
I wish I had such a large collection that I would have some I wouldn't mind parting with.
Just not there yet.

stageman
March 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
My Ol' Pap's WWII side arm.http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=107152&d=1255458450

jstein650
March 11, 2013, 06:59 PM
I've pared my little collection down considerably in the last few years, but just can't seem to bring myself to even consider parting with:

Puma '92 in .44 Mag. (very nice specimen)
Ruger MKII .223 SS sporter w/lam. brown stock. (a 'beaut!)
Winchester 94/22, also Brn. lam. stock (are you kidding?)

Nothing really high dollar, but wonderful to me for sure.

stevek
March 11, 2013, 07:17 PM
Haven't had any handed down to me, so no real sentimental value per se...that said my Ed Brown Kobra Carry is the one that fits the bill more than any of the others.

theshephard
March 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
M1A NM my dad gave me
Armalite M15A2 NM
Win 1866
Mossberg Mariner (why wd I ever not need this?)
I'm really trying to resist saying 'every gun I own'. :D ..but it might be true.

doc2rn
March 11, 2013, 07:57 PM
Ruger Standard my dad went in halves with me on for my b-day.

Grassman
March 11, 2013, 08:01 PM
My dads circa 1968 Ruger M77 .308, that he left me at his death. Not terribly worth a ton of money, maybe 5 to $600. But I will never sell it.

FiremanJim
March 11, 2013, 08:17 PM
My Sig P226 Navy NSW Commemorative. Rare find nowadays. Passing it down to my younger brother when I'm gone.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/jimmytheshank/IMGP0047_zpsac54cb39.jpg

Cast of One
March 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
I'm not going to sell my S and W Model 65 3" but I will give it away when my son is old enough. Out of all the guns in my collection it is my son's favorite.

ApacheCoTodd
March 11, 2013, 08:43 PM
My DCM Garand.
We ran a "qualifying" range on base, shot out M-21s and M-24s iron sighted to qualify (and certify the systems), ordered them through the company FFL and had them delivered through the company's arms room.

It was as close as anyone had come to buying a direct rack-surplus firearm lately. 100% military chain to privately own a standing stock war reserve gun. Too damn cool to ever give up.

'Course, the $170 or whatever it cost came outa our pockets just like back in the day when a fella could buy his company weapon.

All the other semi this, high cap that and optic-ed out others aside, it and my surplus 1911 will no doubt be my "Gran Torino" guns for ever.

What they don't do, I probably don't really need to be doing and they hold seriously strong positions in my heart as well.

Desert Dog
March 11, 2013, 08:46 PM
1953 Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 that was my Dad's.

It has had less than 500 rounds through it. It has serious sentimental value as I killed my 1st deer with it.

ICE1210
March 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
1965 Winchester Mod. 70 from my dad. Glock 22, retired service pistol, Sig.229 personally owned service pistol. I MIGHT sell mother's JP Sauer Drilling if one of the kids needed a transplant.

monet61
March 11, 2013, 09:57 PM
Guess it would be my Colt SAA .45. My wife bought it for me 8 or 10 years ago. It's never going anywhere as long as I'm breathing. And believe it or not, my old 870 I carried in the car for 16 years.

montanaoffroader
March 11, 2013, 10:26 PM
I have several no sell guns, mostly hand me downs from various family members.

The one that I would hang on to if for some reason I could keep only one is the Winchester Centennial 66 rifle that my mother bought for my father in.......1966!

I went with her when she picked it out, went with her when she made the layaway payments (the LGS owner was one of my dad's good friends), and was there when she picked it up.

It is still like new in box, complete with hang tags etc.

Sadly, my mother passed a few years ago. When I visited my dad last year, he boxed it up and handed it to me, saying "I'm not going to wait until I pass to give this to you, I want you to have it now that way there is no question about what I want".

Hopefully I can pass it on to one of my daughters or one of their (future) children. If none of them appreciate it, I have nephew who does. One way or another, I will try to keep it in the family.

egg250
March 11, 2013, 10:30 PM
I like them all. I have a Savage Model 60 that was my Grandfather's. Certainly not the most expensive gun I own, but would never part with it....until I give it to my son.

ROAshooter
March 11, 2013, 10:35 PM
I have a pair of S&Ws.....circa 1972....a m17 and a m19.....that are twins.....TT....TH...TG.....flawless deep blueing....both 6inch....with matching sights.....that during a S&W demo at the gun shop I frequented...tuned them to match on trigger pull wieght....and trigger stops........they are kept company by big uncle m29.....same age and finish......they just are not made like these anymore

G'dale Mike
March 11, 2013, 10:52 PM
It's a long list, first, my grandfather was a professional ballplayer and managed the Atlanta Braves for a while. The team Doctor, gave my grandfather his side arm from world war 2, a Remington Rand 1911, with dress and field holsters.
My other grandfather immigrated from Sicily as a small child. His father owned a mom and pop store, as did he. I have his p-38, he always called it his "Luger", complete with holster and mags.
Next, my father also had mom and pop store, until neighborhoods began to disentegrate in the 70's. his daily carry gun was a nickel S&W 38, the one after the hand ejector, before the model 10, excuse my brain laxity, as its been a long day.
My Christensen Arms extreme hunter 2 in 300 win mag, my unfired 1953 featherweight winchester model 70 , my dcm garand, my 1903-a3 , enfield 1917, 1951 winchester mod 70 30-06, my high school graduation present, colt trooper 357, my grandfather's browning a-5 with weaver red dot sight(60's or very early 70's) this was his quail gun, his remington model 11 20 ga that he taught me to quail hunt with., last ,, my quackenbush 50 cal air rifle. That leaves about 10 or more firearms that i am not quiet so sentimentaly attatched to, but prob will never let go either

Agsalaska
March 11, 2013, 11:02 PM
Threads like this kill me for three reasons. 1. All of the guns I grew up with were stolen from a safe(they got the safe) out of my uncles barn in 1996. I had gone off to college and my mom didnt want them in the house after dad passed. They got everything. 2. My grandad took a Luger off an officer the day after Hitler died. He was a supply officer and his Luger was in real good condition. My grandpa literally sat on him not knowing he was hiding under the seat. When we moved him in the old folks home he, for whatever, reason, sold it to a gun shop for $200. I thought my dad was going to kill him. He never did forgive him. 3. My other grandpa fought in WW1. His Colt from the war is locked in a closet in a family dispute. I am the only direct male alive and should get it. THey all agree on who gets the gun. Its everything else they cant agree on.

Thanks for letting me get that out.

But I do have a couple of guns I wont let go of. In fact, I wont let go of any of them. Ever. Even though I have only shot maybe 10% of them and have no intention of changing that. Its a problem I have. But I dont plan on dealing with it.

I suppose the one gun I will never ever ever get rid of is My S&W 629(I think) Stainless Alaskan in 44 mag. I carried it in Alaska for four years. My grandkids are going to think that one is pretty cool.

armedaccountant
March 12, 2013, 12:34 AM
Pretty unexciting, a Ruger Mark III 22/45. It was the first gun I owned, the one my wife and her family taught me to shoot with. Did I mention how cool my wife was?

Old Dog
March 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
I've whittled down my collection to the point where I finally decided there's nothing I have that I'd ever trade away or sell unless I undergo a seriously dire family emergency ...

But at the top of my list, guns I will pass down to my children: a mint S&W 19-3 (4"), a mint Colt's Series 70 1911, a cherry S&W Model 15 (4"), my cherry West German SIG P-226 and two Colt's LE-6920 M-4s (my American Rifles).

Ignition Override
March 12, 2013, 01:12 AM
The only M-1 Garand that I own is at the top, to be followed fairly soon by a second Service Grade.

Historical significance, design ('55 SA action), aperture sights, style, power: in that order.
The bore appears to be chrome lined, maybe because it seems to have missed combat.

JoeDaddy
March 12, 2013, 01:13 AM
The two I would never part with are my first shot gun, a Remington 11-48 in 410, and my first pistol, sw model 19 357. Neither is collector grade but both are in very good condition.

Arkansas Paul
March 12, 2013, 01:23 AM
Mine is an old Winchester single barrel 16 gauge that a pawn shop wouldn't give $100 for. My grandfather traded an old car for it back in the day. It's shot countless rabbits, squirells, game birds, and one peeping tom that I know of back in the 50s. Didn't kill him but they dug birdshot out of him for a while I bet. My dad still laughs when he tells the story. His older brother stepped out onto the porch and saw a guy peeping in their sister's bedroom window. As the perve ran off, he put the front sight on his hind end and let him have it. I would imagine a man would be arrested for that nowadays, but things were a little different then.
My dad and his brothers used it back in the day when their father counted their shells and their game, and if they had missed, they better have a good reason.
I'm the 3rd Paul to have it.
I'm getting light strikes with it now and need to have the firing pin replaced I guess. I'd like to take it squirrel hunting one day, just because.

ryan3465
March 12, 2013, 01:42 AM
The Smith & Wesson Model 19 my father carried when he began his 31 year career as a police officer

Iramo94
March 12, 2013, 01:45 AM
I have a couple...
-Marlin Mod. 60, rifle I learned to shoot on.
-Dad's duty gun, Smith and Wesson 5906.

Deer_Freak
March 12, 2013, 01:48 AM
None of my guns are for sale. I bought them all because I wanted them. I don't sell stuff I want to keep.

BigBore44
March 12, 2013, 02:04 AM

BigBoreJay
March 12, 2013, 02:05 AM
The long story of my .22 trilogy. This story begins in 1957, three years before I was born.

My dad, who had just completed a tour with the U.S. Navy, was a member of the Air Force, and was stationed at Offutt AFB in Omaha, Nebraska. In the PX he spotted a pair of .22 Remington 510 TargetMaster rifles. $17.50 later, he was on his way up to my GrandPa Elmer’s farm near Moorhead, Iowa, to give one a workout. The rifle turned out to be a tack-driver (all of these guns are), and GrandPa Elmer was impressed enough that he asked my Pop to go back and get the other one for him. Pop decided to just give Elmer that gun, and Pop purchased the other one for himself when he returned to Offutt. Pop ate a lot of rabbit and squirrel taken with that second 510, but he eventually traded it for some other piece. Meanwhile, the original rifle lived a quiet life in the basement ceiling joists of the old farmhouse. I’m not sure if Elmer ever shot it. But growing up, it was always the highlight of a trip to the farm to take “the gun” out behind the house, set a few cans on the fence posts, and poke holes in them.

Years later Elmer retired, sold the farm, and moved into town. The rifle found a new place in a closet by the back door of the new house. I’d ask to look at it on every visit, but it seemed like I would never again get to shoot it. I guess old Elmer knew how much I admired that rifle, because in 1975 or 1976, I was elated when he passed the gun down to me – it was mine! I didn’t understand the tradition of passing things down, but suddenly I understood how it felt to win the lottery, especially since it bypassed two older brothers to get to me!

It became a project that Pop and I worked on together – reshaping the pistol grip, adding flutes, and shortening the “clubby” (Pop’s word) fore-end of the stock. We added attachment points for a sling, and had the receiver milled to accept modern scope rings. Although it had been fired very little, the years took their toll on the finish, so the last step was to have it re-blued. It was a great time of learning and bonding with Pop during some troubled times for me.

I’d always been aware that there were three guns in this family; the 510 single-shot, the 511 which had a 6-shot clip, and the 512 which had a 16-shot tube magazine. At some point it became a goal to have all three, finished and blued as identically as possible. Over the years I found a 512 at a pawn shop, then a 511 at another pawn shop. It was always in the back of my mind that the original 510 was “different”, and just last year Pop found another 510 and gave it to me, 35+ years after Elmer gave me the original farm rifle. So now I have the original AND three factory correct rifles!

Pop/GrandPa's original 510
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b452/Trap_E_Zoid/IMG_3417.jpg

The 'Family"
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b452/Trap_E_Zoid/IMG_3413.jpg

thump_rrr
March 12, 2013, 02:46 AM
1961 Vincenzo Bernardelli 12ga.
My late Father was really old school.
All you need is one shot to take an animal is what he told me whenever I was young and was trying to convince him to buy the nice SxS Beretta he kept eying whenever we would go buy ammo.

The amount of hares, partridge, and pheasant he brought home with that gun was incredible.
Sometimes he and my uncle would go out hunting together both using the same gun to hunt.
The thing that stuck in my mind was that they didn't go hunting in camp or plaid but a suit and overcoat with rubber boots on.
I'm not that old but it was quite different than it is now.

Ragnar Danneskjold
March 12, 2013, 02:50 AM
My first AR. Just a Bushmaster that I modified quite a bit. Not the best quality, but it's what I really learned on. 12,000+ rounds through it over the past 6 years or so. It's beat to hell but every ding and scratch is a memory of shooting and training with it. I've built better rifles since, but any time I do some serious AR shooting or training, it at least comes with me as a backup.

ColtPythonElite
March 12, 2013, 04:17 AM
Polished 6" Colt King Cobra that I bought new back in 1990. At a mere $335, it still set me back about 2 weeks pay.

bannockburn
March 12, 2013, 06:43 AM
That would be a customized Colt Combat Commander I bought nearly 35 years ago. As accurate as a Gold Cup, incredibly reliable, and it has one of the sweetest triggers that I have ever encountered on a M1911 pistol.

bikerdoc
March 12, 2013, 08:17 AM
I commented already on mine but I am reminded of the old NEF sentinel 22 my Grandpa had and I used as a kid. He promised it to me He died in 68 when I was in the Nam. My cousin took it and sold it for drugs.
It took me until last year to find one like it. That will be the second to last to go.

And yes, I dealt with my cousin.

fanchisimo
March 12, 2013, 08:53 AM
I don't remember the model numbers but there's an old Ithaca semi-auto shotgun made in the 60's, and a Marlin bolt action single shot 22. that were my grandpa's. Everything else are guns that I have purchased.

Chevelle SS
March 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
A Winchester 9422 that my Dad gave me. It was my first gun.

bluekouki86
March 12, 2013, 09:46 AM
1929 Ithaca Single Barrel Trap 12 gauge grade 5e
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Bluekouki86/20130208_194605_zpsd8664086.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Bluekouki86/20130208_194622_zps4f050c92.jpg

Akita1
March 12, 2013, 11:07 AM
My "first" - a SIG P226 9mm I bought in 1991 when I was 25. No good story or pedigree, just my first one.

KMatch
March 12, 2013, 11:42 AM
What?? You guys actually sell guns?? Not me! If I own it, it's because I wanted it or inherited it, so either way, selling isn't an option. I have too many regrets from poor judgement in the past of getting rid of stuff I never should have. I also have plans for more guns to never sell - a 1911, .45 revolver, and a S&W model 29. Sigh...

1 son-in-law is already eyeing some of mine planning his inheritance so I keep an eye on him when we're hunting!

Claude Clay
March 12, 2013, 11:46 AM
I've been disaccumulating for 2 years now, but among my 'never-sell' are:
kimber from 1997 http://shooting096.JPG
colt 1903, a P7 & a Sig C3 and a Trailside.
my cowboy guns cause they are so much all around fun

OldBrownDog
March 12, 2013, 12:00 PM
On the never sell list are a pair of Savages I got from my grandfather, a Model 3A single shot .22 made around 1933, and a Model 220L single shot 20 ga. On my list of guns I would have to be in dire straits to even consider selling: a Winchester 1300 (my first gun), a Marlin 39A, a 1961 Winchester 94 (my father's favorite gun) and an S&W Model 65 (my first centerfire handgun).

ball3006
March 12, 2013, 01:08 PM
The gun that was my very first gun purchase in 1962. A Ruger standard auto pistol.....chris3

Frank44
March 12, 2013, 01:51 PM
My S&W 629 4in. barrel. My do anything handgun.

Cricoid
March 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'd never sell my grandfather's Model 19-3 that he carried on duty as a cop throughout the 80s. I shoot it regularly. Not only is it a priceless family heirloom but I shoot it better than anything I own! I think of him every time I get it out of the safe.

TriTone
March 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
Would have to be my Kimber Grand Raptor II that my girlfriend got me for my birthday last year. Will stop by and post a picture later :)

Prophet
March 12, 2013, 05:18 PM
My first gun, a Marlin 30-30 lever action (sentimental and practical value) and my Marixa-Eibar/Parker & Ballard Points Best SxS .410 that I received from an elderly woman in return for installing a length of ceiling tiles (I've scored more game and made more memories with that gun than any other I've had). Come to think of it, all of my firearms except for my AR and 1911 have something sentimental attached to them and I'd be hard pressed to sell any.

beatledog7
March 12, 2013, 05:35 PM
No heirlooms in my safe, so they all have a price.

rugerman
March 12, 2013, 05:38 PM
My Ruger #1 .270. Its been my go to deer gun for over 30 years, my youngest son killed his first deer with it when he was 7, his older brother used it to kill his first deer at 10, its been loaned out to several of my friends kids to kill their first deer. Very accurate with a great trigger. Lots of memories with that gun. When I die it goes to my oldest son (youngest died 4 years ago). Its priceless to me.!

ch45x7
March 12, 2013, 06:50 PM
I have 4 right now that I will never part with.
First is the Remington .22 bolt action left to me by my Grandfather. He died a few months after I was born, but I was named after him since I was his first grandson. He told my father specifically that he wanted me to get his rifle, so that rifle is not going anywhere no matter what.
Second is my M1 Garand I bought from the CMP a few years back.
Third is my daily carry Colt New Agent in 45ACP.
Last is my Colt Series 70 1911.

Everything else is great and fun to shoot, but I can live without them.

SK2344
March 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
Guess it would be my Colt SAA .45. My wife bought it for me 8 or 10 years ago. It's never going anywhere as long as I'm breathing. And believe it or not, my old 870 I carried in the car for 16 years.
I also had Second Generation SAA in Excellent condition that was my "No Sell Gun" but I sold it last week to a friend of mine for $1400.00. I threw in a custom made belt and holster along with about 150 rounds of .45 ammo. I started to think about the reality of owning this gun that had been in my closet for about 4 years and finally decided to sell my "No Sell Gun". I am not a Gun Collector and I buy them to shoot, not to take out a gun every so often to admire it or clean it! IMO, there is no such thing as a NSG and I just proved this to myself!

22250Rem
March 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
All my "never sell" stuff is basically guns that were in my family. The Mod. 67 Winchester .22 my dad bought in the late '30's. The 16 ga. Iver Johnson Champion single barrel shotgun that he got about 1940 or '41 that I had re-blued and re-casehardened back in 1978. A Stevens 820-B 12 ga. pump that belonged to an older cousin who we lost in a car wreck in 1962 when I was 12. A Marlin 30-AS levergun (economy grade 336) in .30-30 that I inherited from an uncle along with the German Luger that he liberated from Germany's V-2 rocket factory in 1945 when Uncle Sam went in and cleaned the place out. He spoke fluent German and was there as an interpretor. As for stuff that I bought for myself it would be the High Standard Flight King 12 ga. pump I bought new in Nov. 1968 and the M1-A I got in 1989 because of the M-14 that I qualified with in the Marine Corps in 1969. Then there's the Ruger Mod.77 .25-06 I got my first 2 antelope with in 2003 and the Savage Mod. 10 in 300 WSM that filled an antelope tag and my first-ever mule deer tag in 2006. If you're interested in any of the aforementioned guns you'll have to wait until I expire and then talk to my son, (he's the executor of my estate and will inherit them).

oldgold
March 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
Have to be either one of these. B-78 and 1885. Both from dead friends estates.
Both purchased at the high end of their value but worth twice the price in memories.

marv
March 12, 2013, 09:31 PM
Mine is my late Dad's Forehand Arms break-open 16ga. He bought it in 1911 at age 18 and put a new penny under the buttplate. Sad to say the penny has withstood the years better than the gun has.

Arkansas Paul
March 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
Both purchased at the high end of their value but worth twice the price in memories.

Money and value aren't always related are they? :)

Sauer Grapes
March 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
I've have a Remington 511 scoremaster 22 and a LeFever nitro special 16ga that my dear grandfather gave me 40+ years ago. I'll probably give them to my nephew at some point. I already gave him my father's Colt targetsman.

Never sell? Probably not, but you never know. I don't think he would have mind if I did. Hardly a day goes by I don't think about him. Amazing man. :)

Romeo 33 Delta
March 12, 2013, 10:47 PM
My Marlin 81DL that was given to me by my Dad 58 years ago (for my 10th Christmas). I have many, many other firearms ... nearly all "worth" more than that Marlin ... but none are more PRICELESS.

And, YES, I still shoot it EVERY YEAR and think of Dad who's been gone for 33years and I miss him still! THANKS, POP!

berettaprofessor
March 12, 2013, 10:54 PM
CZ452, Beretta Steel 1, Colt 1903, Springfield EMP 9.

788Ham
March 13, 2013, 01:35 AM
It has to be the Savage '99 .300 my Pop gave me 8 years ago before he passed on. I'd admired that rifle since I was old enough to traipse along behind him deer hunting. I remember, what I thought, horrific boom it made when he'd spotted a big 4 point Mule deer and dropped him. Mom had given that rifle to Pop in '47, it still shoots dead on too. Remembering that smell of Hoppe's in the kitchen when he cleaned it, that same smell today sure brings back some memories. I shoot it once in awhile, get teary eyed when I'm loading it, thinking of him, I sure miss you Pop.

bobinoregon
March 13, 2013, 01:41 AM
Tie between the Stag AR-15 my wife bought me for christmas a couple years ago and my grand dad/dads 1875 Colt .45, neither will ever leave my possesion

michaelbsc
March 13, 2013, 03:25 AM
My great grandfather's breech load Stevens single shot 12 ga. It's ugly and missing the fore stock. But it wouldn't be for sale for any money, even if it really was valuable, which it isn't.

Godsgunman
March 13, 2013, 09:47 AM
After reading all these stories, isn't it "funny" how these tools have such a big part of our lives. My daughter is 3 this week and I have a son due in May and I know that my grandfather would be mighty proud to know the same gun he trained me on will be the same I train my children on.

HoosierQ
March 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
For good or bad, I don't own a gun that doesn't have a price on it. I just take the proceeds and buy something else. During these times, with the shelves at the gun stores rather empty, the price is a lot higher.

You got the cash, I got the gun for you!

Roadking Rider
March 13, 2013, 10:05 AM
I have quite a few guns that I really like. But being a realist, if the money was more than right there isn't a one I wouldn't sell. There only guns and it's not like I can't get more. I had a Harley a long time ago that I said I'd never sell. Then I did and bought another Harley.:D

JustinJ
March 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
My grandfather's Winchester 94 holds the most sentimental value.

My favorites are my HKP2000sk, enhanced Colt 6720 and Steyr AUG.

xXxplosive
March 13, 2013, 10:48 AM
My S&W Model 36 Chief Special that I carried for 18yrs......saved my arse twice.

Mr. D
March 13, 2013, 11:00 AM
I don't have any family guns. My uncles got all of one Grandpa's guns. My Dad once had a Marlin 60 from my other Grandpa, but he traded it in on a Henry lever .22 at my request when I was too young to know better! That really gets me now. It even had the gold trigger!

My really-never-ever-sell guns are these:

http://www.cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_5728.jpg
Original Marlin 1894, rechambered for .357 in the 1930's.

http://cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Ruger-New-Vaquero-Right-Side-Small.jpg
Ruger New Vaquero, .357 Mag - My first gun. My Dad bought it for me to use when I was 17 and sold it to me when I was old enough. Boy, I really need to get some better pics of this gun!

http://cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ColtDragoon-01-Blog.jpg
Uberti repro Colt Dragoon - This gun is SO COOL! More pics here (http://cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/colt-dragoon/).

http://cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Remington34NRA-02-Blog1.jpg
Remington 34 NRA, .22 L/S/LR - Best deal I have ever made on a gun! Handles well, shoots well, quality gun... I guess it fits me really well. I've put less than 100 rounds through it and already it feels like part of me. More pics here (http://cocktailsgunsconfederates.com/remington-model-34-22-rifle/).

Great thread!

~D

huntsman
March 13, 2013, 11:48 AM
three inherited guns I'll never sell or turn in also two I've bought my BSS and BDA

mljdeckard
March 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
I don't sell guns at all anymore, I have always regretted it. I have a few guns that were my father's and grandfather's, including a 1917 Enfield, a Model '97 16 ga, and an M-1 carbine.

Hondodawg
March 13, 2013, 01:51 PM
My fathers Rem 512 and great grand fathers Win model 71.

OpelBlitz
March 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
I have two - an Ithaca M-49 falling block that my grandparents gave me many years ago, and my IBM M1 Carbine that I have been using for HD.

SabbathWolf
March 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
Milled Arsenal of Bulgaria SLR95.
Banned from import for a while now.
Absolutely the best shooting AK I've ever touched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/SLR954.jpg

greenmtnguy
March 13, 2013, 03:57 PM
I have a JC Higgins Model 21 Deluxe 3" 20 gauge pump shotgun (with polychoke) that my parents bought for my grandfather for a birthday present over 40 years ago. After his passing, my grandmother gave it to me. It is still my favorite grouse gun, and even though I have much more expensive rifles, shotdguns, and pistols in the safe, the history of this gun and the stories that it brings back to memory make it truly the last firearm I would ever sell.

bigdogpete
March 13, 2013, 10:33 PM
My grandfather's external hammer LC Smith side by side. Made early 1900's. It is priceless to me. Hopefully it will not be classified as an assault weapon in the future.

dvdcrr
March 13, 2013, 10:40 PM
none they all have a price. I have bought and sold guns over 2000 dollars without so much as a wince. The only ones I won't sell are those that are not mine to do so.
To me they are chunks of wood or metal. They cannot reciprocate emotion.

captmoto
March 14, 2013, 12:23 AM
My IHC M1 Garand.

michaelbsc
March 14, 2013, 02:00 AM
For good or bad, I don't own a gun that doesn't have a price on it. I just take the proceeds and buy something else. During these times, with the shelves at the gun stores rather empty, the price is a lot higher.

You got the cash, I got the gun for you!

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If there's no emotional or sentimental attachment then it's just a thing.

I'm sure there are other things in your life that have enough value that you would keep them. People have anchors that make them human, connecting them to some kind of bonds. The fact that those things are different for each of us isn't a surprise. What would be a surprise is if you meet someone who values nothing.

Trent
March 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
This one is easy.

http://i.imgur.com/xR2C9l.jpg

Godsgunman
March 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
^^^^ Wow, now that's a home defense weapon right there. Neighborhood defense even :p.

BigG
March 14, 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't think I have one. Make me an offer.

natman
March 14, 2013, 02:58 PM
I have my grandfather's Winchester 1894 in 30-30 that he bought new in 1926. I'm the second owner. It's not going anywhere in my lifetime.

I also have a Webley in 38/200 (aka 38 S&W). It was one of the last batch of 250 Webley revolvers ever made. It's blued and came in a presentation case. An amazing reminder of a bygone era.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/nat_mann/Webleyoneof250.jpg

valnar
March 14, 2013, 03:49 PM
I have several that I've customized, so not only did I make it the way *I* want it, but I would never get back the money I put into it. By default, that makes it a 'never sell' gun.

Of my stock, non-customized guns, I like these the best:

Smith 625 PC in .45ACP
Smith 686 Mountain Gun
Dan Wesson PM7-S (1911)
CZ Vz. 58

My list of custom guns is much longer. Nothing Earth shattering by collectors standards though.

sonick808
March 14, 2013, 04:46 PM
i never sell ANY guns. it always leads to regret. So, all of them. However, those that would actually hurt me would be any of my dad's guns; especially the 1967 super single six (.22LR with WMR cylinder) with bluing as deep as the ocean and a 1965 39a Golden Mountie .22 rifle that is so consistently accurate it's frightening.

crestoncowboy
March 14, 2013, 05:01 PM
Any I inherited or got as gifts. If someone thought enough of me to leave or give it to me I will keep it. I am always saddened by the people my age on pawn stars, or combat pawn, or in local stores, who inherit things and immediately take them to sell.

Trung Si
March 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
I would sell None, period!:cuss:

nwilliams
March 14, 2013, 05:38 PM
I have three...

My Richard Heinie 1911.....
Why: Because I'll never get another one, this was one he built for himself recently and then traded with me on. He stopped taking orders on guns several years back.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Kimber%20Pro%20Carry%20II/kimber-3_zps4539fb2c.jpg

And my Sig 551-2 SP SWAT.....
Why: I've waited my entire life to own an original Sig 55x style rifle, no way I'd part with it!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Sig%20551-2%20SP%20SWAT/sig551-1_zps5106e0c2.jpg

Finally my Jim Hoag custom High Power.....
Why: I just love shooting this gun!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Hoag%20Hi%20Power/BHP-VZ-2.jpg

Trent
March 14, 2013, 05:54 PM
^^^^ Wow, now that's a home defense weapon right there. Neighborhood defense even :p.

I bought it when I heard a rumor that there might be an upcoming "Drone" season. :)

mookiie
March 14, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mine is my M48A, because it was the first rifle I ever owned. I purchased it the day I turned 18 in 2001.

mookiie
March 14, 2013, 05:59 PM
Trent - what is that badass thing?

Iggy
March 14, 2013, 06:02 PM
.41 Magnum M&P model
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/Iggy25/Obsidian.jpg
This one rode on my hip as a duty sidearm for 13 years.
We were in some squabbles, but we got home every night.

I will go to my son when I'm done with it.

SabbathWolf
March 14, 2013, 08:01 PM
I have three...

My Richard Heinie 1911.....
Why: Because I'll never get another one, this was one he built for himself recently and then traded with me on. He stopped taking orders on guns several years back.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Kimber%20Pro%20Carry%20II/kimber-3_zps4539fb2c.jpg

And my Sig 551-2 SP SWAT.....
Why: I've waited my entire life to own an original Sig 55x style rifle, no way I'd part with it!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Sig%20551-2%20SP%20SWAT/sig551-1_zpsba212bfb.jpg

Finally my Jim Hoag custom High Power.....
Why: I just love shooting this gun!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/Hoag%20Hi%20Power/BHP-VZ-2.jpg
Man that 1911 is beautiful.

Trent
March 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
Trent - what is that badass thing?

Soviet DShK Heavy Machinegun. Was torch cut in 7 places, imported, and re-built as an ATF approved semiautomatic by Midwest Metal Works. During the rebuild, Dennis also converted it over from 12.7mm (soviet 50) to US 50 BMG. Which is fortunate, because Soviet 12.7mm is scarce as hens teeth in the US. :)

It's a great design, if heavy and cumbersome. There's only a few which are ATF approved in the United States.

It differs from most of my gun collection because

A) I need a crew with strong backs, to move it, set it up, and fire it
B) Running the weapon involves big wrenches, heavy hammers, and lots of cussing
C) Everyone within 5 miles will come to see "what in the hell is making all that noise?" when you shoot it.
D) Stoppages get interesting, and involve hammers, wrenches, pry bars, and LOTS of cussing. (Had a feed pawl get derailed during the last shoot, was a real pain to fix)
E) Your A-gunner takes a beating and will cuss a lot at you.

EDIT:

F) Cleaning it involves strong backs, big tools, LOTS of time, and LOTS of cussing.

exbrit49
March 14, 2013, 10:38 PM
I used one when in the army cadets in the UK, fell in love with them and finally got one of my own. Still get to relive the thrill of that first time I shot one.
It comes out of the safe about every six weeks or so and 10 to 20 rounds go down range. Its the #1-mk4 from 1949 and in really nice condition and I have enough POF ammo to keep it going for quite a few years. Luckily brass and bullets are still available. One of these days I might have to consider hand loading for this one, its the only caliber I don't currently load.

Hypnogator
March 14, 2013, 11:50 PM
The Detonics .45 I picked up at the factory in Seattle in 1977.
The Krag carbine that I've taken more deer with than any rifle I own.
The S&W 2.5" Model 19 Combat Magnum I've had for more than 40 years.
The Remington Nylon 66 that was my first gun.
The Remington Model 11 that was my grandpa's hunting gun.
The Winchester Model 12 trap gun that I still shoot trap with.
The Winchester Model 14 skeet gun that I won at a Winchester shoot in 1969.
The .30 Carbine my dad got from the DCM for $20.

hotajax
March 14, 2013, 11:56 PM
My dad's Winchester Model 12 with a full choke. What an excellent trap gun it has become!!

Mac2
March 15, 2013, 12:07 AM
No question on mine. My Dad bought an early Ruger Blackhawk .41 mag (It's on a Super Blackhawk frame). At about 13 or 14 years old, Me and my 2 brothers had it sent off to Magnaport for Christmas to try and tame that thing some. I am 49 now. My Dad passed Christmas day in '09. I got the Ruger. I have since had a full engraving from Jim Downing (Fantastic engraver!) with some very special sentimental themes, along with some pearl grips. I shoot it fairly regular as my Dad and I did when I was a kid. It is absolutely my BBQ gun. There is no monetary value anyone could give me for this beautiful memory and tribute.

Second would have to be the .38 Diamondback Mom and Dad got me as a high school graduation present.

Arkansas Paul
March 15, 2013, 01:47 AM
Mac, we would love to see a pic of your dad's Ruger. Sounds awesome.

NosaMSirhC
March 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
My Dads H&K USPc. 40 with LEM trigger.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk HD

Certaindeaf
March 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
Donkey jawbones are to be found in the ditch and whatnot.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is your most priceless/never sell gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!