Powder Measure Vibrator

PDA

grandpawj
March 11, 2013, 09:07 PM
A month or so ago one of our esteemed members suggested adding a aquarium pump to the powder measure to make a cheap vibrator for more consistent measure in each casing. It works and it is cheap. I got this one new at Wally Place for $6.00, taped a small piece of rubber mat to the bottom so as not to scratch my plastic tube and cut the wire hooks off a couple miniature bungie cords for rubber bands. It works great!! Thanks for the suggestion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder Measure Vibrator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnM
March 11, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hmm, now that's a cool idea. I gotta dig through the junk boxes and see what I have. :cool:

Muddydogs
March 11, 2013, 10:08 PM
I tried the aquarium pump but don't think it does much so I decided that I needed something in the hopper itself. This little gem works great. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00656GCK0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_3 The control unplugs from the cord so its easy to dump powder and set on low it moves the powder well.

Cleftwynd
March 11, 2013, 10:17 PM
Lol! X-rated reloading, cumming soon to a bench near you!!

GT1
March 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
Well, after clicking that link I will think about loading charges differently now.

Fishslayer
March 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
ROFL...:D

They even have a "Colt!"

10 Spot Terminator
March 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
To avoid the risk of your reloading buddies wondering what you might be up to behind closed doors try attaching an engraving tool to the powder dispensers hopper with heavy rubber bands. These shake pretty good and leaves your reputation intact. Highly recommend a powder baffle when doing this as well. If mine ever quits I have held in reserve an old electric massage tool that that straps over the back of your hand that definitely will shake things up.

kingmt
March 12, 2013, 08:51 AM
You could just get the Lee Pro Auto Disk.

ironworkerwill
March 12, 2013, 09:37 AM
thats a great idea! I been taping on mine to make more consistant charges.

Cleftwynd
March 12, 2013, 12:44 PM
I just tore apart and old cell phone, wired the vibrator to a wall wart, installed a switch inline, and attached it to the hopper with a heavy rubber band.

788Ham
March 12, 2013, 01:36 PM
I just give mine a couple of gentle taps with my hand once in awhile, does the trick for me. I'm not going to re-wire something like that just to make the charge come within a 1/10th of a grain, I enjoy reloading, but thats over the top.

Jesse Heywood
March 12, 2013, 02:07 PM
And all this time I've been using a powder baffle, which can be cut from a pop can.

Muddydogs
March 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
I use this for Unique which without the vib can meter poorly. When throwing powder like W748 the vib is not needed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder Measure Vibrator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!