37mm Launcher

PDA

blaisenguns
March 11, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hey guys. I have had a 37mm Havok from Spikes Tactical for a couple months now. I just bought the Stock system and some rounds for it, and I cant wait to shoot it, which brings me to this somewhat silly question. I am aware of the rules regarding registering it in order to use certain types of rounds and all that, but I was wondering if there was a way one could safely and legally shoot a grappling hook? You know for when you have to tactically climb a tree or whatever.

If you enjoyed reading about "37mm Launcher" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
March 11, 2013, 11:26 PM
Still launched via powder, isn't it?

blaisenguns
March 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
Yes, usually black powder.

Navy_Guns
March 18, 2013, 11:08 AM
A grappling hook is not an "anti personnel" round. You get into trouble when you possess the [bore > 0.5" and not a shotgun] device and anti-personnel rounds for it (buckshot, slugs, bean bags, rubber bullets, foam batons, etc.). Or, when you shoot something like a flare round or a smoke round, that would otherwise be acceptable for launching from your 37 mm, at a person. It is illegal to even possess the launcher and AP rounds, even if you never fire them.

I did the Form 1 on my Czech RV-85 26.5 mm and I'm looking to sell my "spare" RV-85 because I don't want to get in any trouble from having AP rounds with a non-Form 4 launcher around. Anyone interested, send me a PM. Since it's not a firearm, I can mail it without an FFL.

If you enjoyed reading about "37mm Launcher" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!