bullet lube missing?

PDA

poor man
March 12, 2013, 01:49 PM
i bought some cast bullets and the lube is partly gone off a few of them. what will happen if they are shot only have half the lube on them?

If you enjoyed reading about "bullet lube missing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Legion489
March 12, 2013, 01:56 PM
Probably nothing. If you are worried, get some Lee Liquid Alox (also sold by quite a few other companies for less money) and lube them again. I like LLA and use it regularly to lube my bullets, even ones with all the lube in the grooves, just seems to cut back on leading.

Walkalong
March 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
gone off a few of themNo worries. Shoot them.

ljnowell
March 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
As walkalong said, it will be no problems at all. I know some people that will dump out the bullets and salvage the lube that broke off, but its a waste of time. Cast bullets leave copious amounts of lube behind in the barrel. You could just about shoot every third bullet unlubed and not have problems, no joke.

In fact, what many people post thinking is bad leading is no more than lube with unburned or burned powder particulate matter stuck to it. BDS had some pics I think of bullet lube left behind in a barrel.

poor man
March 12, 2013, 10:20 PM
thanks guys :)

ljnowell
March 12, 2013, 11:11 PM
thanks guys

No problem, Keep shootin! (and reloading)

If you enjoyed reading about "bullet lube missing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!