What was your last impulse buy that you had buyers remorse over?

PDA

460Kodiak
March 12, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yesterday I found myself looking at a Smith and Wesson, Performance Center 686 Competitor.

When I pulled up that listing on Gunbroker for the third time, my hand started involuntarily clicking the "Buy it Now" button. My hand put the thing on lay away and I will have it paid for in three months..... By the time my brain regained what ever semblance of control I like to pretend it has, I realized that I will soon be the owner of a beautiful S&W PC .357. This is essentially my grail revolver. I've wanted one for several years......

Then I realized I had also purchased a weight loss system that is more effective than Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or P90X, combined............ as I will no longer be purchasing food.

So it made me wonder.

What is the last handgun you bought on impulse because you had to have it, and then kicked yourself afterwards for buying do to the cost?

I'm not talking about regretting buying a gun because it ended up sucking. I just mean buyer's remorse for finances. I have a feeling that once I recieve it, the price will be a distant memory. Until then though, I will feel this one for awhile.

No pics until it's mine..... as I don't own it yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "What was your last impulse buy that you had buyers remorse over?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Havok7416
March 12, 2013, 03:35 PM
I got into a situation several years back where I ended up buying a gun a week or so. It took two months to realize that I didn't have the income to support that type of spending. Some of the memorable guns from that timeframe include an M1 Garand, H&K USC, a Savage 210, a Mosin-Nagant M44, a S&W 629, a Beretta 96, a S&W 640 and an FN 5.7. I still have most of them but only because I sold off a bunch more to pay the bills.

Arkansas Paul
March 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
I have done that once before. I purchased a crossbow with bolts, broadheads, target, etc. when I really couldn't afford it.
I have a family, so needless to say, I felt like crap for a while. My wife wasn't too hard on me, though she would have been justified if she had been. I apologized to her for my selfishness and since then, have made double certain I could afford it before I made a large purchase.
I don't know if you're married or not, but that's my bone headed move.

460Kodiak
March 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
Not married. No kids. So I guess it isn't so bad. Still kicking myself a bit though.

wlewisiii
March 12, 2013, 04:21 PM
Mauser C96 Broomhandle. Turned into a money pit that couldn't hit anything. Over the target when aimed center of mass at 15 yards. This was after relining. I managed to sell it for what I had in it in cash but part of what I used to get it was a traded near mint pencil barrel S&W Model 10 & _that_ I really miss.

Zeke/PA
March 12, 2013, 05:46 PM
Buyer's remorse?
I expirence that whenever I buy a gun and have had for years.
Fortunately the "feeling" soon leaves ESPECIALLY when I start shooting the recent purchase.
I REALLY do not need any more guns as I have MOST of the desired item catergory covered!

tubeshooter
March 12, 2013, 06:13 PM
Not really buyer's remorse in the classic sense, and not because of the money. I tend to get pretty modest stuff. One day I was thinking about the average cost, and I think it comes out to right at $333 per item.

More like... either I didn't really need and don't use it, or it was an impulse buy that approximated something I really wanted but couldn't find at the time. That second one will bite you; I have learned not to settle.

Besides - you always go on to get what you originally intended anyway.

I got into a situation several years back where I ended up buying a gun a week or so. It took two months to realize that I didn't have the income to support that type of spending.

I wasn't buying too often, but I did put two or three on a credit card and failed to pay it off promptly. I have learned that lesson as well. Don't do that. Paying cash or debit only helps keep things in line much better, at least for me.

Arkansas Paul
March 12, 2013, 06:24 PM
I wasn't buying too often, but I did put two or three on a credit card and failed to pay it off promptly. I have learned that lesson as well.

Yep. That will turn those $333 purchases into $550-$600 ones in a hurry if you're paying the minimum payment. You're right. That's not a good idea.

MrBorland
March 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
I've recognized my impulsive side long ago, and have gotten pretty good at enduring "The Call" until it subsides, so it's rare I buy a gun without giving it a lot of thought and research.

I don't know if you're married or not

LOL. :D Yeah, I immediately thought of this, too. Not being the financial island I once was definitely helps keep The Call in check. ;)

jad0110
March 12, 2013, 07:07 PM
When I pulled up that listing on Gunbroker for the third time, my hand started involuntarily clicking the "Buy it Now" button.

I sort of had one like that. I was watching a live auction on a 1920 DWM P08 Luger. The price looked very good at $500. But the moment I clicked the live "bid now" button, about a bunch of other bidder did the exact same thing within .2 seconds ... and I was the HIGH bidder. It wasn't a terrible price, but instead of a great deal, I probably overpaid by $150, including shipping and auction fees. Pissed me off a bit. I learned not to use the live bid button, but enter my max bid and let it be.

Far worse than that was a near 20 year old SUV I bought recently for $3200 to use on family fishing and camping trips. I knew it needed some work (about $2,300 worth), and I figured that would be it and the total price would still be good. I've got about $7,000 in repairs in it now, and it is still climbing, with something new breaking every 50 miles or so. :banghead:

Teachu2
March 12, 2013, 07:38 PM
My first wife. :evil:

newfalguy101
March 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
Not myself personally, BUT, a customer of mine bought a Ruger M-77 lefthand 22-250 on Gunbroker and had it shipped to me for transfer.

Gun came in last Thursday, I contacted him via e-mail. Saturday he replied asking me to sell it for him as he found out the previous evening his wife is expecting again, and he felt guilty for buying the rifle.

Anybody interested in a NIB Ruger M-77 Hawkeye Lefty 22-250???

oldbear
March 12, 2013, 08:12 PM
What was your last impulse buy that you had buyers remorse over?

My last impulse buy was an S7W M-586, but I don't have any remorse over it, just the opposite.

mrwhite1
March 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
460Kodiak, congratulations! Trust me when you open that box and gaze at that beauty eating roots and sticks to get you by those months will be worth it! Guarantee!

460Kodiak
March 13, 2013, 08:59 AM
Trust me when you open that box and gaze at that beauty eating roots and sticks to get you by those months will be worth it! Guarantee!

LOL! I suspect you are correct! I remember the first time I saw a 629-5 PC on gunbroker about 2.5 years ago. It is the same design but in 44 magnum and had an unflutted cylinder. It was NIB and I bid $1000. It sold for $1400. The same gun NIB is now selling on gunbroker for something like close to $3000. I wish I had bid higher. I started muttering to myself "I have to have this gun. I wish it was in .357 because it would be a lot cheaper to shoot, but I have to have this gun anyway......." I have a 460 mag so a 44 mag is a little redundant for me, not that I don't want one anyway. Now I'll have one in .357.... ok, I'm excited. At the moment I only have a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag, so I really wanted a highly accurate range gun in .357 with a 6" bbl. I could hunt with this gun in certain places too. Patience is going to be hard on this one.

I know many people consider Colt snake guns to be the pinacle of modern SA/DA revolvers, but this is my dream revolver. Huh, I now realize I'm paying the same amount I would be for a Python. :banghead: Well, honestly, I want the 686 more than a Python anyway.

It will be getting a set of Nills grips put on it, I will be attempting to find a holster for it, thouhg I suspect I'll be going to a leather worker and having one made custom, and it will be passed on in my family after I'm gone. My nephew will likely get it.

It will be an heirloom to my kingdom.... my precious :scrutiny:...... Ummm, I mean no... talking like that is weird. "What did I pay?" Musn't ask! Not it's business!....... golum, golum.... :D

hemiram
March 18, 2013, 01:15 AM
It's been a long time since I bought a gun on impulse that I regretting buying. For a while, I don't know why, but almost every new gun I bought was a lemon. The used ones were fine. I would have to say the last impulse gun I regretted buying was my Colt Combat Commander. Looked pretty, shot badly. Very badly. Colt not only didn't fix it, they scratched the slide all up! It didn't have one well machined part. I think it was the most expensive gun I ever bought. I lucked out and a Colt fanatic bought it so I was only out a hundred bucks or so.

highpower
March 18, 2013, 02:18 AM
I seldom buy new guns and when I do, I try to buy them for the lowest price I can negotiate. Most of my purchases are older guns that I have wanted for years and for one reason or the other I don't have yet. I am set to retire next year and since my income will be much less than it is now, I am making an effort to get as many as I can while I have the income to do so.

In order to afford to buy them at the rate that I am currently maintaining (around one every two-three weeks), I am working two jobs and also do welding/fabrication jobs at home at night. I am almost done with getting the "must have" guns and am now starting to buy the ones that are just really good deals.

The only remorse I have, is that I still have only so much money to spend.

Shuler13
March 18, 2013, 02:50 AM
My first wife. :evil:

Agree. Been there.

Shuler13
March 18, 2013, 02:54 AM
Bought a used glock 19 for $459; I had a glock 22 before and sold it. I kept hearing how the g19 was the ultimate all everything wonder-9. First range trip I remembered why I sold the G22. I just don't like Glocks. Between it and my other polymer 9mm, it was third or fourth in preference. I sold it a month later along with the two extra mags and new night sights I added when I bought it. I broke even, but I have to admit the remorse set in shortly after the purchase.

evan price
March 18, 2013, 03:46 AM
A couple of years ago I was at my local gunstore and discovered they had gotten in a large amount of S&W Model 66's from a police trade. This was just before Christmas.

I wound up putting a very nice 4" first issue no-dash 66 on layaway...and then went back the next day and bought a 2.5" no-dash 66...and I was maudlin about just spending $800 on two revolvers when Christmas was upon us and I have two kids to buy for.

But ya know, you just can't find those guns anymore for anything close to that price.

DeepSouth
March 18, 2013, 04:03 AM
I gave a buddy $250 for a CZ-52. Wasn't really an impulse buy so much as a favor. If I had it do again I'd just loan him the $250 but I thought I'd like it when I bought it. But I also thought surplus 7.62x25 was abundant and cheap, I was wrong....... That's twice now:banghead::banghead:

I've been looking for a trade but apparently no one else wants one either, and as a policy I don't sell guns. I either keep or trade, I guess that's a little strange now that I think of it but that's the way I am.

PabloJ
March 18, 2013, 07:42 AM
Smith & Wesson Model 940.

skywalkrNCSU
March 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
I snagged a real nice billet lower at normal prices during the peak of the craze and now I regret it because it might just turn into another rifle. I can afford the lower, the rifle will be a stretch lol

Blakenzy
March 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
Edit: disregard, regretted the purchase for other reasons than cost.

460Kodiak
March 18, 2013, 12:04 PM
I have no doubt that once I take possesion of the revolver, the money will be a distant memory. So will the regret.

BRE346
March 18, 2013, 01:05 PM
A Springfield XD-9 Service. Turned out to be heavy and clumsy. Traded for an S&W 642 snubby. Now that was a neat little gun but it beat up my hand and wrist. Traded for a S&W 60-4. I understand it's a bit rare but oh how nice it shoots for me.

A CZ P07 Duty was an impulse buy. I wish now I hadn't sold it.

wally
March 18, 2013, 01:22 PM
Chiappa 1911-22. Read one good review, saw one at a gun show and bought it. Biggest POS ever, even my Jennings is more reliable at ~1/4 the cost. I had to pay to ship it back for "warranty repair" and it came back if anything functioning worse.

Babarsac
March 18, 2013, 01:26 PM
Sig 226 with some extras and European proof codes. Could never get used to the way the thing handled. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful piece of machinery but just not for me.

Currently watching an auction on a K-22 Masterpiece...

Havok7416
March 18, 2013, 01:58 PM
Chiappa 1911-22. Read one good review, saw one at a gun show and bought it. Biggest POS ever, even my Jennings is more reliable at ~1/4 the cost. I had to pay to ship it back for "warranty repair" and it came back if anything functioning worse.
Forgot about that one. I bought a Chiappa 1911-22 also and it was utter trash. I did manage to offload on a guy (with full disclosure) for a loss.

cougar1717
March 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
I went to a gun auction exactly once - a live one with an auctioneer. Spent too much (especially with a background check fee per individual firearm.) Definitely had some buyer's remorse over those. Then, I also thought I received too little - both firearms needed repair. I've never attended another one.

Lj1941
March 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
It looked like a neat purchase at the time for my collection.I still thought it wasn't too bad until I fired it.It's horrible trigger pull made me decide that at short range I could better defend myself by throwing it at an assailent than firing it. Even at $99.95 I decided it was a mistake! Anyhow-At least I have a piece of history and that is all it is supposed to be.Next time I will read the thread more closely before I make a post.

460Kodiak
March 18, 2013, 07:02 PM
Just to be clear, I'm talking about buyer's remorse over the price and an impussive buy, not dissapointment that a gun was sub-par or didn't work properly.

ACP
March 18, 2013, 07:23 PM
CZ75BD

beautiful gun, reliable, accurate. but large and heavy for CC. And I forgot that I really, really don't care for 9mm or hi-caps. So, it's gone, but I didn't lose TOO much on the deal.

adp
March 18, 2013, 09:44 PM
With all due respects auctions, especially internet auctions, are for suckers. Ideally you want sellers to compete for your business, not the other way around.

gp911
March 18, 2013, 10:33 PM
When I bought my first AR in 2005 I didn't have a lot of money, but I decided I needed a Bushmaster AR and bought one with the A2 integrated carry handle and HBAR. After shooting it for a bit I realized I could have two guns for the $750 I had tied up in it, plus I just felt bad for paying that much for a gun that left me cold. Replaced it with a stainless .357 Blackhawk and an SP101.

Ankeny
March 18, 2013, 11:29 PM
Last week I bought a brand new AR-15 (yeah I know this is in handguns) at a decent price, just because it was a decent price. I really don't have a use (other than plinking and maybe coyote hunting) for a black rifle, so after a restless night, I decided to sell the gun to get my money back or maybe even at a profit. A friend of mine (the dealer) told me to shoot the rifle first because I could get my money back even if the rifle was used.

I shot a few groups with cheap ammo imported by Federal and what a crappy shooter. Then the buyer's remorse really set in...impulse buy, too much money, no real need for the gun. This morning I loaded up some 55 grain V-Max, 60 grain V-Max, and 55 grain Blitzkings. I shot 3 five shot groups back to back at a 100 yards. All three groups were under one MOA including the "fliers". This afternoon I ordered several hundred dollars worth of aftermarket parts. I also had another dealer buddy set back a 500 pack of 5.56 ammo out of his stash. I think I have a new coyote gun that can double as a defensive firearm. A suppressor is next on the list.

460Kodiak
March 19, 2013, 10:06 AM
With all due respects auctions, especially internet auctions, are for suckers. Ideally you want sellers to compete for your business, not the other way around.

Ummmm, this is a one sided and illogical statement. "Ideally". When was the last time the gun market was ideal. Online auctions are only for suckers if you are overpaying for an easily found item, or in this case, a gun that your local shops can get easily. I inquired at three different shops, and they all told me the same thing. "Yeah, that's going to be pretty hard to find." So buying one online makes perfect sense.

By the way, online sellers ARE competing for your business. That much is obvious when you see that different sellers are selling the same items for different prices. They still have a minimum they can sell an item for and turn a profit to make it worth their time. So again, your comment is illogical.

tightgroup tiger
March 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
I have no buyers remorse over any gun I have ever purchased. I do my research and do not impulse buy. I won't buy junk and won't over pay for something I want. It took me 9 months to pull the trigger on the last rifle I bought. When I was comfortable with the purchase I bought it.

I have bought pistols the same day that I saw them but when I saw them I already had a clear image of what I was buying because it was something that I had already thought over, new I afford it, and new that I would buy it if I saw one come available, like a smith 28 4" in pristine condition.

I would really like a new old stock 27 but I know it won't shoot any better than a new old stock 28 will so I have passed up 2 of them so far, didn't even check them out when I saw them at a gun show. With the routine I use I've never disappointed myself with any of my purchases. Maybe I'm to practical. I haven't got stung yet but I know if I drop my guard I will be.

ACP
March 19, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ankeny, welcome to the sickness! :)

I actually just sold a Colt MT6400 because I was turning it into a charm bracelet (about $1,000 in accessories on a $1200 gun!!) instead of the basic, lightweight carbine I prefer.

So, I sold the Colt flattop and kept the decade-old Bushmaster with the A2 sights.

rodensouth
March 20, 2013, 12:04 AM
Oh yes a few times, because I was more impulsive before I realized credit cards are devil spawn.

Most memorable was the Benelli M4. Wife driving me home from Gander Mountain escapade after dinner and libations, called dad for affirmation and got :eek: instead. I just could not put it down after the guy handed it to me. I kept it in my hands until sweet wife was through with transaction and they made me box it up to carry it out. I hardly slept that night hearing dads words ringing in my mind, "You paid how much for a shotgun?!?":uhoh:

The next day at the range solved ALL that remorseful feeling, and it would be one of the last guns to go if I was forced to liquidate.

Once I cleared my debt and started buying with cash only, I was happy that I acquired some of what I have before realizing I couldn't really afford it at the time! The others I sold to pay off the credit card. ;)

Claude Clay
March 20, 2013, 12:20 AM
guns I've sold far and away outnumber the few when

having was less pleasing than wanting

rondog
March 20, 2013, 02:59 AM
Not long ago I traded a pistol that I was quite fond of for a 1943 Remington M1903A3. I actually got the short end of the trade as the pistol was worth more than the rifle, but I'd been lusting for an 03A3 for years, and this is a damn nice one. Excellent condition, original barrel in great shape, great stock, M1907 sling also dated 1943. Shoots great too, very accurate.

I kinda regret letting the pistol go, but I'll sure enjoy the rifle a lot, and will certainly shoot it far more.

silicosys4
March 20, 2013, 03:12 PM

B.S.
This "sucker" has gotten 20+ guns off auctions this year alone and been happy with every single one.
Here are a few
PPC custom heavy barrel, tuned, with bo-mar rib, like new S&W 10-8 revolver for under $400
Like new model 10-5 for $220.
Sig railed 1911 nitron tac-pac NIB $650
S&W 442 95% for $280

If you didn't notice, there are a LOT of listings on gun auction sites, all of them sellers, all of them are competing for your business. I personally don't know of any town with the literally thousands of gun vendors that online auctions host. Not to mention there are no localized pricing spikes with online auctions like you have in many areas.

tarosean
March 20, 2013, 03:33 PM
If you ask me? Never..
Ask my wife? Once..

A while back ago I was pursuing GB when I stumbled upon a gun I've always wanted.. It was at a lower then normal price. So I put a minimum bid in and didn't think much about it. Several days later I get my winning conformation. Having to explain that I accidently won another gun after buying 3 others in the previous weeks wasn't fun. The cost really wasn't the factor for my remorse her disappointment was. I buy and sell a lot of guns but for some reason that one set her off.
Course first range trip it bit me and drew blood.(hammer bite) Karma?

gandog56
March 20, 2013, 06:31 PM
My boo boo was an impulse bid. Saw A Hi Point .45 on Gunbroker with no bids on it the last day. I put a $40 bid on it, mostly as a joke. To my amazement, that $40 bid won the darned thing. Then there was the $30 shipping. Then add the $27 transfer fee. The next thing I know, Im into this for $97. Thing was the single most worthless POS I ever purchased. Could not fire a single mag without a failure to do something, usually SEVERAL failures. The thing was EXTREMELY heavy, which surprised me because it seemed half plastic. The grips were way too wide for my small, short fingered hand. They forced me to hold such a high grip on them, the slide was biting into the webbing of my shooting hand. The only thing I had to say positive about the gun was if you got the round loaded, pulling the trigger made it go bang. Gave it to my little brother who uses it as a one shot shark dispenser when he goes fishing in the Gulf. Works OK for that, unless he misses the first brain shot.

danez71
March 20, 2013, 09:17 PM
engagement ring

j/k

460Kodiak
March 21, 2013, 09:02 AM
Course first range trip it bit me and drew blood.(hammer bite) Karma?

LOL!!! Karma? No...... I'd say your wife has mastered voodoo.

mio
March 21, 2013, 08:54 PM
last october ran into a dan wesson model 14 .357mag with 4" 6" and 8" barrels at the lgs. you never see dan wessons of any kind around here and i shelled out the $600 for the gun. its flat out beautiful and the grips fit my hand perfect.

a week later the baby gave us a bad scare (turned out to be mild sleep apnea but scared the bejesus out of us when we woke up and he wasnt breathing) between the local hospital and the childrens hospital and all the tests they ran to figure it out and be sure there were some serious medical bills and right before xmas (not counting all the travel bills). it really made that $600 look like a waste. still havent shot the gun but i dont regret the expense anymore.

beag_nut
March 22, 2013, 04:42 PM
A piece-of-crap Charter Arms .357 Mag Pug, because I didn't have the willpower to wait until I had the extra $150 for a Ruger SP101.
Charter Arms are junk, compared to Smith and Ruger. Right out of the box the Charter shot 18" low at 25 feet, and I had to machine down the front sight. Plus, the screws are constantly loosening, even WITHOUT firing any rounds. Anybody want to swap?

Dnaltrop
March 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
Nope, only regret not buying ones I should have.

Beans and Rice make a great base for anything you want to add to them... they've kept my budget balanced more than once. ;)

guyfromohio
March 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
Traded a Very used Citori special sporting clays for a ............. Romanian Draco. Why did I do that? Don't know. But now I'm obsessed with finding another clays gun.... Probably at 4 times the cost if that Draco.

TAKtical
March 23, 2013, 06:33 AM
Thats a very sad story guyfromohio. I would like to help you out by buying that Draco from you to help fund another clay gun :D

hAkron
March 23, 2013, 07:27 AM
I'm not talking about regretting buying a gun because it ended up sucking. I just mean buyer's remorse for finances. I have a feeling that once I recieve it, the price will be a distant memory. Until then though, I will feel this one for awhile.

If you bought that revolver and 3 months worth of food, which would still be making you happy after 4 months?

wow6599
March 23, 2013, 09:24 PM
Two part - I don't regret buying a 2011 Series 70 Colt, but I do regret spending $1200 for Colt to do "upgrades".

Over a year in their custom shop and not worth the $. Live and learn........

guyfromohio
March 24, 2013, 10:08 AM
TAKtical.... Made it better by trading the Draco for an Ithaca Mag 10 and 300 rounds of 10 Gauge ammo.

Kayaker 1960
March 24, 2013, 10:39 AM
I bought a series 80 Colt Commander, it was stainless steel and a pretty thing. I had never even fired a .45 before but I'd read how it would be so much softer shooting than my two .40 cal. pistols and it was the best gun ever.
I found that it was slightly more accurate than my Glock model 22, due to the single action trigger. The recoil was at least as snappy as my Glock. It's heavier, it holds fewer rounds (than even my Ca. legal 10 round mags) and cost a lot more to feed.
I'm not a collector, all of my guns have a purpose. The Colt sat in the safe while my other handguns went with me when this gun or that gun had some advantage depending on what I was doing. I had it for about 4 years and it only went to the range 3-4 times. I recently sold it. I'm sure the new owner appreciates such a nice gun, it just wasn't for me.

Inebriated
March 24, 2013, 11:50 AM
No regrets here.

My last impulse was a G19 because it was a USA model. I was initially going to get a G32, and I already have a G26, so the G19 just sits in the safe most of the time. But I don't regret it one bit.

Rexster
March 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
I wonder if I really needed to buy both the PPK and PPK/S, both new, earlier this month. And, if I had to buy two, should I not have bought a second PPK/S, rather than the PPK? Except for the sharp edges on the tang, the PPK/S is a pleasure to shoot, but the PPK is bit of a beast. (It is, indeed, normal for me to carry two handguns at a time.)

Anyway, the worst part is the ammo, as I only briefly owned two .380 pistols in the past, so I am looking for break-in and function-test ammo in today's panic-buying market. I believe in several hundred rounds of FMJ, followed by 200 rounds of my carry load, through each weapon. It is mostly the cost of feeding these new acquisitions that makes me wonder if I should have added a new weapon platform at this time.

The good part: These all-steel .380 pistols do not seem to aggravate my aging, aching wrist, at least for now. If that continues, and these Walthers prove reliable, any remorse and regret should disappear.

gandog56
March 26, 2013, 04:39 PM
Normal for you to carry TWO handguns?

Seriously, I don't think that's normal. Now I OWN about 20, but I only CARRY one a day.

Extra mags take care of me. I don't fire with a pistol in both hands at once. How would you aim?

jp9mm
March 26, 2013, 05:00 PM
Only once and it wasn't really my fault.
Buddy told me about beretta px4's going for cheap on gunbroker.
End up winning one that said it was a type 'c'
In the description it said it was a double/single trigger.

When i showed up at my local ffl to pick it up i was extremely disappointed.
turns out i should have got a type'f' as 'c' is a DAO trigger set up

Shot 50 rounds through it and liked it but wasn't what i wanted, ended up selling it at no loss so it worked out ok.

P.S i realize it isn't the buyers remorse you were looking for but in your OP you talk about wanting the gun for years, viewing an auction multiple times and that's not really a impulse buy.
Lets call it even ;)

blueskyjaunte
March 26, 2013, 05:03 PM
No buyer's remorse. Lots of seller's remorse, though, for the S&W 29-2 and 25-2 that I sold some years ago!

Don357
March 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
I guess it would have to be my $500 Para Ordnance 12.45LDA. I had sold a PSL for an even $grand, and wanted to get a smaller semi-auto rifle, but saw that beautiful stainless LDA:evil: and poof, there went half of my rifle money.:(:mad:

460Kodiak
March 27, 2013, 09:14 AM
in your OP you talk about wanting the gun for years, viewing an auction multiple times and that's not really a impulse buy.

It was impulsive actually because I had no intention of buying one anytime soon. Yep, wanted one for years, but it was a completely unscheduled purchase and unplanned. I was only looking, next thing I knew, I was buying.

If you bought that revolver and 3 months worth of food, which would still be making you happy after 4 months?

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm startig to enjoy the tase of twigs and roots now anyway...... and I am losing weight. I guess It's working. Maybe I'll name that gun Jenny.

Normal for you to carry TWO handguns?

Seriously, I don't think that's normal. Now I OWN about 20, but I only CARRY one a day.

Lot's of people carry a backup gun. Not me, but a lot of people on this forum do. I don't think anyone in their right mind would try to shoot both guns at one though.

there went half of my rifle money.

Yep, done that before. :banghead:

Stevie-Ray
March 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
Taurus Millennium PT-111. Handled a buddy's gun that he was so proud of, many years ago. Felt good in hand, slim, thought it to be a fine carry weapon. Never shot it-big mistake. Bought one and was completely sorry. Don't have it anymore.

silicosys4
March 27, 2013, 06:49 PM
Boy, thinking back on it, my first ar-15 was kind of a bust. I traded a Springfield m-6 scout, a mak-90, an older 870, and a Taurus snub .357 for it. It has a 26" bull barrel and a 5" long "comp" on it, older a1 sights, and a mismatched colt upper and sgw lower. Thing weighs a ton and is unwieldy as hell because of the barrel, can't mount optics well because of the Nondetachable carry handle, and generally sits in the safe. I turned down an LE colt 6920 the same day for the same trade....because I thought the "sniper" setup would be more useful....
Dang I was dumb on so many levels that day. That was the only day of gun tradery for me that was "fail" from start to finish.

In my defense this was back when ANY ar-15 was worth a grand, the mak-90 was only worth $300, the m6 scout wasn't collectible, the 870 was rusty, and the Taurus was a Taurus.

Resto Guy
March 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
Lunch at McDonalds.

Jim NE
March 28, 2013, 12:24 AM
Slight remorse when I bought my CZ 40P a little while back. I'd read about some issues they can have.

Then I shot it, and my remorse pretty much went away.

My GREATEST remorse, though, was buying a used FIE .38 Derringer last year for $98. You'd think that a gun that cheap wouldn't lead to remorse. But it reminded me of the days when guns like that were all I could afford, and I got depressed. I traded it off for some ammo.

TreeDoc
March 29, 2013, 12:23 AM
Rock River Elite Comp. Bought this rifle in a group buy, with five other guys. Shot good, but weighed 9 lbs. After about 3 mags, I lost intrest. Had been in the safe for a few years, when the ban talk came up, probably sold it to cheap, but got all mine out + a few $

460Kodiak
March 29, 2013, 09:05 AM
Several years ago I decided I wanted an AR. I went to a gun show, had done little reasearch, and bought a 24" DPMS Panther Bull Special in a quick decision. I immediately regreted the snap decision financially, and the buyer's remorse set in. It had a heavy bull 24" bbl and weighed 12 lbs when loaded. It was accurate as all get out, but I later realized that I enjoyed short and mid range shooting. So then not only did I have buyer's remorse, I had buyer's regrest for purchasing a gun I didn't care about.

The funny thing is that I traded it for a Bond Arms Derringer and $325. I thought the Derringer would be nice for summer carry. Hmmm, limited ammo and excessive weight. So I traded that towards an XDs. Now I'm happy. Quite the evolution of a firearm no?.

SwampWolf
March 29, 2013, 04:21 PM
After fifty or so years of buying many (my wife would add the modifier too :o) firearms, I have experienced very little buyer's remorse. Much seller's remorse over the years, though, and more than a little remorse over the guns I could have but didn't buy (I still have cold sweats at night over the new Winchester Model 71, selling for under $100.00, on the rack of a hardware store in Agana, Guam that I passed on while stationed at Anderson AFB back in 1963 :().

If you enjoyed reading about "What was your last impulse buy that you had buyers remorse over?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!