Is there a nightly shutdown?

PDA

The_Antibubba
March 13, 2004, 05:03 AM
Many times between 2-4 am PST, I find it impossible to get on. Does the board go offline for backup or somesuch?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there a nightly shutdown?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
S_O_Laban
March 13, 2004, 05:40 AM
I can't speak for the board as I'm not a mod here, but, I surf here at all times of the night CST at least 5 nights a week and can only remember one night in over a year of not being able to get on. I would guess it your ISP.

tyme
March 13, 2004, 05:24 PM
There is some db maintenance that starts at 4:45 EST, right before the time window you mention. I can't imagine that stuff continuing until 0700EST, but I'll look the next time I'm up at 6:30-ish. Maybe it would be a good idea to shut the board down if the db backup would go faster. (Ha ha, look what *you* started. :evil: )

The fault might also be with your ISP if more sites than just THR are unresponsive.

The_Antibubba
March 13, 2004, 07:41 PM
No, it doesn't go the home time, that is just the range of times I have encountered it.

Thanks for answering.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there a nightly shutdown?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!