Got my reloader! Opps, wrong one...

PDA

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 12:11 PM
Ordered the lee classic turret from FS Reloading. Been picking up other bit's I need while waiting on it. Was excited for today... the box came. Opened it up to see a Lee box in it... but it is labeled "Breech Lock Challenger Kit"..

Uh.. not what I ordered. The Classic turret was 'in stock' when I ordered it, so how'd they goof that up? 200+ paid, the breech lock kit is MUCH less expensive. Have a support ticket in, but checked their site and the classic turret shows out of stock, so I have a bad feeling.

This was my first dealing with FS Reloading, and may well determine if I ever deal with them again... I hope I don't get a whole lot of 'well, send it back then when we get the classic turret in 6 to 8 weeks we will send it' crap.

Not the start of a good day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my reloader! Opps, wrong one..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
poor man
March 13, 2013, 12:34 PM
after my dealings with reloading companies its RCBS all the way now, no better service have i found,,,,, and i wouldnt be waiting on a "ticket" id be on the phone raising hell....

mljdeckard
March 13, 2013, 12:49 PM
Realize, it's not Lee that dropped the ball here, it was FS reloading. I stick primarily with Midway and sometimes Natchez.

david_r
March 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
He isn't dealing with a mfg. He's dealing with a retailer.

On UPS quantum view, does the box weight match with what you expected?
I hope mine comes in correctly and I didn't get the one you were meant to receive. I'll know today.

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't get mouthy with them. They are good people & very fare. It sucks but mistakes happen. They will be much easier to work with if your respectful.

jaguarxk120
March 13, 2013, 12:56 PM
If you check the FS Reloading web site, lee is the only brand of reloading tools they carry. You'd think they could get it right.

david_r
March 13, 2013, 12:58 PM
Wanted to add: Arbo, it really sucks that you got the wrong press. Your post indicates that you are already planning on finding any response unacceptable short of, "well lookie there, we found one not in our inventory system."

That would be really great if it happened. I fear you're going to be disappointed and hope you realize that the person on the phone just can't send you what they don't have, that companies do screw up and maybe they'll try to make it right in some other way.

Oldgoat03
March 13, 2013, 01:05 PM
I have dealt with FS many times with good success. Mistakes happen so just give them a call and I'm sure they'll correct the error as quickly as possible and no cost to you.

Best of luck
OG03

rsrocket1
March 13, 2013, 01:08 PM
jag,
PEOPLE MAKE MISTEAKS, get over it.
Be courteous and level headed. They should make it right. If they check their inventory vs their orders, hopefully they'd figure it out.

I understand how at this panic time people want their stuff yesterday and are unable to wait for resolution, but believe me, you'll get a lot further if you don't go around saying "I'll never buy from you people again" or the likes.

Otherwise, they might simply say "if you won't ever be a customer again, well transfer you over to our special CS rep: Heywood U. Buzzoff, and then send you to our attorney Mr. Sosumee"

Arkansas Paul
March 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
I feel your pain.
I wasn't shipped the wrong thing, but I put in an order from Midway in early February for a Lee Turret press. The estimated date was March 3. Now it's changed to May 21.
Not Midway's fault. Its just the craziness right now.

david_r
March 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
rsrocket,
That reminds me of when I worked at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego. It was part of the San Diego zoo. When we had an impossible customer, we would direct them to call the zoo and ask to speak with Ken Allen.

Ken Allen happened to be an orangutan. :D

Fire_Moose
March 13, 2013, 01:32 PM
Look at it this way. You git a press and can start handloading!

Of course wait to make sure that they refund you at least half of the 200 bucks. Definitely don't want to pay that much for that kit.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

ngnrd
March 13, 2013, 01:40 PM
after my dealings with reloading companies its RCBS all the way now, no better service have i found,,,,, and i wouldnt be waiting on a "ticket" id be on the phone raising hell....
Typical knee-jerk response from the anti-Lee contingent.

Arkansas Paul
March 13, 2013, 02:01 PM
Typical knee-jerk response from the anti-Lee contingent.

You mean Lee doesn't process every single order from every single distributor?
I'm almost certain RCBS and Hornady do. :evil:

45lcshooter
March 13, 2013, 02:16 PM
Their mess up, I hope they have one in a corner hiding that they can send right out. Maybe they might say keep the one you have now and we will send the right one. Highly unlikely but you never know. Hope it works out.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 02:40 PM
Much to respond to, hope I get it all.

I know I'm dealing with a reseller not the manufacturer.
Yes, companies and people screw up, it's how they fix those screw ups that matter.

dave_r, the problem is, when I bought it, it showed in stock, so if now I have to wait another 2 months for something that was in stock when I ordered it, and I can't have it due to their human error, it doesn't make me ever want to deal with them again.

I don't care about waiting for stuff to get in stock if it's out of stock, or waiting on backorders, that's all good, but if it is in stock and you order it, there is an expectation to not have to wait for it to be in stock again.

Someone said at least I have a press and can reload. No, this is a 100 dollar kit they sent me... it's not going to be opened at all, it's not what I want and it's not what I paid for.

I called their support number and nobody answered. I called the number on the shipping label and got someone who said 'our servers are down', I told them I put in a problem ticket online and he said 'put in a ticket on the web site', and went on about 'we have over 700 emails'... Yeah, it's busy, no doubt, but I see the start of this as excuses and lack of caring. Will see how it plays out, I hope for the best ... but that's hard to find nowadays.

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 03:37 PM
You probably spoke to Greg. He is a good guy. I usually talk to the lady at the other number.

You do sound like your calling mad & expecting the impossible. If they don't have it & you don't want to wait the best they could do is tell you to return it for a refund.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 03:50 PM
I don't understand how anyone can think I am mad... it seems that's more projection or just total misunderstanding than anything.

Expect the impossible? My god, how many folks out there just let mistakes happen and suck it up? It must be more than I had previously imagined.

Let me put this out one more time: I spend MY money when it was in stock, it was verified it was in stock, it was packed it was shipped. Thus one has an expectation that they are getting what they paid for... it was not what showed up. That they made a big mistake and may no longer have the proper thing that I ordered is not my problem, it is their problem to fix. If it comes down to them paying to ship this wrong item back and me getting a full refund, then that's what it comes down to... but I can guarantee I would never buy from them again, and I would encourage everyone else to not buy from them.

Perhaps too many people have just accepted bad customer service for far too long, perhaps they forget what good customer service is...

Either way, I am undecided as of yet, but based on my initial conversation with them, and the lack of any form of response does not give me a tingly feeling up my leg.

david_r
March 13, 2013, 03:52 PM
Arbo,

The problem is you didn't receive what you paid for. I get it. Forget about what was what when you ordered it. It doesn't matter today and is just going to give you heartburn. The reality of the situation is you didn't get what you wanted and are more than likely in for a wait should you choose to allow them to remedy the situation. Their inventory system is showing it is out of stock. We all know there is a pretty slim chance that they have one hiding. So, what realistic result would satisfy you at this point?

Just a week ago, you were ready to back order and wait until May to receive your press. It makes it kind of a bump in the road if you think about it that way.

That isn't a lack of compassion. That is someone who has no emotional attachment to your new press giving advice. Frankly, I'd be pretty pissed and probably tell people off and be satisfied for about 10 minutes.

If you can float the $300 or so, go back to your other thread on this and order from the other vendor recommended who shows 71 in stock and get one before they show out of stock, too.

Let us know what fsreloading tells you either way and good luck

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
I think it would be in the best interest of FS to refund your money & hope you never order from them again.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 04:11 PM
David, I see the item I ordered and paid for, as mine. It was just a matter of getting it to me. No way to float $300 ... got out of a different hobby and sold off stuff from that to get into reloading.

kingmt, what you think is irrelevant to the situation.

floydster
March 13, 2013, 04:19 PM
Arbo is totally correct, too many passive people let things like this slide on buy --that IS why our gun culture is in the shape it is in, period.
In other words, things will never get better if you <deleted>.
Flame away.

Smokeyloads

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
Lol. You can't be made happy. Your bad mouthing them before they have even had a chance to fix it.

I've been in retail management. I expect good service if I'm going to spend my money somewhere. I'm not going to throw a fit ether way. I just don't take my money back to the one I don't agree with. I spend a bunch of money with FS tho because of there customer service.

Just trying to get you to the point of reasonable like everyone else here. If your not he is likely to blow you off since you can't be made happy anyway.
I always asked my customers what they wanted since it is so much easier to fix things that way but you can't give what you don't have.

Good luck to you.

joecil
March 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Call them and tell them what they sent you then have them send a return mail to you. I've been dealing with them almost exclusively now for over a year and so far they have been fast shipping (usually 4 days from order) and right every time. The only time a shipment was held up I placed late on a Friday with one item out of stock, they called first thing Monday morning to ask if I still wanted the item or they would refund the money which they did within the hour. My order arrived 3 days from the call on Monday.

hAkron
March 13, 2013, 04:27 PM
I've had a few issues in the past with online ordering. It's frustrating. Make sure you keep track of how long you have to dispute the charges with your credit card company. Ultimately if you can't reach a resolution with the company (FS reloading is a pretty good company and I would be surprised if they didn't do everything in their power to make it right) then the credit card company can get you your money back...as a last resort, but don't let that opportunity slip by.

It stinks out loud to order something, wait for it, then it shows up and it's wrong.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
Lol. You can't be made happy. Your bad mouthing them before they have even had a chance to fix it.

Both incorrect. I have stated I am disappointed, and I have stated what the contact has been thus far, and that from previous experience with other companies what I have seen thus far doesn't look promising. But I hope I am wrong.

I always asked my customers what they wanted since it is so much easier to fix things that way but you can't give what you don't have.

If I even had a response by now where they said they realized their mistake and wanted to know how to fix it, that would be good. But so far there has been no return communication.

hAkron
March 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
Also -- They may show 'out of stock' but unless they sent your press to somebody else, they should still have it in their possession because their inventory system would reflect your order, but their physical inventory would be off by 1 (because they haven't sent it).

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 05:01 PM
Then I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

I still bet if you speak nice & your understanding he or she will make it right.

GT1
March 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
You are completely right to be seriously disappointed. I would be unhappy also.
All I would say is give them a chance to make it right, and email turnaround for everyone is a day or two, or three, right now.
If they don't make you whole then is the time to take care of your interests in the best way for you.
I have done 90% of my reloading tooling business with these guys and everything has always went well, but then I never got a fouled up order.

The measure of a company is how well they take care of things when they foul up.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
hAkron, that was my thinking. So potentially it will all end well and I will get to talk about how good they are because they deal with problems well.

GT1, my biggest concern now is another site has them in stock, so if the scenario mentioned by hAkron isn't the reality, I'd like to work out getting this wrong one back and getting a refund before the other place is out of stock as well.

Like I said, will see how it turns out.

Arkansas Paul
March 13, 2013, 05:52 PM
I tell you, I'd sure wait and think about it before sending it back. Everything is hard to come by right now. At least you can load something. Of course, they'll owe you the difference.

Make triple sure you can get the one you want before returning. Just my 0.02

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
Understood, but not what I want, at all. I've been buying the extra die disks for the turret and other accessories, so that's what I'm 'prepped' for. If titan's site is right, there are 70 in stock, hopefully that holds until FS get's in touch with me and we hash this out.

red rick
March 13, 2013, 06:29 PM
+1 with hAkron.

If they couldn't make it right for you, ( like a set of dies ) I would get a refund and order from Midway or Natchez.

Yes, I would be a little mad. People do make mistakes, how they correct them is what sets them apart.

docsleepy
March 13, 2013, 07:09 PM
If u can't get it switched....bet u could make a nice profit with that item in hand! I'm still waiting on one....likely 2 more months

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 07:11 PM
If you sold two items & by mistake sent them to the wrong address would you say let me run out & buy you a at of dies & get you the right item or would you say I'm sorry let me pay the shipping to get the right item to the right place?

I do a lot of shipping & it is always a fear that it will get lost in route or I'll send the wrong thing to the wrong place. Both has happened. I'm a seller on eBay with 100% feedback so I take care of the problem. I send three right item out add soon as I know there is a problem with a label to return or forward the other one to the right place. I've only had my return item stolen a couple of times. I trust people to do the right thing. I also don't expect free things when someone makes a mistake.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 07:11 PM
Was contacted by Greg via their ticket system. Very responsive, just had another question to him to clarify. Happy so far.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 07:13 PM
I also don't expect free things when someone makes a mistake.

I agree with this 100%.

Arbo
March 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
According to Greg, the problem was a new guy in shipping. The item I ordered is still there in stock and he says will ship out tomorrow, and some sort of paperwork or something will be on it's way to send back the other item they sent as they are now -1 on the stock level of it.

So far so good. Good guys.

splattergun
March 13, 2013, 09:01 PM
Aside from your inconvenience, it is a non-issue. JUst e-mail or call FS reloading and explain it. I have no doubt they will take care of you. I have dealt with FS a couple times and I was very satisfied with their prompt, courteous service.

OOPs, I posted before I saw your last post. I'm glad they took care of it.

GT1
March 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
So far so good. Good guys.

Glad to hear that. :)

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear. I was sure they would make it right.

leadchucker
March 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
Trying to make any firearm-supply related purchase right now is likely to be frustrating. I've had bad experiences with three different reloading supply companies in the past month, all companies with great previous customer relations, and all the transactions probably snafu'ed by the current buying frenzy. In the past, I've done quite a bit of business with FS Reloading, and have absolutely no complaints. I'm sure that FS will correct the error, but it may take a little while. They're swamped.

Fire_Moose
March 13, 2013, 10:24 PM
Good to hear.

I give OP a year and a half before he wishes he'd kept the Challenger kit ;)

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

Lost Sheep
March 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
edit: Oops. I did not notice the post that said the problem had been resolved. I would delete this post, but I spent so much time writing it, and I think it might be useful, I think I will just leave it up.

Thanks for reading.

Lost Sheep

I don't care about waiting for stuff to get in stock if it's out of stock, or waiting on backorders, that's all good, but if it is in stock and you order it, there is an expectation to not have to wait for it to be in stock again.

General rules about getting complaints addressed:

1) Be polite. They are likely embarrassed and embarrassing them more generally does not help. Besides the person who made the mistake is probably not the one tasked with fixing it.

(Flattery sometimes helps. "Listen, I am unhappy. I know you didn't cause my problem, but you are the one who can fix it....and be my hero.")

2) Be reasonable. If they offer excuses, apologies, deflection, whatever, just listen. It costs you nothing to listen and confirms that you have the moral high ground (which we all know already) and provides you the upper hand.

3) MOST IMPORTANT: Be clear on what you want to make things right. I find it helps to write it down, and if it fits in one declarative sentence, so much the better.

e.g. Since I ordered the press when it was in stock and expected to ship right away I want to be put at the head of any waiting list and be shipped THE...VERY...NEXT...Classic Turret you get. I already waited my turn once.

That instruction is clear, unambiguous and doable. If they offer anything else, you should get something worthwhile to assuage your dissatisfaction.

Someone said at least I have a press and can reload. No, this is a 100 dollar kit they sent me... it's not going to be opened at all, it's not what I want and it's not what I paid for.

You are right on about this. Very likely they will want the erroneous kit back. (on their dime, of course) Probably someone who ordered a Challenger Kit is on the phone with them right now, demanding a shipping label to return the Classic Turret they didn't order and shipment of their Challenger kit.

I called their support number and nobody answered. I called the number on the shipping label and got someone who said 'our servers are down', I told them I put in a problem ticket online and he said 'put in a ticket on the web site', and went on about 'we have over 700 emails'... Yeah, it's busy, no doubt, but I see the start of this as excuses and lack of caring. Will see how it plays out, I hope for the best ... but that's hard to find nowadays.
"Someone"? ALWAYS take names. And notes, the time you called, the duration of conversation and time on hold. Every transfer, too. DO THIS WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE. Do not depend on memory. And always call the person to whom your are speaking by name, twice. It is polite, makes them feel respected, acknowledged - and maybe a little intimidated. But certainly if they feel like they have a respectful exchange of ideas they will feel more INVESTED in RESOLVING YOUR COMPLAINT. Treat them like a partner in resolving a mistake that someone else made. People respond to that.

There are apparently 3 ways to notify Factory Sales about your complaint. email, telephone and FSReloading's web site. You stated that you did the phone thing and the web site thing. I would recommend you do the email thing, too, and the Web Site Problem Ticket Number should be in the first paragraph of that email.

An email to Lee Precision, mentioning the FSReloading Problem Ticket Number couldn't hurt, either, and including names of people at FSReloading who seem inclined to help you. Who knows; Lee Precision might sent a press to FSReloading with your name on it for fast-tracking to you. When I have sent emails to Lee Precision, I usually get some kind of response the next business day.

To sum up:

1) Be clear on what you want.

2) Be clear that you are reasonable

3) By your demeanor be clear that you are not going away without what you want, or a reasonable approximation of it.

4) Be nice. Let them know you see them as people, not automaton drones. You are talking to the people who will either solve your problem or spit in your sandwich.

5) After resolution, send an email of thanks to everyone who helped (and to their supervisors if you can). (Ask the supervisor's name and email address when a person comes up with a solution or promise and be clear it is for praise when the problem is resolved.)

6) If anyone, ANYONE, says they flat out cannot help you, politely say you understand they have limits that employees must observe and that you would like to talk to a higher authority, now. Never accept a stonewall.

Good luck.

Lost Sheep

red rick
March 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
I don't expect free things either.

Some big sucessful companies know that competition is tough and if they want to keep your business, they will try to make you a happy customer, so that you will buy from them again and pass along your satisfaction to others.

I know that if I had to wait 2 more months on someones mistake, I would buy from company Y or Z for my next purchase, all things being equal.

It sounds like everything is going to work out ok for the OP now, thats good.

Cleftwynd
March 13, 2013, 11:26 PM
Since I don't like quoting large replies all I will say is Lost Sheep knows what he is doing and we all should pay attention to what he just said. He nailed it.

bds
March 14, 2013, 01:18 AM
I have used FSReloading to help several new reloaders with the entire reloading set up (including my classic turret) and have had good dealings with them over the years. I am quite certain, the recent run on reloading/shooting equipment have vendors in a frenzy and mistakes on orders are probably more likely to happen ... they are human too, just like us.

Since you already have the single stage and it would cost money to ship it back to FSReloading ... you could ask FSReloading if they would cut you a deal and give you a discount on the SS press AND ship you the next Classic Turret they receive <hint, hint> ;) ... it could be a win/win proposition. You could always use a SS press or sell to someone else locally (probably for more than you paid) :D.

I have 2 progressive, 1 Classic Turret and 2 single stage presses on 2 different benches and it's nice to have a spare single stage to deprime/resize or do quick load development on.

kingmt
March 14, 2013, 09:51 AM
Unless they have grown FS Reloading isn't a large company.

oldreloader
March 15, 2013, 01:35 AM
Just think how happy the guy was that ordered the $100 press and got the @200 one!

jim243
March 15, 2013, 01:52 AM
If I remember correctly they are across the street from Lee. They should be able to correct your order quickly.

Jim

Arbo
March 15, 2013, 02:06 AM
They mailed out the classic turret kit (it was still there) 3 day shipping, and notified ups to come pick up this other box they sent so they can put it back in their inventory.

All good, quite happy with them.

kingmt
March 15, 2013, 02:12 AM
Lee makes them wait there turn just like everyone else.

ArchAngelCD
March 15, 2013, 02:19 AM
I found out about FS a few years ago and buy most of my Lee reloading equipment from them. I'm not surprised at how well they handled this situation. I also don't think the OP did or said anything wrong in this thread.

GT1
March 15, 2013, 04:35 AM
Yes, these guys are first rate. I'm sure they had to hire a few extra hands off the street to try to keep up with shipping demands and hey, new guys have to learn. I'm sorry they had to learn on your time with your order, but they made it right in the fastest way possible, sounds like.

The OP handled everything perfectly, they were just concerned, as anyone would be with a couple hundred dollars tied up and not knowing what was going to happen.
I'm glad they posted the thread, it showed the company was a stand-up business.

ObsidianOne
March 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
Another +1 for FSReloading. Order most of my stuff from them, usually lowest cost around. Glad you got everything sorted out OP.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bds
March 15, 2013, 08:17 AM
I love happy endings ... even during "shortage times" :D

Walkalong
March 15, 2013, 06:46 PM
And with that........ :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my reloader! Opps, wrong one..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!