LC Smith Shotgun

PDA

Woodheater
March 13, 2013, 12:26 PM
My first post and I am seeking some advice. I have built rifle stocks from scratch, a walnut plank into a full length stock for a 6.5 x 55 Swede, an Enfield, a Springfield. Pretty straightforward, now I am attempting a partially inletted stock for a LC Smith double barrel and it is a challenge to keep both locks at an equal depth. If anyone has hints, suggestions or experiences in doing this I would appreciate all the help I can get. The stock that was on the shotgun when I bought it at auction had been spliced together with a contrasting piece of wood, maple to walnut. It was not well done, but it was functional. Nothing like bringing an old piece back to some of its former glory. No I did not ruin a collectible military rifle by "customizing" it, they had suffered from someone elses hands. Thought I had better clarify my earlier statement as to why I restocked the rifles.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "LC Smith Shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
loose noose
March 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
Ya might try the Gunsmithing section of this forum for your answers.

If you enjoyed reading about "LC Smith Shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!