The panic is slowing - Everything is fine. LOL.

PDA

USSR
March 13, 2013, 03:23 PM
Just another 6 months, and all those dirty hoarders will be selling all their ill got gains at half price.:D Unfortunately, no one notified the ammunition and components manufacturers about this.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gun-ammo-shortages-firearms/2013/03/13/id/494505

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "The panic is slowing - Everything is fine. LOL." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Constrictor
March 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
Just another 6 months, and all those dirty hoarders will be selling all their ill got gains at half price.:D Unfortunately, no one notified the ammunition and components manufacturers about this.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gun-ammo-shortages-firearms/2013/03/13/id/494505

Don
what items were gotten by "ill means"?

USSR
March 13, 2013, 03:43 PM
what items were gotten by "ill means"?

Tongue firmly in cheek, Constrictor.:D

Don

Arkansas Paul
March 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
Nice article. Especially the part where it said, "Ammunition for "assault rifles" had gone from $12 to $25 a box.
I think I'll call my LGS and ask them if they have any assault rifle ammo. :)

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 04:38 PM
Is all new that badly written? No wonder I don't read it. Do they even write about something they know about?

thump_rrr
March 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
"a 50-round box for an assault rifle has risen from $12 in some places to $25."

Do you know how you can tell that they're idiots?

Assault rifle ammo is only sold in 20 round boxes!!!

BullfrogKen
March 13, 2013, 06:17 PM
It's just another useless article. They called up some capital management firm to interview what he thought about the industry rather than call someone in the industry itself.

They also cited that goofy, innacurate poll done by an antigun organization that says the rate of gun ownership is down.

USSR
March 13, 2013, 06:31 PM
Guys,

This thread is not about the quality of writing, whether they crossed all the "t's" and dotted the "i's", it's about whether the present situation will evaporate in 6 months and things, as far as availability and price, will soon be back to normal, as so many on this site believe. Comparison's have been made to the previous drought in 2009, and some here believe this is 2009 revisited. But, you know, that is kinda like comparing a flood to a previous flood, without looking to see whether it is still raining over the tributaries upstream. So, if you've got some insight into the underlying cause of the panic and how this will play out, I'm all ears. Here's a link to a video that talks about the current situation:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2221753142001/concerns-over-gun-control-legislation-lead-to-bullet-shortage/?intcmp=obnetwork

Don

taliv
March 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
as i said elsewhere, i think the biggest impact will be the billions of rounds DHS and others are buying at the moment, plus various mil draw downs.

when that ages and gets surplused, i'm expecting to see a lot of pulldown bullets and powders in the usual spots 4-6 years from now.

until then, i think bulk ammo will continue to be expensive.

blarby
March 13, 2013, 07:46 PM
I "came up" on 400 55 gr FMJ bullets, 2000 federal small pistol primers, 1000 #34 LRP's, and 1k Federal Match LPP's today.

I'm good for the year- this is a positive sign.

Is it bulk ?

Heavens no.

Was it a godsend ?

Almost as good as a new pope- lemme tell ya. It was equally well received.

Items are beginning to trickle back into my area.... I see that as a positive sign things will improve.

rondaxe
March 13, 2013, 08:19 PM
The panics over! Except for the pound of Varget that just sold on GB for 90$!:D

USSR
March 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
as i said elsewhere, i think the biggest impact will be the billions of rounds DHS and others are buying at the moment, plus various mil draw downs.

So, it's kind of a double whammy; fear of impending legislation by shooters AND a huge government purchase of ammo. Obviously, the manufacturer's first priority is going to be filling government orders, and commercial ammo and reloading components will take a back seat. In a more normal circumstance, industry would address a shortage in the market by expanding or even building new plants to fill the demand. However, when you have an administration that is trying to reduce the availability of your products, you don't do that. Just like you don't build new coal plants when the government is placing onerous regulations on burning coal. So, given these circumstances, how does this play out?

Don

littlerichard
March 13, 2013, 08:36 PM
:mad: no wonder nobody will trade a pound of Varget for my box of 224s:banghead:

kingmt
March 13, 2013, 09:25 PM
I have Varget. Where do you live?

If you enjoyed reading about "The panic is slowing - Everything is fine. LOL." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!