Illinois Gov Quinn urges Madigan to appeal Conceal Carry to SCOTUS

PDA

usmarine0352_2005
March 13, 2013, 04:35 PM

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-74793604/

Gov. Pat Quinn is urging Lisa Madigan to appeal concealed carry to SCOTUS.

However Madigan is hesitant for 2 reasons she said. One is if they make a new law by June 9th, appealing would be moot. The 2nd is that she isn't sure how SCOTUS would rule since they have been ruling toward pro-gun rights recently.

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois Gov Quinn urges Madigan to appeal Conceal Carry to SCOTUS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
March 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
If they appeal to the current SCOTUS, they may possibly really wish they hadn't...along with New Jersey, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, etc. :) Go for it.

Twmaster
March 13, 2013, 08:11 PM
Good grief. What is IL afraid of? Blood in the streets? They've got that in Chicago already....

The rest of the states don't seem to have an issue.

HorseSoldier
March 13, 2013, 08:36 PM
It's all about power and control. Nothing more to it.

c4v3man
March 13, 2013, 08:36 PM
Go ahead and appeal it without passing a new law. As far as I'm aware if they fail to pass a new law, the state automatically falls to constitutional carry, which would be best for all involved.

So I say go for it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois Gov Quinn urges Madigan to appeal Conceal Carry to SCOTUS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!