cheap federal strut-shot turkey shells.

PDA

eastbank
March 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
i stopped at a local gun shop last night and found a few boxes of these federal turkey shells(10 for 10.99) 12ga 3" 17/8 #6 lead. this morning i tried them in my win 1300 turkey gun with a .640 carlson tube, that i use as a spare, after sighting it in, i fired it at 25yds at a 10" target with a 8 'black bulls eye. i was quite impressed with the patterern,i will try it at 30 and 40 yds later to see how well it holds up. eastbank.

If you enjoyed reading about "cheap federal strut-shot turkey shells." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CApighunter
March 14, 2013, 02:59 AM
Nice pattern! That will easily put any bird within range on the ground. I tend to prefer #4s myself, but those 6s work well too!
CApighunter

shaggy430
March 14, 2013, 11:04 AM
I see you like a nice fugly turkey gun as much as I do. The uglier the better. Mine is an 870 though.

If you enjoyed reading about "cheap federal strut-shot turkey shells." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!