Out in the snow with my Kukuri

PDA

Dontkillbill
March 13, 2013, 10:15 PM
I love this blade it cuts great and I could of bought 3 of them for the cost of my zt350.

I used my Kukri out in the woods today to cut down some alders, split wood and chop some seasoned branches.

http://youtu.be/eyRKADhyctY

I got this from GK&CO anyway some blade they have in ebay have 10 dollar shipping. Next blade will be the Afgan 12 inch model with a more modern handle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Out in the snow with my Kukuri" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
March 14, 2013, 12:00 AM
Do you have a link to the kuk on the vendor's site, or pics? Not everyone has video access..

Texan Scott
March 14, 2013, 12:48 AM
Alder is an interesting wood... what are you doing with it? It can be good wood for smoking venison or fish.

Dontkillbill
March 14, 2013, 06:07 AM
I'll post up some pictures when I get off work.

Dontkillbill
March 14, 2013, 06:08 AM
Tex I' was just cutting some alders so I could get the atv in to the woods. I never thought to use them for smoke I usually use hard wood. Now I have another project :)

Certaindeaf
March 14, 2013, 09:18 AM
Peel the bark off the alder first though.

Dontkillbill
March 14, 2013, 10:53 PM
I don't have any pictures online yet :( Yeah the alder needs to be peeled. I want to make some jerky for pemmican so that might be a good addition of flavour.

If you enjoyed reading about "Out in the snow with my Kukuri" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!