where to post a whats it worth post?

PDA

Jim Mac
March 14, 2013, 12:21 AM
I dont want to post anything specific here because I dont want it to sound like a for sale ad. But where would a person post a whats it worth (gun price)? Would running a ad in the classifieds with a number in mind be a better forum? thanks. jim

If you enjoyed reading about "where to post a whats it worth post?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ObsidianOne
March 14, 2013, 01:59 AM
If you're wondering what a particular firearm is worth, I suppose I would put it in one of the forums. For example, if it were a rifle, the Rifle forum, etc.

BigBore44
March 14, 2013, 05:43 AM
If its an AR, a small fortune. Lol

Al Thompson
March 15, 2013, 10:55 AM
Actually the best way is to go to gunbroker and see what your exact model firearms are selling for. One of the issues with THR is that gun prices tend to have regional twists, while gunbroker gives you a larger buying audience.

;)

orionengnr
March 15, 2013, 03:46 PM
Let me re-emphasize what Al said. "What they are actually selling for".
Not "what they are asking", which on GB is two entirely different things.

You can search "Completed Auctions" and sort by number of bids, etc. IIRC, if the price is in green, then it actually sold; if in red, it did not.

Great resource as long as you know what you are looking at.

Sambo82
March 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
As others have said, go to gunbroker, type what you're thinking of buying/selling in the search box, and then click the "buy now" tab. It'll show what others are going for.

If you enjoyed reading about "where to post a whats it worth post?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!