do we really need twelve stickies in the Legal forum?

PDA

mbogo
March 14, 2013, 01:25 PM
It seems excessive to me. You have to scroll halfway down the screen to find the first relevant thread.

mbogo

If you enjoyed reading about "do we really need twelve stickies in the Legal forum?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
March 14, 2013, 01:32 PM
What do you suggest be removed?

mbogo
March 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
The ATF FAQs cover the topics covered by the following stickies:

What is a "Straw Purchase?"
How to ship firearms
What is "Dealing in Firearms Without a License?
Giving pistol as gift question - Holiday Gift Thread

The "Contacting Congresscritters" and "Gun Politics" belong in Activism, and does the "Stop it with the car/driver license analogies!" really deserve to be a sticky?

mbogo

mbogo
March 23, 2013, 11:13 AM
No response from admin or mods?

mbogo

Robert
March 23, 2013, 03:30 PM
Believe it or not we all have families and lives outside THR. Frank is the mod for legal, try sending him a pm.

mbogo
March 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
Okay, will do. I had posted this in Legal, and another moderator moved it here.

mbogo

dogtown tom
March 23, 2013, 06:32 PM
mbogo The ATF FAQs cover the topics covered by the following stickies:
What is a "Straw Purchase?"
How to ship firearms
What is "Dealing in Firearms Without a License?
Giving pistol as gift question - Holiday Gift Thread

The ATF FAQ's are rife with errors and rarely give the full story.

Frank Ettin
March 23, 2013, 08:18 PM
The OP did send me a PM, but as Robert said, we all have other things to do. So I haven't gotten to it yet.

In any case, the stickies the OP suggests removing cover topics that frequently come up and about which there is a lot of misunderstanding. Also, those stickies cover the topics in far more depth than the ATF FAQs.

And I also see dogtown tom's. The ATF sticky thread is kind of insubstantial and might be do for a little renovation.

So I'm inclined to leave the other stickies up.

If you enjoyed reading about "do we really need twelve stickies in the Legal forum?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!