Century Arms Incomplete or U Fix Em

PDA

wkumatt
March 14, 2013, 05:50 PM
If this thread has been done I couldn't find it. First I am aware of the issues with Century contracted builds, lack of C.O.S, and other issues. I'm not asking anyone to rehash that info.
What I'd really like to hear about are any tales of woe or triumph with guns they sell as odd lots that are categorized as, "incomplete" or as, "U Fix Em." I'm really interested to hear about pistol/revolver purchases from them that were in this category. I've almost pulled the trigger on a few of these and there are a couple listed now that really piqued my interest but I've never worked up the courage.
If they run to missing grips or sights I can handle that, but I'd be quickly underwater on the ones I'm looking at if there are serious missing internals. A few of the semi-autos would be worth the risk if they have magazines, but they don't offer that info.
I realize each of these type purchases will be unique but it would be helpful to know in general terms what folks have received. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Century Arms Incomplete or U Fix Em" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wkumatt
March 16, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'm a little surprised, no one has tried this?

Liberty1776
March 16, 2013, 02:56 PM
I didn't know they sold these - thanks for the tip... I'll be checking this out!

wlewisiii
March 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
I've looked at them. Most of them seem to be in a state where repairing them will cost you more in time, parts & tools than it would to buy a functional firearm from them. Unless you have a really well stocked gun smithing bench already, I'd advise staying away.

wkumatt
March 17, 2013, 12:10 AM
Tools I'm squared away on. Parts are certainly a factor, that's what led me to ask.
I agree most of what I've seen is priced such that you'd easily have a retail price invested if anything serious were wrong. However, I've noticed a few lately that are priced about 300$ below retail. If unwind up taking a shot ill post the results here for the next guy.

rule303
March 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
I have purchased a couple dozen u-fix-ems from Century. They run the gamut from nearly perfect where I can not see a an issue at all, to basically a stripped, rusted frame. Once you buy them, there is no return, so it is wise never to buy one for more than parts value.

If you enjoyed reading about "Century Arms Incomplete or U Fix Em" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!