CZ 75 Compact question

PDA

Blakenzy
March 15, 2013, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a CZ75 compact with the Omega trigger system? Or if, perhaps, there will be one in the near future...

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75 Compact question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
History.Doc
March 15, 2013, 09:26 AM
The p07 is the same size as the compact. http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/
It is polymer rather than steel or aluminum though.

Walt Sherrill
March 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
The CZ Custom Shop has offered a similar gun, their equivalent to the P-02, as I understand it (perhaps incorrectly.) (Do a Google Search on CZ Custom Shop.)

Check with them. You can order from them and get minor trigger work done, and then have it shipped to an FFL in your local area for pickup.

It's more costly to do that sort of extra shipping, but you'll end up with a gun that will be MUCH better, crisper and smoother, when you first get it.

(It would be even better if they can do their magic on one with an alloy frame: safety instead of decocker, and omega trigger system....)

viking499
March 15, 2013, 04:49 PM
It is a P02. A few of them came into the US a year or two ago. But not since. Rumored to still be coming someday.....

Why do you want the Omega trigger?

Blakenzy
March 15, 2013, 09:53 PM
I tried it once and it felt MUCH easier to use (particularly in DA).

Thompsoncustom
March 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
While the Omega trigger is better out of the box it doesn't have to potential to be an outstanding trigger like the standard trigger with manual safeties can be made into.

So it is just a matter of what you want.

Blakenzy
March 16, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hmm, so how easy is the trigger improvement on a CZ75? I actually shot a lightly moded 941 Jericho at an IPSC match once and it was real sweet all around. Considering it is a CZ clone I assume you could get similar results... but how easy or complicated is it?

bikerdoc
March 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
My stock compact smoothed out nicely after about 1200 rounds.

Walt Sherrill
March 16, 2013, 09:50 AM
If you go to the CZ Forum, you'll find do-it-yourself instructions, with photos, on doing trigger jobs. I think it's the HOME GUNSMITHING area. http://www.czforumsite.info/

I hate shooting guns with crappy triggers, so when I've gotten a new one, I've just taken the "new" gun to my gunsmith for some tuning. I know that CZs seem to smooth out within a few hundred rounds, but those few hundred rounds are torture for me. (And it's not just CZs that give me this bad experience.)

The Jericho and most of the other clones (except a few of the Turkish-made ones) are generally based on the Tanfoglio pattern, which is a little different than the CZ. (The very earliest Tanfoglio-built guns were clones, but over the years, they've made changes and improvements and while the design is still similar, there's almost no interchangeability of most components.: they're look-alike and work-alike guns, but not clones. The recoil springs from a Tanfoglio-gun will work in a CZ, as will most of the mags, and that's about it.

While the methods for improving the triggers are the same for the Tan and CZ guns, the guns themselves are subtly different, internally. Most of the Tanfoglio-based guns seem to have better triggers out of the box, but within 500-rounds or so, there's not a great difference to be seen or felt.

If Tanfoglio-made guns had better customer service here in the U.S., (i.e., the terrible Witness reputation, for example), I'd probably go Tanfoglio instead of CZ. But, CZs are also great guns, and their customer service is very good, so I don't bother with Tanfoglio. (I haven't bought a new CZ-pattern gun in a number of years, so this is now more theory than practice for me.) Both companies are doing some innovative things, and constantly improving their products. (Note: Witness [EAA Corp is the real company] is an IMPORTER; they work with Tanfoglio to set the specs, and sell what Tanfoglio builds.)

viking499
March 16, 2013, 09:58 AM
Trigger improvement is as easy as this........

http://cajungunworks.com/

Give him a call or drop him a PM.(Schmeky). He will offer options based on what you want to do and you decide what you want to add or don't add. He can ship you the pars and you do the installs or ship him your gun and he will do the work.

Currently have 4 CZ pistols and all have some CGW parts in them. Good stuff.

Thompsoncustom
March 16, 2013, 02:39 PM
It depends on how far u want to tune it and what your plans for the gun are?

CGW makes a lot of drop in parts that make a night and day difference. That and a little polishing is more than enough for most people.

If you want to go real crazy you can get down to a 4lb DA and a 2lb SA with a SA that rivals a 1911 with a mix of cgw modded firing pin lifter and either modding the disco yourself or sending it to cz custom for there SRTS

Kiln
March 16, 2013, 02:58 PM
My CZ75B did the same thing I think somewhere around 700 rounds or so. The triggers get a lot better with use but with the ammo shortages we're facing a regular break in with a couple hundred rounds may be out of the question.

tekarra
March 16, 2013, 04:19 PM
As noted above, I would contact Cajun Gun Works.

Blakenzy
March 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
This would be a for an all-around defensive handgun. Carried on and of. Sometimes in a vehicle.

How does recoil and shot recovery compare to a full size (all steel)?

Holding the Compact and holding a standard 75B there is a slight difference, the compact seeming to fit the hand somewhat better. Entirely personal I know....

On visual inspection the most notorious difference is the grip length, but I think there may be a slight front-aft/circumference difference too? Or does the shorter grip just push the hand higher making it appear to fit better?

I really only had time to hold them and dry fire a few times, couldn't go into specific measurements... perhaps an owner of both could chime in?

Walt Sherrill
March 17, 2013, 11:32 AM
You're right about the "slight difference" -- the gun a slightly shorter grip and barrel, and weighs a bit less. If it has an alloy frame -- can't tell from what you describe -- it could be noticeably lighter than the full-size guns, which are all steel. The grip size and shape is nearly identical except for the length of the grip on most of the CZ-75 based models.

If its got the Omega system, it may be user-convertible from decocker to safety and back -- that is the case with the P-07. The newer P-02 -- which seems to be the gun you're describing -- hasn't been generally available in the U.S., but a few have been seen. I don't know if it's steel or alloy, or whether it can be hand in both/either format.

For carry, the alloy versions are more comfortable, but none are terrible -- if you get a well-designed/well-made holster. I've never noticed that much difference when shooting an alloy version of a CZ. Recoil in 9mm guns just isn't that noticeable if you use proper technique.

I might get a Compact again if they make one with a safety and an alloy frame.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75 Compact question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!