Rifle for its First Outing

PDA

WALKERs210
March 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
I have a Marlin bolt action in 22mag that I bought around Nov of last year and just today took it out back to try it, along with another Marlin in 17HMR. Between weather, health issues just have not done that much shooting and there is no excuse since I don't have to load up and drive to a range. All I have to do is throw what I want on the gun buggy and walk to back side of property . This week had been spent mostly between two different doctors that must need a new car or something because I have been xrayed, poked, stuck and even sonar. Now facing another surgery so I decided to waste a few rounds before I have to deal with recovery time. I did get off my wallet and purchased a laser bore sighter and even tho I didn't think they worked well they do. After I fired about 3 rds from each I put new targets up and shot for accuracy. Wish I could say these shots were free handed but I shake too much and need something to prop up against. Pictures are not doctored or stolen from another shooter, just wish I could do this a little more consistent.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle for its First Outing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fremmer
March 15, 2013, 08:26 PM
That's good shooting, glad you had fun!

Pacsd
March 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
what model is that Marlin .22 mag?

WALKERs210
March 16, 2013, 04:54 AM
The Marlin 22Mag model is 25MN, bolt with 7rd bottom fed magazine. The 17HMR is by Marlin also it is the XT-17 same magazine as the 22mag, adjustable trigger pull, cannot say enough good about the trigger. On the 22mag I just threw a cheaper BSA 3-9 x 40 scope, the 17HMR has a no name brand scope but the field of view on both are pretty good for these old eyes. Might have to break out a really decent scope for both of these.

Skylerbone
March 16, 2013, 05:54 AM
Here's to your health improving and you spending more time with those rifles. I've had my 25N (.22lr) for 20 or so years and I've decided this year is the year it gets new glass. My rested results are in line with yours using my cheap 4X Bushnell AO which tells me we can both expect excellent results with an upgrade. Fine shooting there Walker.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle for its First Outing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!