Sylvilagus Aquaticus
March 13, 2004, 02:38 PM
New York Ballet Dancers Take Shooting Practice

From KLTV- TV7, Tyler, Texas

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1708693

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=1708693&ClientType=Printable

03/12/04 - Longview, Texas
New York Ballet Dancers Take Shooting Practice

Renowned members of the New York Ballet spent time in Longview firing shots on a shooting range. They personify grace and elegance combined with athletic ability. Members of the New York City Ballet are in Longview to perform and soak up some local culture.

"Performing and being able to come to the gun range is one of the highlights of this trip," says dancer Brian Skolnik.

From the intricacies of the pirouette to a pistol range, the dancers enjoyed a leisurely shoot. Some had never seen a gun, much less fired one. "It's really hard to do this in new York! This is the highlight of my year every year, coming down to Longview," said New Yorker Seth Orza.

Firing gloks, 45's, 38 revolvers, maybe it's something about New York, but they did rather well.

"Maybe letting some of the inner aggressions out. Its like when in Rome, you know," says ballerina Sarah Ricard.

Dancer Brandon Skolnik is the only one not stranger to guns, being a badge carrying New York courts deputy.

The dancers will perform with the Longview company Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday afternoon at 2:30 at T.G. Field auditorium.

Bob Hallmark, reporting.

===================================
This is from near my old stomping grounds. I know there are several folks around Longview and Tyler who probably saw this on TV.

cnemikeman, was this at ETRPC? BTW, How's Bob Godell and Bill Hodges doing these days?

Regards,
Rabbit.

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Ballet Dancers Take Shooting Practice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DesertRat
March 13, 2004, 03:34 PM
:scrutiny:

hmmm. Perhaps there is some redeeming quality to the ballet art form after all.

I know...what they need to do is come up with a new ballet show depicting the plight of the persecuted gun owner. This show should be a testament to the unconstitutional laws and ordinances enacted in states such as Illinois, California and even their own, New York.

Perhaps they can can even use some prop guns.

I can just imagine it now...(day dreaming) :uhoh:

Or maybe I'll just watch a hockey game instead.

:evil:

wardog
March 13, 2004, 03:45 PM
"gloks" :D

Andrew Rothman
March 13, 2004, 04:52 PM
Heh. TV people don't need to lern to spel.

The_Antibubba
March 13, 2004, 08:24 PM
Is it pronounced "twenneetoo caliber", or "tutu caliber"? :evil:

I'll only apologize for that one if I'm forced to.

JimJD
March 13, 2004, 08:32 PM
Hmmm....
Ballet and Bullets.

Interesting.

Preacherman
March 13, 2004, 09:48 PM
And you should see them house-clearing! Arabesques at the corners, Chandelles on the straights, pas-des-deux through the doors... :D

Navy joe
March 13, 2004, 11:52 PM
Not 100% sure, but I believe Eric Grauffel(That's world IPSC champion Eric Grauffel for all you non-shooting armchair types ;) ) takes ballet classes to improve his movement skills. I guess it's working because he is always moving and always shooting. Grape smuggling unitards aside, ballet dancers are incredible athletes.

If you enjoyed reading about "New York Ballet Dancers Take Shooting Practice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!