Colorado Question

PDA

longknife12
March 16, 2013, 09:56 PM
Even though imediate family transfers will still continue...w/o background checks, I have give a number of guns to son and daughter. Question, should I list these guns and SN's ang get it notorized? This will just cover things in
case a new round of legislation tries to nulify this amendment.
Dan

Both kiddos are legal recievers with clean records. Perhaps I'm just getting paranoid...LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clocker
March 16, 2013, 11:28 PM
Not sure that I understand why you would want to do this. There is no Colorado law that exists today which would require you to have a bill of sale let alone a notarized piece of paper.

The Colorado universal background bill cannot be fairly enforced as proposed, so I have to ask myself why I would go out of my way for unreasonable steps before transfer or sale of my personal property.

MErl
March 16, 2013, 11:41 PM
no need for that. the BG check allows for it even after July 1. Given the rules in CO government you'll have warning before anything changes.

If you want to be fully 100% compliant though, make sure they have some magazines. 1224 is a much much bigger nightmare than 1229

longknife12
March 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks...probably my paranoids....just wanted to be sure they were well covered.
Dan

If you enjoyed reading about "Colorado Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!