What is the going price for 1k spp and lpp?

PDA

stodd
March 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
Hello all. What is the goi g price on 1k of small and large pistol primers you guys are finding? Looking they are around 42 per 1k locally.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the going price for 1k spp and lpp?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
noylj
March 16, 2013, 10:55 PM
What ever the market will bear--just like always.

walnut1704
March 16, 2013, 10:56 PM
That's the price at my LGS, if they have any.......

vtail
March 16, 2013, 10:58 PM
Cabela's for $38/1K.

Of course you have to add in shipping and haz-mat.

$42/1K local is high, but may be the new norm.

DeadFlies
March 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
I just paid $30 for 1k SPPs at the local reloading shop. But on Armslist they aren't really available for less than $50 per 1k.

Mike 27
March 16, 2013, 11:31 PM
Wow they are a going up. I thought I was paying a bit on the high side here in Alaska. I bought some before the shortage for around 35 per k.

GCBurner
March 16, 2013, 11:33 PM
All sizes were $30 per thousand at the store at the gun club, but deliveries are only trickling in, a few cartons per week. Still, the ARE getting delivered on a regular basis.

BYJO4
March 16, 2013, 11:40 PM
Prices at this time are all over the place. Those that have to have primers are paying a premium but things will get back to normal.

FROGO207
March 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
Locally available are in the $32 to $37 per K range for what is available. No small anything primers at all. But the LP/LPM and LR/LRM are in stock by the 5K sleeve presently. Also they have stayed in stock for about a week now.

ArchAngelCD
March 17, 2013, 12:17 AM
Hello all. What is the goi g price on 1k of small and large pistol primers you guys are finding? Looking they are around 42 per 1k locally.
In my area $30 to $32 seems to be the going rate at the local stores who won't hurt their customers. The guys who just don't care are charging between $38 and $42 per/k.

ssilence
March 17, 2013, 12:19 AM
Went to a local store today and it was $50/k. But then again they are always way overpriced.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Kevin Rohrer
March 17, 2013, 12:41 AM
I am paying around $32 a thousand.

rsrocket1
March 17, 2013, 01:52 AM
I bought 3k over the last 3 weeks, 1 LPP, 1 SPP and 1 SRP. All CCI, all $31.95+tax. They were $28+tax a few months ago, but I'm not complaining.

Fishslayer
March 17, 2013, 02:15 AM
The guys who just don't care are charging between $38 and $42 per/k.

Ummm... last time I bought any at my local Turners here in California they were $42.50/K. My LGS sells 'em for $33-ish... when he has them. There's the rub.

$50/K is considered a decent deal on my local WTS board. It's not what somebody paid for 'em, it's what it'll cost to replace 'em. Right now that's an unknown.

Last time around, the Great Primer Drought of '09, it was LPP that were unobtanium. This time it's SRP that are gold. Everybody reloading 5.56/.223.

wgaynor
March 17, 2013, 10:32 AM
$30-$32 for all brands here (Tula, Winchester, and CCI) --> Western Kentucky

Gadawg88
March 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
$25.69 on back order at Midsouth shooters if you can wait months. At LGS in Atlanta selling for $4.99 per 100, limit 300 per customer. So $50 per 1000 plus tax and gas for three trips to the store. Ouch!

rromeo
March 17, 2013, 10:25 PM
$31/1,000 at one store, but they only have large. The store with small pistol and rifle charges $37-38.
These are all CCI.

James2
March 17, 2013, 10:29 PM
$34 per 1000 locally.

thump_rrr
March 17, 2013, 11:02 PM
$26.00/1000 when buying 5000 S&B SPP
$29.00/1000 S&B SRP
$32.00/1000 Winchester LPP
$35.95/1000 Federal 210M Gold Medal Match LRP

ArchAngelCD
March 17, 2013, 11:11 PM
Ummm... last time I bought any at my local Turners here in California they were $42.50/K. My LGS sells 'em for $33-ish... when he has them. There's the rub.

$50/K is considered a decent deal on my local WTS board. It's not what somebody paid for 'em, it's what it'll cost to replace 'em. Right now that's an unknown.

Last time around, the Great Primer Drought of '09, it was LPP that were unobtanium. This time it's SRP that are gold. Everybody reloading 5.56/.223.
I'm sure the prices on the West coast are always a bit higher than here in PA. Before the election I was paying no more than $28/k so $38/$40 is high around here especially since they can be had for $32/k. Since both stores are buying from the same vendor you know the stores with the higher prices are charging too much...

stiffdogg06
March 17, 2013, 11:24 PM
Local gun store had 2k CCI SPP for $36/k. Did not buy. I'm not buying stuff to flip on gunbroker.

My supplies of SPP and SRP were brought from Powdervalley a while back for $26/k

1SOW
March 17, 2013, 11:30 PM
I helped a shooter buy some Rem SPPs at a local range that had a "two hundred" limit.
Two hundred sold for $11.50 counting tax.

I got lucky this week at Midway and got 5K Fed SPP's (max limit) shipped for $168.00

grubbylabs
March 17, 2013, 11:37 PM
I find it amazing how many people are anti free market.

Matno
March 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
So do I, but I also find it surprising that production is keeping up so poorly with demand. Ammo shortages may only be a thing of the last few months (this time), but lots of gun manufacturers have been behind demand for the past couple of years. I realize that many of them have ramped up production to 75 or even 100% of capacity, but it seems to me that now would be a good time to increase their production capacity. I'm not complaining about the free market, just bugged by the lag time. I guess it seems that they may be playing things a little too cautiously for many of us. For me, the timing couldn't be worse - I've been waiting 20 years to have a good paying job, and now that I do, prices are too high for the wife's comfort!

grubbylabs
March 18, 2013, 12:27 AM
Its a combination of a anti business and gun government. Why would a company spend huge sums of capitol, only to be punished by increased tax's and regulations. And if the current party in power has their way, they will limit quantities across the board, making the need for them to ramp up production a risky move.

It seems that people don't understand that small shop owners don't have the capitol or ability to rid this out without raising their prices. Big box stores like Cabala's or Sportsman's rely heavily on appeal for their bread and butter sails, But the local small shop does not have that luxury and they have to somehow plan ahead for what things are going to cost, no matter what they cost yesterday.

Any one who want's a local shop in the future should do their best to support them during the hard times now.

thump_rrr
March 18, 2013, 03:51 AM
Its a combination of a anti business and gun government. Why would a company spend huge sums of capitol, only to be punished by increased tax's and regulations. And if the current party in power has their way, they will limit quantities across the board, making the need for them to ramp up production a risky move.

It seems that people don't understand that small shop owners don't have the capitol or ability to rid this out without raising their prices. Big box stores like Cabala's or Sportsman's rely heavily on appeal for their bread and butter sails, But the local small shop does not have that luxury and they have to somehow plan ahead for what things are going to cost, no matter what they cost yesterday.

Any one who want's a local shop in the future should do their best to support them during the hard times now.
I am friends or at least acquaintances with the few store owners in my area.
They all tell me that their prices have not gone up from their distributors.
Here in Canada we have much less panic purchasing going on as
Far as firearms go but just as much as far as reloading components and AR parts.

It seems that for the most part manufacturers are still supplying their international distributors to some extent. The only bullet shortage that I have found is in 55gr .223 bullets.
Maybe I'm ahead of the curve on powder but I haven't missed a thing.

Fishslayer
March 18, 2013, 02:58 PM
I got lucky this week at Midway and got 5K Fed SPP's (max limit) shipped for $168.00

5K of Federal. Did they have to ship 'em in a Conex box? :D

evan price
March 18, 2013, 05:29 PM
At the new Cabela's this morning, there were two bricks of CCI large pistol primers for $37.99 each, on the shelf. No other primers in the store.
I am well stocked in those, otherwise I might have been tempted.

1SOW
March 19, 2013, 02:12 AM

I lived in Wichita Falls TX when a tornao put 20K people out of a home. Within 40 miles there was no phone service, no electricity and no water could be pumped.

The FREE MARKET then was the guy with the generator powered gas station charging triple for desparately needed gasoline. Gas prices didn't go up. Supply went down.. After the recovery, no one bought his gas and put him out of business.

There is a difference between the free market system and simply being screw'd.

I find it amazing how many people rush to capitalize on the misfortune of others.

firesky101
March 19, 2013, 02:15 AM
I bought 5 boxes of primers today, and 7lbs of powder. The primers were marked 39.99 but he sold them to me for 32.99 since I bought quite a bit from him.

glider1
March 19, 2013, 09:09 AM
Around here, Mo., less than 35 is ok, over that and I'm not buying. I usually pay 32 per 1000 for SPP or LPP. I have a decent stock of primers so I don't have to have them if I think it's to high. When things calm down I'll stock up big time on everything.

wackemanstackem
March 19, 2013, 08:44 PM
The govt caused alot of the shortage dont forget they put in over a billion orders for diff ammo and guess what where all gona get whats left.

oneounceload
March 19, 2013, 08:57 PM
So do I, but I also find it surprising that production is keeping up so poorly with demand.

They were running 24/7 BEFORE the last election and subsequent events - add in gov't orders and supplies are getting out as fast as they can.

I lived in Wichita Falls TX when a tornao put 20K people out of a home. Within 40 miles there was no phone service, no electricity and no water could be pumped.

The FREE MARKET then was the guy with the generator powered gas station charging triple for desparately needed gasoline. Gas prices didn't go up. Supply went down.. After the recovery, no one bought his gas and put him out of business.

I find it amazing how many people rush to capitalize on the misfortune of others.

And I live in FL where in 2004, we got with four hurricanes back to back to back to back - so what?

Watch this video - maybe it will help explain supply and demand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QEkw6_O6w

noylj
March 20, 2013, 12:47 PM
>The FREE MARKET then was the guy with the generator powered gas station charging triple for desparately needed gasoline. Gas prices didn't go up. Supply went down.. After the recovery, no one bought his gas and put him out of business.

Well that was stupid. Who the heck will be there with a portable generator and gas the next time? Was he twisting your arm to buy the gas? Some people cut off their nose to spite their face and feel they have taken the moral high ground.
If you don't like him, then you should try living under communism and not have a "free" market to supply goods and services.

Tallen45
March 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
You guys are making me drool. I can't find any primers at any price in my area (central Ohio). No pistol, rifle, or even magnums. Every shop I go to is stripped clean.

jim243
March 20, 2013, 05:34 PM

I am not anti free market, I AM ANTI BLACK MARKET, LEARN THE DIFFERENCE.

Jim

JJ-
March 20, 2013, 05:54 PM
You guys are making me drool. I can't find any primers at any price in my area (central Ohio). No pistol, rifle, or even magnums. Every shop I go to is stripped clean.

We have no powder or primers either, anywhere

GT1
March 20, 2013, 06:15 PM

Yeah, no shortage of slimebags, but then it has always been that way.

Just remember who they are, that's all.

oneounceload
March 20, 2013, 09:10 PM
Yep, remember who they are, because the next time, they will have what you want, while the others will either be out of inventory or simply out of business

Belmont148
March 20, 2013, 09:29 PM
Just picked up 3000 Federal LP for $40 each, 2000 Federal SP for $40 ea. and 2000 Winchester LR for $35 each.

cwbys4evr
March 21, 2013, 01:23 PM
My LGS has them for 4.99 per hundred.

cwbys4evr
March 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
The government did not just go down to Walmart one day to the ammo counter and say, "Yes. I'd like a billion rounds please." They signed contracts with ammo makers to make ammo for them over the next 5-10 years. It's not the government causing the shortage. It's the people panicking, hoarding, and profiteering.

cwbys4evr
March 21, 2013, 01:37 PM
5 year contract, 1.6 billion rounds
320 million rounds per year
876K rounds per day

16 billion rounds are made around the world each year
43 million rounds per day

The DHS contract for ammo takes up about 2 percent of the worlds daily ammo production.

grubbylabs
March 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Watch this video - maybe it will help explain supply and demand:

I fear that for some, no amount of explaining will help. they are upset that they don't have what they want, and will not listen to logic.

GT1
March 21, 2013, 04:15 PM
A whack job video justifying slime bag criminal behavior.

Nice.
Not very high road.

Just because I am against profiteering and crooked business practices.
I have all I need as far as reloading components, tooling, presses, and firearms, so that isn't it.

Maybe it is integrity, it is a nice thing to have, some have none. *shrug*

grubbylabs
March 21, 2013, 04:44 PM
A whack job video justifying slime bag criminal behavior.

See, a prime example.

Micha2u
March 21, 2013, 05:03 PM
I picked up 1M Federal Small Rifle primers for $28 a week ago with a limit of 1M per customer. They were out of CCI for around the same price.

gamestalker
March 22, 2013, 03:59 AM
The high price in town is $39.99 per K (CCI), and the low price is $34.99. Speaking of, I ran across a case of CCI BR in my primer stock that I had paid $18.99 for during the Clinton ban back in the 1990's.

GS

Maj Dad
March 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
Picked up 1m CCI LP Mag & 1m CCI SR Mag for $29.99 each today @ LGS (Ace Hardware). Thought the SR was SP :o - don't really need SR, esp. Mag, but I guess I'll hang on to them...

Mel1776
March 23, 2013, 02:15 PM
Win LPP $40/M @ gun show on Colorado Front Range. Just one table at that. A few tables with very small amounts various types in the 4.99/100 range. Saved my $ as I'm still in good shape.

Motownfire
March 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
I purchased 3000 CCI SPP yesterday for $37.99 per 1000 at a LGS.

ssilence
March 23, 2013, 07:26 PM
I went to another LGS today and they had CCI SPP and LPP fpr $39.99.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the going price for 1k spp and lpp?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!