The Recruit!!

PDA

.45FMJoe
February 3, 2003, 12:15 AM
Excellent movie! Even had some really good (maybe not in some parts) gun handling. I enjoyed it, and didn't see the ending coming :)

If you enjoyed reading about "The Recruit!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamBam-31
February 3, 2003, 03:54 AM
Really?! :scrutiny:

I thought the ending was pretty predictable. Still an enjoyable movie, though. Gotta love the Steyr AUG!! :)

jmbg29
February 3, 2003, 05:10 AM
I love spy flicks, but I have exceeded my lifetime quota for watching Al "Hooah" Pacino play Al "Hooah" Pacino.

Where is that puke smily?:uhoh: :scrutiny:

Don Gwinn
February 3, 2003, 09:49 AM
JMBG, he wasn't playing the "Hooah" guy this time. He was playing the coach from Any Given Sunday again, as near as I could tell.

I haven't seen it. I didn't have high hopes for the gun handling when the new guy blew out the center of a target at top speed and explained that he'd learned to do it from "Nintendo." Maybe he was supposed to be kidding.

jbutenhoff
February 3, 2003, 03:06 PM
I was just screaming in my head, THAT GLOCK IS EMPTY! The slide was locked back! Before the end the guy holding it (not trying to give away too much) hit the slide release and did his thing. Really shocked at that, also never saw a finger in the trigger except when actually shooting. I wonder if the director is pro gun and wants to show propper gun handling?

Jamie

BamBam-31
February 3, 2003, 03:16 PM
SPOILER:

The Glock didn't need to be loaded at the end. It served it's purpose anyways.

(Edited to remove spoiler).

Steve in PA
February 3, 2003, 04:45 PM
Ahhhhhh...........I was gonna see that too!!!!!! :cuss:

jmbg29
February 3, 2003, 04:53 PM
He was playing the coach from Any Given Sunday again, as near as I could tell. Like there is a difference?:D ;) :p

plnkr1234
February 3, 2003, 06:09 PM
Guys,

I was looking forward to seeing this movie. Someone just ruined the ending for me.

Perhaps, next time, you could warn that you're going to give it away so that those of us who haven't seen it yet can stop reading the thread.

Anyone else agree?

Thanks

jbutenhoff
February 3, 2003, 06:39 PM
What did you think spoiler meant?

BamBam-31
February 3, 2003, 06:40 PM
My apologies. :(

I tried posting the "SPOILER" warning, though. Will edit.

Country Boy
February 5, 2003, 05:12 PM
I'll admit, it looks like a movie I'll plop down a few bucks to see. It sounds like a typical spy movie, but we'll see...

spacemanspiff
February 5, 2003, 05:23 PM
oh and for those who have yet to see it, the ship goes down at the end of titanic.

and i am tyler durden.

and it was maggie simpson who shot mr burns.

and the guy in sixth sense was dead but didnt know it till the end.

and darth vader is really lukes father.

nyuk nyuk nyuk. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "The Recruit!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!