Any Good Books on Ballistics?

PDA

Mad Man
March 13, 2004, 06:26 PM
I am looking for a book that has ballistic tables for rounds from various manufacturers. It would be great it if was up-to-date to include the new WSM cartridges, too.

I realize that I can go to the manufacturer's web sites, and look up the ballistics tables there. However, I don't really want to click back-and-forth between web pages to make comparisons. I want something that has all of the information I need in one place.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Good Books on Ballistics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
strambo
March 13, 2004, 07:30 PM
http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/ballistics/ballistics.html

Not a book, but it will never get outdated! Click on calculations, then click on Trajectories, Basic. The only info you need are the ballistic coefficient of the round and the velocity. If ya roll your own this site is worth it's bandwidth in gold (IMHO) Another option is to buy Sierra's ballistic software, I've never tried it since this site is free! This site won't solve your clicking back and forth problem, but it's a great resource, and you could print out the data for side by side comparison.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Good Books on Ballistics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!